Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recession is over???

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
marbleheadmaui
Birdofthad
WinstonSmith
LTFG
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Recession is over??? Empty
PostSubject: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:38 pm

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/sep/21/business/la-fi-recession-over-20100921

So on Tuesday, the United States' Bureau of Economic Research gave us all the good news we've been waiting for... The recession is over! Not only is it over, but it's been over since June of 2009...?

Let's see, we have a 9.6% national unemployment rate (Actual rate closer to 14%). Housing foreclosures continue to rise every month. Housing starts continue to drop. Housing sales and values continue to fall. The stock market is as volatile as it's ever been (And if I recall was hovering barely over 8,000 last June). And I'm pretty sure that every other economic marker to evaluate growth is still in the toilet.

One has to ask... What exactly about the economy suggests that the recession is over? I mean short of them making the announcement hours before Obama did a televised Town Hall where he commented about the announcement... I would like to give this inept group of economists the benefit of the doubt, since they are supposedly unafilliated with any political group and a "nonprofit". But I see no evidence to support their "findings". So unless someone can provide the world with actual facts to back their alledged findings, I have to believe that they have an agenda that somehow coincides with this administration and is somehow trying to help paint a brighter picture of what most of America is seeing as failed policies where the country continues to flounder.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:41 pm

It's more Bravo Sierra in time for the November elections.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:46 pm

That among many other things... They really believe the people are stupid enough not to see through the BS. I can't believe the average person isn't more offended and pissed at how they're viewed...
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:46 pm

i dont get why people whine about this like its some party theory

they went to the number crunching dorks that determine when recessions start and end and they told us that the recession according to their terms on what is a recession, the recession ended a year ago

interesting
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:03 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:

So on Tuesday, the United States' Bureau of Economic Research gave us all the good news we've been waiting for... The recession is over! Not only is it over, but it's been over since June of 2009...?

Let's see, we have a 9.6% national unemployment rate (Actual rate closer to 14%). Housing foreclosures continue to rise every month. Housing starts continue to drop. Housing sales and values continue to fall. The stock market is as volatile as it's ever been (And if I recall was hovering barely over 8,000 last June). And I'm pretty sure that every other economic marker to evaluate growth is still in the toilet.

One has to ask... What exactly about the economy suggests that the recession is over? I mean short of them making the announcement hours before Obama did a televised Town Hall where he commented about the announcement... I would like to give this inept group of economists the benefit of the doubt, since they are supposedly unafilliated with any political group and a "nonprofit". But I see no evidence to support their "findings". So unless someone can provide the world with actual facts to back their alledged findings, I have to believe that they have an agenda that somehow coincides with this administration and is somehow trying to help paint a brighter picture of what most of America is seeing as failed policies where the country continues to flounder.

GDP has been positive for the last four quarters and turned positive in Q3 2009.

The traditional definition of a recession is two or more consecutive quarters of negaitve GDP. That trend ended about a year ago. There is nothing surprising here.

And for the record NOBODY has less use for this administration than I do.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:05 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

GDP has been positive for the last four quarters and turned positive in Q3 2009.

The traditional definition of a recession is two or more consecutive quarters of negaitve GDP. That trend ended about a year ago. There is nothing surprising here.

And for the record NOBODY has less use for this administration than I do.

Thanks dog.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:19 pm

To the exten anyone cares here is the NBER press release

http://www.nber.org/cycles/sept2010.html

Here is the key paragraph

The committee waited to make its decision until revisions in the National Income and Product Accounts, released on July 30 and August 27, 2010, clarified the 2009 time path of the two broadest measures of economic activity, real Gross Domestic Product (real GDP) and real Gross Domestic Income (real GDI). The committee noted that in the most recent data, for the second quarter of 2010, the average of real GDP and real GDI was 3.1 percent above its low in the second quarter of 2009 but remained 1.3 percent below the previous peak which was reached in the fourth quarter of 2007.

One other point. The economists who make up the NBER are hardly a set of wild-eyed lefties. Fer crying out loud Martin Feldstein and Robert Hall and Robert Stock are three of them.

Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:41 pm

People who are unemployed have no interest in GDP.I'm not here to argue with Marble,but those are the facts.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:50 pm

yes. the recession is over. The dollar is at it's lowest value ever and unemployment is rising. But the recession is over. Praise the politicians!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:53 pm

oggy420 wrote:
yes. the recession is over. The dollar is at it's lowest value ever and unemployment is rising. But the recession is over. Praise the politicians!!!

Don't blame me I voted for the old guy.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Politicians are mostly all the same. There are very few honest one's with integrity. Most of them are in it for profit and power. Obama and McCain serve the same interests at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:59 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Politicians are mostly all the same. There are very few honest one's with integrity. Most of them are in it for profit and power. Obama and McCain serve the same interests at the end of the day.

Yeah except McCain didn't have a cool catch phrase like "YES WE CAN!"
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:16 pm

McCain would of been the worst
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:19 pm

That's probably true. He would have kept the iraq war going for the simple reason that he profits from it. His foreign policy would definitely been worse. As for economics im not sure. We need smaller federal government and that is opposite of what Obama is.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:20 pm

This is the jobless recovery I saw analysts predicting two years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:23 pm

oggy420 wrote:
That's probably true. He would have kept the iraq war going for the simple reason that he profits from it. His foreign policy would definitely been worse. As for economics im not sure. We need smaller federal government and that is opposite of what Obama is.

All you really have to do is look at what he has done in the senate and in his own state. That he is not in jail right now is an injustice.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:31 pm

well that can be said about a lot of politicians and even former presidents.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:33 pm

That's true, but I'm talking about murder for profit.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:41 pm

of course. what else would we be talking about? Haliburton and the Carlyle Group ring a bell? It amazes me that no one really cares to connect the dots.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:57 pm

I'm talking about Arizona citizens. McCain's decisions have led to many dead people here. The United Nations have declared the events in Arizona to be a government mandated genocide, this in recent history, not the 1800's or anything. McCain was and has been a key figure in orchestrating and maintaining it.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:07 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
People who are unemployed have no interest in GDP.I'm not here to argue with Marble,but those are the facts.

Don't diagree but that's not the issue at hand.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:08 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
This is the jobless recovery I saw analysts predicting two years ago.

EVERY RECOVERY is jobless. Employment is a lagging indicator.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:11 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I'm talking about Arizona citizens. McCain's decisions have led to many dead people here. The United Nations have declared the events in Arizona to be a government mandated genocide, this in recent history, not the 1800's or anything. McCain was and has been a key figure in orchestrating and maintaining it.

of course. This is "our" country. The White man slaughtered a lot of native americans to conquer this country. We are not about to let a bunch of immigrants from latin american lands that we have already raped to come here and take our jobs. "They took our jobbbsss!!!!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:17 pm

recessions and depressions are orchestrated events (great depression). Look no further than the fractional reserve banking system of the FED reserve. They create debt, inflation and interest. A monetary system that makes it's own laws and regulations will never work. We are headed towards economic disaster despite what the media wants you to believe.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:20 pm

oggy420 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

of course. This is "our" country. The White man slaughtered a lot of native americans to conquer this country. We are not about to let a bunch of immigrants from latin american lands that we have already raped to come here and take our jobs. "They took our jobbbsss!!!!!!!!"

I'm talking about 100% U.S. Citizens, not legal or illegal immigrants from south of the border.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recession is over???   Recession is over??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Recession is over???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next