Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool

Go down 
+2
OU
hardcoreBEE24
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool Empty
PostSubject: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:30 am

Are they good owners? They're going to buy my favorite sports team so I hope they're better than the current pricks.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:50 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Are they good owners? They're going to buy my favorite sports team so I hope they're better than the current pricks.

They spend a lot. Not nearly as much as my team but on average more than the rest of baseball. Its what you want from an ownership. They're good owners.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:52 am

Theo Epstien is a smart man, not sure if he is involved though.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:01 am

It'll be New England Sports Ventures that will be making the buy. Its a conglomerate multi sport company that was headed by Red Sox Principle owner John Henry. Check out their portfolio its wild the stuff they own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:21 am

Thanks guys. They sound pretty good. You can have Tom Hicks and George Gillett back.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:25 pm

As a dedicated Red Sox fan these guys have far and away been the finest Sox owners in 40 years. Spent money on the stadium and the team and care greatly about winning.

Assuming they behave the same way in Liverpool you'll be thrilled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:45 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
As a dedicated Red Sox fan these guys have far and away been the finest Sox owners in 40 years. Spent money on the stadium and the team and care greatly about winning.

Assuming they behave the same way in Liverpool you'll be thrilled.

That's exactly what we need. They're saying the right things so far.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:32 pm

Sir Alex said any problems with Pool had been due too Jose Mourinho Rafa and not ownership, it's Liverpool anyways.

Last edited by LA on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:37 pm

LA wrote:
Sir Alex said any problems with Pool had been due too Jose Mourinho and not ownership, it's Liverpool anyways.
HUH? what has the great one done to affect liverpool? im sure you mean Rafa Benitez?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:44 pm

Rafa yeah, but never been high on Mourinho anyways, probably why I typed it.

The great one should only be used to refer to Sir Alex in terms of Managers.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:45 pm

Stan Kroenke currently owns Arsenal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:31 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
Stan Kroenke currently owns Arsenal.

Not true, he's in the process of buying up alot of Arsenal's shares. Stan needs more before he can attempt a takeover.

Hopefully Liverpool's new owners give the fans what they want, a new stadium and a bigger transfer budget.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:20 pm

LA wrote:
Sir Alex said any problems with Pool had been due too Jose Mourinho Rafa and not ownership, it's Liverpool anyways.

How on earth would AF know about anything going on at Liverpool? He should shut the fuck up about Liverpool and worry only about Man Ure. Anyway Jose Mourinho > Alex Ferguson.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:43 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
LA wrote:

How on earth would AF know about anything going on at Liverpool? He should shut the fuck up about Liverpool and worry only about Man Ure. Anyway Jose Mourinho > Alex Ferguson.

He knows whats up, and Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:52 pm

LA wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
LA wrote:

He knows whats up, and Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah

Yeah because he's spent even a single day in the club.

Alex Ferguson- Coached 34 years. 14 National titles and 2 Champions League titles.
Jose Mourinho- Coached 10 years. 6 National titles and 2 Champions League titles.

I'm sure Mourinho will easily win 8 more national titles in the next 24 years.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:58 pm

With Real?

I'll give him this he did a great job with Porto and he's very good at taking over teams at the right time. Chelsea has just finished second and were an obvious team on the rise and Inter was already a great team, think they won 2 straight league Titles when he came in. I heard he wants to be Man U's coach after Sir Alex now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:33 pm

LA wrote:
With Real?

I'll give him this he did a great job with Porto and he's very good at taking over teams at the right time. Chelsea has just finished second and were an obvious team on the rise and Inter was already a great team, think they won 2 straight league Titles when he came in. I heard he wants to be Man U's coach after Sir Alex now.

You always hear a lot of things. AF has been with the biggest club in the world since 1986 so no excuses saying Mourinho is at a big club. Chelsea hadn't won the title in 50 years before Mourinho took over and Inter and Porto hadn't won the champions league in decades.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 am

Sir Alex did a lot with Man U, hadn't won a league Title in like 30 years (didn't know that off of the top of my head). On Chelsea, they had finished 2nd in the Prem the year before and were an obvious team to watch and Inter did win 2 straight Serie A Titles when Jose came in, he ushered already great teams. Porto was his best coaching job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:43 am

Inter hadn't won the champions league though in decades. There is a big difference fron 2nd to champions for the 1st time in 50 years. Man Utd have had the most money in EPL for ages and AF had the best players for 2 decades. Both are great though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:59 pm

If Jose Murinho is successful at Real Madrid then in my opinion we'll be witnessing the greatest manger EVER.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Ali wrote:
If Jose Murinho is successful at Real Madrid then in my opinion we'll be witnessing the greatest manger EVER.

I agree. He can then take over at Liverpool and put us back where we belong Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:04 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Ali wrote:

I agree. He can then take over at Liverpool and put us back where we belong Very Happy

Haha you wish, funnily enough I have a feeling Murinho will be the one to replace Sir Alex Ferguson when he retires.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:11 pm

That would be the worst.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Manchester United is the only real big enough club to lure back The Special One, it's a massive club world wide full of rich history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Ali wrote:
Manchester United is the only real big enough club to lure back The Special One, it's a massive club world wide full of rich history.

I know but I can't stand them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool   Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool Empty

Back to top Go down

Current owners of Boston Red Sox set to buy Liverpool
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next