Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paulie Malignaggi is full of.......

Go down 
+2
hardcoreBEE24
dbudge87
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Paulie Malignaggi is full of....... Empty
PostSubject: Paulie Malignaggi is full of.......   Paulie Malignaggi is full of....... EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:12 pm

Former junior welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi is far from finished in the sport of boxing. After suffering a bad knockout loss in May to WBA champion Amir Khan, and later breaking ties with longtime promoter Lou DiBella, Malignaggi's career appeared to be in limbo. Last week Malignaggi officially signed with Golden Boy Promotions and is now looking forward to a fresh start in the welterweight division.

"I'm going to be moving up to the welterweight division, and I'm going to take it slow," said Malignaggi. "I mean, not too slow, but I want to get comfortable at the new weight. It's a weight where I feel that I'll be much more comfortable, because making 140 pounds for so many years, you know, it just got to be too much to deal with."

Prior to facing Khan, Malignaggi knew that a leap in weight was necessary. There were stuggles over the last two years, but he barely made his body make the weight for the fight with Khan.

"Definitely for the Amir Khan fight. I mean, making weight for the Diaz fight was no picnic either. But the Amir Khan fight, I don't know. I think that I just got to the point where my body was just growing and fill out more," said Malignaggi.

"It was getting harder and harder every training camp, even though I was fighting just about every three or four months. Every time, getting my weight down, it was harder, to the point where, for the Amir Khan fight, it was like, 'I've got to make this weight or die trying.'"

About six weeks prior to facing Khan, Malignaggi knew he was in trouble when his strength trainer measured his body fat percentage at six percent while he still weighed 160 pounds.

"I knew that I was in trouble, and that it was going to be a big problem. In the past year, my walking around weight has gone up to about 170, 171 pounds. But those last few days, I think I was literally on my reserves for liquids and I didn't know if I was going to die of dehydration," said Malignaggi.

"Taking nothing away from Amir Khan, I mean, I don't want to say that the weight was the difference. That was a difficult fight, and I'm not trying to put that out there as an excuse. But I don't ever want to struggle like that or go through that again."

Malignaggi hopes to return at the end of year or early 2011. It depends if a spot opens up on a current Golden Boy show. He wants to stay very busy and plans to take the first available spot.

"We want to get into a pretty good fight by the end of the year, but I understand that a lot of the Golden Boy shows are all booked up. I have the option of either waiting until next year or in the meantime and try to jump into a big fight, or taking a tune up and trying to stay busy. And I'm leaning toward that, even if the pay isn't that great," said Malignaggi.

"I feel like this is a fresh start and that this is a new opportunity. So whether it's a big fight or a smaller fight, I want to get back into the ring. Because in a wierd way, I feel like boxing keeps me sane and keeps me from going crazy."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=31499
Back to top Go down
dbudge87
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi is full of.......   Paulie Malignaggi is full of....... EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:14 pm

malignaggi talks a good fight
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi is full of.......   Paulie Malignaggi is full of....... EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:38 pm

The only difference he'll see at the new weight is more vicious knockouts from his opponents.
Back to top Go down
dbudge87
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi is full of.......   Paulie Malignaggi is full of....... EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:57 pm

is Malignaggi the most deluded fighter in the World?
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi is full of.......   Paulie Malignaggi is full of....... EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:01 pm

dbudge87 wrote:

That would be David Haye.
Back to top Go down
nano212
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
nano212

Favorite Fighter(s) : JMM, Rafaell Marquez, Pac and David Haye

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi is full of.......   Paulie Malignaggi is full of....... EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 3:07 pm

You read it here first. Canelo is wanting to go back down and contunie his career at 147lbs right? Well what do you know GBP signed PM to a contract and he wants to fight at 147lbs! GBP will set it up very nice next year trust me!!
Back to top Go down
dbudge87
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi is full of.......   Paulie Malignaggi is full of....... EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 3:23 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
dbudge87 wrote:

That would be David Haye.

Haye has been way more successful than Paulie, Paulie is more deluded about how good he really is. Haye is just a bitch
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Paulie Malignaggi is full of.......   Paulie Malignaggi is full of....... EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:27 am

wasn't malignaggi talking crazy about golden boy when he got robbed against diaz? prior to this interview or for the rematch he whined about schaffer