Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire

Go down 
+3
NJBeatdown86
powerpuncher
marbleheadmaui
7 posters
AuthorMessage

HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire Empty
PostSubject: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:00 pm

Nonito Donaire, who moves to bantamweight to face former WBA champion Wladimir Sidorenko on December 4 as part of Top Rank's scheduled pay-per-view, will make double than what he would have made for Showtime's bantamweight tournament. Donaire's manager Cameron Dunkin told the Los Angeles Times that Donaire is making $300,000 for Sidorenko, where he would have made only $150,000 for the first round of the Showtime tourney.

Top Rank CEO Bob Arum told the paper that February 19 has been set aside for an HBO televised showdown between Donaire and Montiel, assuming both win later this year. Donaire says the winner of his fight with Montiel can face the tournament winner at some point in 2011. Donaire's manager expects Abner Mares to win by overcoming Vic Darchinyan on December 11 and then beating the Yonnhy Perez-Joseph Agbeko winner.

"I was the first guy they asked to be in that tournament," Donaire said. "It wasn't my decision to make. I was a bit upset, but now that they've got me Montiel, I'm happy. Now, I can get Montiel and the tournament winner can fight whoever wins our fight."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=31536
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:11 pm

WOOOOOOOOOO FRAKIN HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:51 pm

hopefully
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:11 pm

Why does this have to wait until February? Get your asses in the ring now (especially Nonito)!
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:35 am

Doesnt this sound great Smile, but I highly doubt the winner of Montiel-Donaire fights the winner of the Bantom tourney. How many times have we expected the top fighters to face off? plenty of times and it almost never happens. These promoters arent working with each and the fighters dont want to fight the best.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:47 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
Why does this have to wait until February? Get your asses in the ring now (especially Nonito)!
they both have a fight prior to their meeting. nonito i believe will be on the dec 4th undercard so its a good way to hype up the fight.
Back to top Go down
dbudge87
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:10 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

oh yeah baby i'm feeling this fight too. it's about time that Donaire got fighting somebody with credibilty, whether it's his fault or not, it's about time. Montiel is a f*****g good fighter. Donaire is also pretty damn hot. this fight should be explosive and a highly skilled contest. the rest of the division can rot for all i care if this fight turns out to be a scorcher, maybe a trilogy could be on the cards
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:00 pm

dbudge87 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

oh yeah baby i'm feeling this fight too. it's about time that Donaire got fighting somebody with credibilty, whether it's his fault or not, it's about time. Montiel is a f*****g good fighter. Donaire is also pretty damn hot. this fight should be explosive and a highly skilled contest. the rest of the division can rot for all i care if this fight turns out to be a scorcher, maybe a trilogy could be on the cards
wtf?
Back to top Go down
dbudge87
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:25 pm

as in "i'd like to rump him" hot, you know just typical non gay boxing stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 7:04 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:

My guess is HBO can't afford it this year.
Back to top Go down
dbudge87
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:20 am

arent Montiel and Donaire both fighting before christmas already?
Back to top Go down
daintyhulk

PostSubject: Re: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:27 pm

dbudge87 wrote:
YUP
That's why the February date
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:27 pm

dbudge87 wrote:

Donaire is scheduled to fight in December, Montiel was suppose to fight last month but I don't know why it fell through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire   HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire Empty

Back to top Go down

HBO keeping Feb 19th aside for Fernando Montiel vs Nonito Donaire
Page 1 of 1