Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Idea for Marble

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Idea for Marble Empty
PostSubject: Idea for Marble   Idea for Marble EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:07 am

Marble, I'll be honest. I've momentarily run out of things to write about, hence the Mayweather sympahty article. However, I have a good idea. A superfight between two fighters of a different era written of course, by you. We're not talking just fight here. For example, if it was Joe Louis vs. Muhammad Ali, you'd be able to write about the camps, what effect Ali's bragging is having on Louis, interviews, which time in history the fight takes place (To avoid arguments, my opinion is present day). Little things are important, like Joe Louis and his love for ice cream and ladies (not in that order). LOL. Maybe with all these ideas, you'll suggest I write it. Maybe so, but your hold on boxing history can make the personality details of this fight interesting. I can follow up with another fight (if this is the fight you choose.). Time is a big factor for me, so I'll do my best. What do ya think?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

Idea for Marble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for Marble   Idea for Marble EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 am

frank just give the brain a rest and refresh it.you will come up with great topics soon.you always do..as most know im far from a fan of fantasy fights or dream fights or stuff like that.powerpuncher started a series of great fighters rarely talked about then was on a break from the forum..i followed up the series with gene fullmer and luiz rodriguez..you marble and powerpuncher can add to that series which i feel is reality and not imaginative fantasy land.it also would refresh our memories and even perhaps educate some of our fantastic younger posters on the games history and maybe even expose them to a deserving fighter that before was just a name they read once or twice..think about that guys.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Idea for Marble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for Marble   Idea for Marble EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:36 am

Just a suggestion.

The year is 2004. A well known fighter, more familiar for his threats than his boxing accomplishments, Cassius Clay, has challenged reigning champion "Joe Louis." The fight, at least on paper, seems to be capturing the imagination of the Sports world, at least momentarily. In response to the Iraq war, Ali has stated, "No Iraqi ever called me a nigger." Joe Louis, on the other hand, has honored the troops with his statement, "We'll win because we're on God's side." While Louis had no comment on Clay's anti war statement, which went over well with some members of the Democratic Party, the sporting press seems split on who do give their loyalty to. Joe's power is incredible yet some liberals feel betrayed by Joe’s attitude and doubt he knows anything remotely important about the Iraq war. The extreme right sees Clay as a potential enemy to foreign policy because of his effect on the American youth. Most, however, see him as a buffoon who would be lucky to last one round against the "Brown Bomber" from Detroit. The only think this reporter can remember to cause such a generation gap is the debate over the legalization of marijuana.

Clay's alleged association with controversial reverend, Jeremiah Wright, has caused some friction as well. Junior Senator, Barak Obama, who is a member of Wright's church, repudiated the Iraqi war on the basis of its failure to generate any positive results in connection with US - Middle East relations and sees it as a waste of the tax payer’s money. However, the little known Senator had no comment on Clay's racial quote and seems distant when challenged with questions about him.
Well, I’ve started the story for you Marble. If you’re interested, go for it. I’m sure everyone will have a great time reading it.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Idea for Marble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for Marble   Idea for Marble EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:41 am

Good idea, dmar. A super fight between someone like Willie Joyce and a well known fighter of today. Let me say this. I think what bores you about the fantasy superfights is the habit of isolating the fight from the pre fight hype which would take place. Personality conflicts may greaten your interest. For example, an argument between Ray Robinson and Floyd Mayweather. FLoyd: You... you think I haven't seen you fight. I've seen all of your fights! I've seen every damn thing!/ Ray Robinson: You don't act like you did.

See, little things like that can increase the drama of these fights.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

Idea for Marble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for Marble   Idea for Marble EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:45 am

good read frank..ill make suggestions for the topic i presented.1.billy graham2.jack delaney3.lou jenkins4.young stribbling..there are others lots of them.louis and ali most of us know inside out..lol im a pain but rarely talked about great or near great fighters have earned to be disgussed by us even if its a one time series like powerpuncher started..marble excells in giving a full account of a fighter.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

Idea for Marble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for Marble   Idea for Marble EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:26 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
frank just give the brain a rest and refresh it.you will come up with great topics soon.you always do..as most know im far from a fan of fantasy fights or dream fights or stuff like that.powerpuncher started a series of great fighters rarely talked about then was on a break from the forum..i followed up the series with gene fullmer and luiz rodriguez..you marble and powerpuncher can add to that series which i feel is reality and not imaginative fantasy land.it also would refresh our memories and even perhaps educate some of our fantastic younger posters on the games history and maybe even expose them to a deserving fighter that before was just a name they read once or twice..think about that guys.
i really need to start that up again
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

Idea for Marble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for Marble   Idea for Marble EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:32 pm

4445Frank wrote:
Just a suggestion.

The year is 2004. A well known fighter, more familiar for his threats than his boxing accomplishments, Cassius Clay, has challenged reigning champion "Joe Louis." The fight, at least on paper, seems to be capturing the imagination of the Sports world, at least momentarily. In response to the Iraq war, Ali has stated, "No Iraqi ever called me a nigger." Joe Louis, on the other hand, has honored the troops with his statement, "We'll win because we're on God's side." While Louis had no comment on Clay's anti war statement, which went over well with some members of the Democratic Party, the sporting press seems split on who do give their loyalty to. Joe's power is incredible yet some liberals feel betrayed by Joe’s attitude and doubt he knows anything remotely important about the Iraq war. The extreme right sees Clay as a potential enemy to foreign policy because of his effect on the American youth. Most, however, see him as a buffoon who would be lucky to last one round against the "Brown Bomber" from Detroit. The only think this reporter can remember to cause such a generation gap is the debate over the legalization of marijuana.

Clay's alleged association with controversial reverend, Jeremiah Wright, has caused some friction as well. Junior Senator, Barak Obama, who is a member of Wright's church, repudiated the Iraqi war on the basis of its failure to generate any positive results in connection with US - Middle East relations and sees it as a waste of the tax payer’s money. However, the little known Senator had no comment on Clay's racial quote and seems distant when challenged with questions about him.
Well, I’ve started the story for you Marble. If you’re interested, go for it. I’m sure everyone will have a great time reading it.

What the hell do you need me for again? That was GREAT! You're better with writers'block than I am at my best. KEEP GOING!
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Idea for Marble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for Marble   Idea for Marble EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:02 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
Just a suggestion.

What the hell do you need me for again? That was GREAT! You're better with writers'block than I am at my best. KEEP GOING!
That's just not true, Marble. I'll try and find the time to do it, but it'll be in spurts.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

Idea for Marble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for Marble   Idea for Marble EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:06 pm

4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
Just a suggestion.

That's just not true, Marble. I'll try and find the time to do it, but it'll be in spurts.

How about this. You pick a fantasy fight and we write alternating rounds?
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Idea for Marble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for Marble   Idea for Marble EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 7:54 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
Just a suggestion.

How about this. You pick a fantasy fight and we write alternating rounds?
Now that's an idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Idea for Marble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for Marble   Idea for Marble Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea for Marble
Page 1 of 1