Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forrest on Rome Friday

Go down 
+2
Farmer1906
OU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Forrest on Rome Friday Empty
PostSubject: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Just heard Rome say he is talking MMA with Forrest Griffin tomorrow. I think he is talking about the radio show but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Rome always has great fighting guests. Forrest is probably the most exciting interview around. The guy is as funny as they come.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:32 pm

im going to defintely tune in for that one! there's a guy im not worried about if he talks MMA
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:41 pm

Spurs?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:46 pm

I'll have to catch that thanks Cool
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:54 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I'll have to catch that thanks Cool

No prob, Rome usually gives great interviews. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't listen to his show.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:57 pm

It will be on the Radio show, Rome said they are going to talk Forrest's book and more
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:58 pm

yeah its me farmer! figured ihatethespurs was a name i picked before i was on the mma boards...

just keep calling me spurs tho haha
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Never seen a a boring forrest interview.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:39 pm

just a reminder, Forrest is coming up at the top of the hour, Rome just said so.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Rome is on espn radi right?
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:56 pm

never mind got the stream
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:18 pm

Forrest is awesome, great interview. The guy is so honest and has a good sense of humor. lol at him wanting to fight O'Rielly and Maher. Jim Rome paraphrased his book as "How not to be a tool"
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:22 pm

Great interview. Said he would retire in 5 years. Coolest dude in the world.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:30 pm

Damn I missed it. Maybe I can catch a link somewhere
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 6:55 pm

http://mmamania.com/2009/07/17/jim-rome-burns-on-brock-lesnar-ufc-100-post-fight-meltdown/
… during his radio show today:

“It’s been a week since Brock Lesnar opened up Frank Mir’s face and then went WWE after the fight. And the debate rages on! Is Lesnar good or bad for the sport? WEC Featherweight Champion Mike Brown says Lesnar is bringing the one thing the sport probably doesn’t need … hillbillies: ‘normal sports fans or MMA fans, I don’t think they’re into this type of thing. But the pro-wrestling fans, that’s what they’re into. I’ve never been a pro-wrestling fan, but I could imagine, I know there’s a lot of them, how they got really into that. They love the heel, the bad guy, the jerk who talks a lot of smack. So maybe it’s going to attract some hillbilly fans.’ Maybe it’ll attract some hillbilly fans? Right! And maybe the new Harry Potter movie will attract lames in capes and costumes with broomsticks. I’m with Brown … I’ve never been a pro wrestling fan either. Or a fan of laying a beatdown on a guy and getting in his grill to remind him of it while he’s getting medical attention! Or, of ‘flipping off’ the fans! Or, telling them what you’re going to do your wife later that night. Or hillbillies! All that said … don’t tell me this guy isn’t good for the UFC, because he is! Either you love him or you hate him, but you will pay to see him. You know the guy is the ‘Next Big Thing,’ the biggest pub hound ever! Shaq is trying to hitch his gravy train to him saying he wants to fight him. Shaq … check it …. you know how I be — you won’t last five minutes in the C-A-G-E. Check it … you know how I be — you can’t hang with that hill-bill-ee!”
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:04 pm

Sooners? Would you have taken this deal Markakis and Carpenter for Bills, Romero and Choo?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forrest on Rome Friday   Forrest on Rome Friday Empty

Back to top Go down

Forrest on Rome Friday
Page 1 of 1