Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre

Go down 
+2
OU
LA
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:10 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
LA wrote:
Rodgers 7.74 and he has legs

Pretty small sample thus far though. Let's look again in five years.

Could be even better
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:30 pm

LA wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
LA wrote:
Rodgers 7.74 and he has legs

Pretty small sample thus far though. Let's look again in five years.

Could be even better

And he could be Mark Rypien. Time in sports is generally a truth telling machine.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:36 pm

If you're watching him and not seeing a great QB that'll stick around you're smoking some good crack.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:53 pm

LA wrote:
If you're watching him and not seeing a great QB that'll stick around you're smoking some good crack.

LA... Drew Bledsoe, Boomer Esiason, Phil Simms, Kenny Anderson and Steve McNair all had a few great years, does that make them all-time greats? Why are you struggling with what Marble's telling you here?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:54 pm

LA wrote:

Watched too many guys have 2-3 good years and then drop off to believe it before it happens. That's all.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:02 pm

What did he tell me? he typed two sentences in two posts and said he could be Mark Rypien, Rodgers is the goods it's obvious.

And none of those guys came on the scene and played like Rodgers is playing as a starter in his first 3 years.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Barring injury Rogers is going to be a Pro Bowler for years to come. Same goes for Rivers, right LA?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:05 pm

OULA
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:13 pm

LA wrote:
OULA

I can see the chants now O-U-L-A
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:44 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Barring injury Rogers is going to be a Pro Bowler for years to come. Same goes for Rivers, right LA?

In recent times it seems I remember fans saying the same thing about Mark Brunell, Jeff Garcia and Mark Bulger. Injuries or just not having what it takes? I'm not saying he's going to flop like landed trout, but I'm also not ready to start carving out his bust for Canton...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:50 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

In recent times it seems I remember fans saying the same thing about Mark Brunell, Jeff Garcia and Mark Bulger. Injuries or just not having what it takes? I'm not saying he's going to flop like landed trout, but I'm also not ready to start carving out his bust for Canton...

Well I'm a little too young to remember what they said about those guys at the beginning of their careers. My first memory of Garcia is TO calling him gay.
But I would say Rodgers has showed as much promise as any QB I can remember that has come in in the last 8 years or so.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Garcia was to be the next Montana or Young passing for just under 14,000 yards in his first four years and going to 3 pro bowls. He and the team went steadily downhill after that and he bounced around the league never recapturing that success.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:17 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Garcia was to be the next Montana or Young passing for just under 14,000 yards in his first four years and going to 3 pro bowls. He and the team went steadily downhill after that and he bounced around the league never recapturing that success.

So kind of like a Culpepper kind of thing? He benefited from great WR.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Garcia showed TO, you seen his wife? damn

But when we see Rodgers you can just tel,l at least I can, he'll be great for years to come, and it's a prediction remember.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:25 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

So kind of like a Culpepper kind of thing? He benefited from great WR.

No, a very good TEAM. They went from a 12-4 to a 2-14 in three years. A QB and a WR don't do that. Losing half of your roster and being coached by Dennis Erickson do that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:27 pm

LA wrote:
Garcia showed TO, you seen his wife? damn

But when we see Rodgers you can just tel,l at least I can, he'll be great for years to come, and it's a prediction remember.

To be fair he also has a very good set of WR. But I agree he appears to be the real deal.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:32 pm

And a shit O-line, he has all the throws, great movement and can run the ball too, without thinking too much I'd say behind Vick the best running QB in the league right now, well V-Young but Rodgers has nice rushing stats so far in his career.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:37 pm

LA wrote:
And a shit O-line, he has all the throws, great movement and can run the ball too, without thinking too much I'd say behind Vick the best running QB in the league right now, well V-Young but Rodgers has nice rushing stats so far in his career.

Alex Smith is probably the 2nd fastest starting QB, 1st if Vick isn't starting. That guy can really move. IMO Romo and Aaron are pretty comparable with the legs. But Alex Smith is a better athlete then both and would burn both of them in a foot race. Now Smith is far inferior to both of those guys but speed wise he has a pretty good advantage.

*forgot about Young but you get my point, Smith can move.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Check the numbers though

Smith 2 rushing TDs in his career, 3 years ago, not much over 100 yrds most in a season
Romo 3 TDs rushing, most yrds in a season 129
Rodgers 11 TDs in 2 and 4 games as a starter, 206 1st year, 330 2nd year
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Have to put Garrard and Cutler on that list. They will run and are capable runners. Well, Cutler is forced to more often than choosing to this season... lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:46 pm

LA wrote:
Check the numbers though

Smith 2 rushing TDs in his career, 3 years ago, not much over 100 yrds most in a season
Romo 3 TDs rushing, most yrds in a season 129
Rodgers 11 TDs in 2 and 4 games as a starter, 206 1st year, 330 2nd year

Those stats don't tell the whole truth. Watch Smith fly in that MNF game earlier this year and come back and tell me Rodgers could even sniff him in a foot race. Smith is way faster then Aaron, it's not even close. Those numbers don't tell the story. I remember Smith was blazing at the combine as well for a QB. His athleticism is what got him drafted over Rodgers.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:49 pm

IDK he doesn't run enough, and I'm not talking speed but ability to run as a QB, Rodgers is smart about it, that why he has 11 TDs and way more rushing yrds in only 2 seasons and 4 games.I don't think Smith is that good a rushing QB anyways. Those who drafted him over Rodgers made a huge mistake to, when I watch Rodgers he seems way more athletic.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:50 pm

LA wrote:
IDK he doesn't run enough, and I'm not talking speed but ability to run as a QB, Rodgers is smart about it, that why he has 11 TDs and way more rushing yrds in only 2 seasons and 4 games.I don't think Smith is that good a rushing QB anyways. Those who drafted him over Rodgers made a huge mistake to, when I watch Rodgers he seems way more athletic.

I'm telling you bro, I know for a fact Smith would burn him in a race. It wouldn't be close. Not really an opinion, dude is just that much faster.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Like u said Rodgers may be more effective but Smith is much, much faster.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Garrard 300+ the last two seasons... Not too shabby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre   Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Current QBs that will go down as better QBs then Favre
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next