Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go? Empty
PostSubject: What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go?   What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:23 pm

eh Mora and Mosely should never step in the boxing ring again. Escelante, he'll continue to be an excieting ESPN fighter and nothing More. Harris, just shot, needs to pay bills, so he'll continue getting his ass kicked for checks. Canelo, it would be best if he continues to fight guys like Baldi, hes still not good enough to fight in that elite level until another 4 or 5 years. Call me crazy, but he would easily beat Chavez jr at this point of his career.

As for De Leon and Ortiz, they need title shots! (especially Ponce) As i doubt John-Gamboa will happen, GBP who promotes John in the states should match him up with Ponce. I like that match up and it would be a very good fight. Ponce has improved after every loss, especially after being stomped in 1 by Lopez. Hes a Puncher with a Solid D (now) and would give anyone a good fight at this point (yup even in a Lopez rematch)

Victor Ortiz needs to stop fighting Cans. Time to fight top 10 Jr Welters, hes fought enough push overs as it it (the Campbell and Diaz fights was enough, but were well needed). Its time for him to continue that path he was on before Maidana whooped him. Since then Ortiz has improved and Maidana keeps looking more vulnerable by the fight. Ortiz is a good fighter, but only when aggressive. I know he wont get a title shot till Khan-Maidana and Bradely-Alexander fights are done (then if winners of each bout face off). Hopefully theres a crowed Jr WW Ring Champ by the Summer of 11 and if Ortiz beats two or three top 10 ranked fighters, he'll be a wise choice to face the man of the division by the end of next year. I think an Victor Ortiz vs Lemont Peterson and Ortiz vs Brandon Rios would be great match ups. Ortiz should fight one more time before the year ends.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go?   What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:46 pm

Ortiz- how about fighting someone not totally shot

Harris- he can be vicious at home (just not in a boxing ring again)

Mora- he needs to quit boring us; I have to believe that cutting down to 154 didn't do him any favors. So go back to 160 and try to stop boring us.

Mosley-he needs to retire, but he won't and I predict he will be full on slurring within 18 months

Escalante-to 4 months of rest and then in the gym to work on some boxing skills- the whole wide open brawling didn't work so well

De Leon- another big fight

Baldomir- he is taking that final check to the bank, helping train his son after having done pretty well for himself (financially) in the last 5 years of his career

Alvarez-he'll go back to Mexico with his hottie, he'll fight over the hill/smaller/limited guys for too long. When he finally steps up against top competition, he better have developed his power to the point that it can make up for the speed difference

Arce- he needs to retire but he will be sucking on lolipops until someone puts him down and out for good.
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go?   What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:00 am

I was disappointed with Ortiz's performance against Harris. In fairness though I would have been disappointed with anything less than a 1st round KO because Harris is completely shot and was never much good to begin with.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go?   What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Winners:
Ponce De Leon should try and rematch Caballero or JuanMa Lopez

Ortiz needs a name at 140, Judah-Mathysse winner would be ideal, stay active fight a guy like Urango in between

Alvarez keep climbing the ladder and being active

Mosley take a cash out fight and say peace out

Losers:
Escalante back to FNFs/Solo Boxeo to work on his game as mentioned

Baldomir enjoy retirement

Harris ^^^

Mora dont care

Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go?   What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:03 pm

Diego408 wrote:
eh Mora and Mosely should never step in the boxing ring again. Escelante, he'll continue to be an excieting ESPN fighter and nothing More. Harris, just shot, needs to pay bills, so he'll continue getting his ass kicked for checks. Canelo, it would be best if he continues to fight guys like Baldi, hes still not good enough to fight in that elite level until another 4 or 5 years. Call me crazy, but he would easily beat Chavez jr at this point of his career.

As for De Leon and Ortiz, they need title shots! (especially Ponce) As i doubt John-Gamboa will happen, GBP who promotes John in the states should match him up with Ponce. I like that match up and it would be a very good fight. Ponce has improved after every loss, especially after being stomped in 1 by Lopez. Hes a Puncher with a Solid D (now) and would give anyone a good fight at this point (yup even in a Lopez rematch)

Victor Ortiz needs to stop fighting Cans. Time to fight top 10 Jr Welters, hes fought enough push overs as it it (the Campbell and Diaz fights was enough, but were well needed). Its time for him to continue that path he was on before Maidana whooped him. Since then Ortiz has improved and Maidana keeps looking more vulnerable by the fight. Ortiz is a good fighter, but only when aggressive. I know he wont get a title shot till Khan-Maidana and Bradely-Alexander fights are done (then if winners of each bout face off). Hopefully theres a crowed Jr WW Ring Champ by the Summer of 11 and if Ortiz beats two or three top 10 ranked fighters, he'll be a wise choice to face the man of the division by the end of next year. I think an Victor Ortiz vs Lemont Peterson and Ortiz vs Brandon Rios would be great match ups. Ortiz should fight one more time before the year ends.

thoughts?

The first bold and italics I disagree with, Harris should not get a boxing license in any state. He should not be able to step in a ring ever again.

The rest I totally agree with, good job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go?   What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go? Empty

Back to top Go down

What direction should fighters from yeaterdays fights go?
Page 1 of 1