Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce

Go down 
+3
MMAEYES
OU
killerofchicken
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:40 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Wolf has already TKO'd andrew once on TUF, once as amatuers, once in the UFC and once at XMMA Thug-throwdown 12.

He's been training with Brock's camp though and wants another shot.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:41 am

tell him to get some wins first. Send him to the boxing board. Its been easy pickings there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:55 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
tell him to get some wins first. Send him to the boxing board. Its been easy pickings there.

Lol. Yeah I've been padding my record that way.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:04 am

Wolf isn't man enough to carry my fucking waterbottle, so in that sense it would be like Yoda vs. a newly formed maggot in the trash bin. Also Wolf's comments about how the "UFC" guys haven't fought anybody? Who the fuck has been stepping into the cage's I wonder? Oh you mean guys hand picked by you as acceptable fighters. CC did get KTFO by Gonzaga as did Werdum, the guy who beat Fedor in under 2 minutes, by JDS. Mir and Cain both beat a declining Nog, but he was never anybody either I guess? Please, for someone who calls everyone out for their "assbabble" you sure have a lot of it.

Oh and FYI, thank you for letting me know my chair smells just like your Mom's dick. Now I know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:11 am

Gets popcorn ready and waits...................
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:30 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Wolf has already TKO'd andrew once on TUF, once as amatuers, once in the UFC and once at XMMA Thug-throwdown 12.
I attended this but got kicked out half way through because I wasn't thug enuff'...
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:33 am

killerofchicken wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
I attended this but got kicked out half way through because I wasn't thug enuff'...

Me too! They said I couldn't actually fight, because I could read the contract.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Wolf isn't man enough to carry my fucking waterbottle, so in that sense it would be like Yoda vs. a newly formed maggot in the trash bin. Also Wolf's comments about how the "UFC" guys haven't fought anybody? Who the fuck has been stepping into the cage's I wonder? Oh you mean guys hand picked by you as acceptable fighters. CC did get KTFO by Gonzaga as did Werdum, the guy who beat Fedor in under 2 minutes, by JDS. Mir and Cain both beat a declining Nog, but he was never anybody either I guess? Please, for someone who calls everyone out for their "assbabble" you sure have a lot of it.

Oh and FYI, thank you for letting me know my chair smells just like your Mom's dick. Now I know.

Fedor had already reaped Nog's soul twice, when he was in his prime. JDS is the only fighter with a deep resume of this new bunch. He still hasn't been tested against a wrestler though.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Yes Fedor did that like 6 years ago. Did you want to discuss Ted Williams hitting ability vs. Chipper Jones too?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:10 pm

But he hasn't shown any declines as a fighter, other than the Werdum loss has, to the point single handledly ended the careers of two UFC champions.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Former champions one and two, wasn't Sylvia's reputation pretty much tarnished after an old man came out of retirement and beat his ass? AA has always had a questionable chin, has he not? In addition, you yourself have stated that at the time those 2 UFC Champions were Champs, the UFC has a very weak HW Division, which I would agree with. Once you have stripped away the manufactured glory of AA and TS, who are the other awesome opponents for the last 5 years? Grim? HMC? MW Matt Lindland? Mark Hunt? Mark Coleman? He fought at best at the time a barely top 10 Werdum and was subbed in under 2 minutes. He hasn't had any real fights against real dangerous competition since 2005. Look I think the guy deserves to be in the MMA HOF, but I don't give props to a guy ducking real competition for 5 years a lot of weight. I want you to quit thinking back like 5 years ago is the same as it is today, it isn't! The only thing that hasn't really changed in MMA in almost 15 years is Randy Couture and I love the guy, but he isn't top 10 in his weight class right now, at least we still consider your guy.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:23 pm

blah blah blah blah, so then Brock's win over Couture is taken away, subtracting the only good win off his record. Mir is a wash. Carwin was unproven and only lost because cardio collapse. etc.

It goes both ways. The only fighters that really are proven are Fedor, Werdum, Barnett, and Dos Santos under the logic here. Cain looks to be as good as any of those guys though. Cain/Dos Santos are the only fighters in the UFC who will ever make a legitimate claim as best in the world in my mind, unless Carwin shows a drastic improvement in his cardio or Lesnar shows drastic improvement in every single aspect of his horrible MMA game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:59 pm

I have to say that when Sylvia lost to Fedor he was top 10 and Arlovski was number 2 when he got KO'd by Fedor.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:10 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
I have to say that when Sylvia lost to Fedor he was top 10 and Arlovski was number 2 when he got KO'd by Fedor.

yeah Andrew likes to discredit the AA win, yet AA KO'd Nelson and Rothwell just prior to fighting Fedor. And just recently Nelson was one win away from a UFC title shot, while Rothwell is still one of the best wins on Cain's resume.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:23 am

Barnet vs Fedor please!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:54 am

Never mind. This is like arguing wih a brickwall that doesn't realize it is crumbling. Enjoy Josh, I am sure he has an excellent masking agent to deal the roids. Enjoy Fabricio, I do wish he was in the UFC. Enjoy Fedor/M-1/Vadim, I wouldn't be shocked if they call out someone who doesn't have plans yet...eventually. Knowing them, they will probably call out Christine Santos.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:04 pm

Never mind. This is like arguing wih a brickwall that doesn't realize it is crumbling. Enjoy Josh, I am sure he has an excellent masking agent to deal the roids. Enjoy Fabricio, I do wish he was in the UFC. Enjoy Fedor/M-1/Vadim, I wouldn't be shocked if they call out someone who doesn't have plans yet...eventually. Knowing them, they will probably call out Christine Santos.

as if the UFC champ with his grand total of 5 wins, wasn't also busted with some sort of growth hormone. but at least he fights other roiders and the best 47 yr old dudes in MMA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:08 pm

captain organic wrote:

as if the UFC champ with his grand total of 5 wins, wasn't also busted with some sort of growth hormone. but at least he fights other roiders and the best 47 yr old dudes in MMA.

Lesnar wasn't busted taking roids so he is innocent until proven guilty.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:12 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Yeah only busted with possession of them.......he also didn't inhale.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:12 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
captain organic wrote:

but he was caught with a not at that time illegal growth hormone.

Much like Overeem, I'd be shocked if Brock was not at some point on steroids.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm

captain organic wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
captain organic wrote:

but he was caught with a not at that time illegal growth hormone.

Much like Overeem, I'd be shocked if Brock was not at some point on steroids.

Well if it wasn't illegal at the time then he did nothing wrong. Also, how long ago was that? 10 years or so?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Fuck it this argument is old! We all declare that Grim is the 3rd greatest HW of all time, therefore validating Wolf's existence and Fedor's great comeback from that awesome fighter with the best BJJ/Grappling/striking/clinch game in the history of MMA. All Hail Brett Rogers. Now if everybody agrees, we can call up Sherdog and order them to make Fedor #1 again, because Werdum cheated by actually knowing what the fuck he was doing in a fight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Fuck it this argument is old! We all declare that Grim is the 3rd greatest HW of all time, therefore validating Wolf's existence and Fedor's great comeback from that awesome fighter with the best BJJ/Grappling/striking/clinch game in the history of MMA. All Hail Brett Rogers. Now if everybody agrees, we can call up Sherdog and order them to make Fedor #1 again, because Werdum cheated by actually knowing what the fuck he was doing in a fight.

Andrew u r the King of attributing ridiculous arguments to people who do not say anything that resembles that argument.

But if your comfortable with a dude with 5 wins as the best heavy on the planet, then that is cool.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:07 pm

I am fine with it. If that is your whole fucking argument. I mean he has not been fighting Over-the-hill-middleweights (Lindland), oversized Koreans (HMC), nobodies from nowhere (Grim), and 2 former UFC Champions from the days when the UFC didn't have a legit HW Division (AA & TS). No Randy isn't young, but can anybody on this board tell me a time when Randy was young in this sport? He is still one of the best. Mir is a former Champ from the weak old days, but he is an ever evolving fighter and a solid gatekeeper. Carwin isn't young either, but he doesn't have the wear-and-tear, plus he is arguably the most powerful striker in MMA. Heath Herring, while not the greatest is certainly one of the toughest fighters I have ever seen, fucking miss that guy. So while his resume is not as long, over the last few years, it is certainly more impressive than Fedor's or Grim's or any other HW in SF.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:33 pm

I am fine with it. If that is your whole fucking argument. I mean he has not been fighting Over-the-hill-middleweights (Lindland), oversized Koreans (HMC), nobodies from nowhere (Grim), and 2 former UFC Champions from the days when the UFC didn't have a legit HW Division (AA & TS). No Randy isn't young, but can anybody on this board tell me a time when Randy was young in this sport? He is still one of the best. Mir is a former Champ from the weak old days, but he is an ever evolving fighter and a solid gatekeeper. Carwin isn't young either, but he doesn't have the wear-and-tear, plus he is arguably the most powerful striker in MMA. Heath Herring, while not the greatest is certainly one of the toughest fighters I have ever seen, fucking miss that guy. So while his resume is not as long, over the last few years, it is certainly more impressive than Fedor's or Grim's or any other HW in SF.

So what do we have there Andrew, a super old Randy, a weak chinned champ from the not so glory days in Mir, and a nobody from nowhere in Carwin. That is Brock's career. It's actually somewhat similar to Fedor's recent opponents. Only difference is Fedor had 25 wins b4 the recent stretch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce   Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Josh Barnett signs multi-fight contract with Strikeforce
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2