Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cuban got UFC on HDNET

Go down 
+3
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
GDPofDRC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Cuban got UFC on HDNET Empty
PostSubject: Cuban got UFC on HDNET   Cuban got UFC on HDNET EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:38 pm

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/09/11/mark-cubans-hdnet-to-get-ufc-access/

After years of a relationship that could best be termed "sometimes rocky," billionaire businessman and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has settled his differences with UFC president Dana White – at least enough for the UFC to open the door for Cuban's TV network, HDNet.

Cuban made the announcement on Friday's episode of "Inside MMA," a weekly mixed martial arts interview and highlights show that airs on HDNet with hosts Kenny Rice and former King of Pancrase champion Bas Rutten.

Cuban said the network will now be granted access to Zuffa events and will be able to use video highlights after fights. And he said Rice and Rutten would be at UFC events as part of the "Inside MMA" show.

"Over the years, Dana and I have had some disagreements at the business level," Cuban said on the show. "Because of those – and I can see his side of it, as well – HDNet has not had access to UFC events. We weren't able to be at the weigh-ins, we didn't have press credentials, we didn't get video after fights. So Dana and I have been talking for the past few months and kind of came to some agreements and worked things out."

Cuban said any perceived rifts with White over the years were merely the nature of business.

"We've always gotten along," Cuban said. "When the UFC came to Dallas (for UFC 103 in September 2009), I hosted him, met his wife. We've always gotten along great, but it always came down to some business points. We worked those things out."

"Inside MMA" has done live on-location broadcasts in the past, setting up at weigh-ins for Strikeforce. Since the show airs on Fridays, the same day as weigh-in events for Saturday UFC cards, Cuban said viewers can expect the show and the network to be a fixture with the promotion now.

"Going forward, you'll see HDNet at all the UFC events," Cuban said. "We'll have (Rice and Rutten) there. We'll be doing interviews there. Hopefully we'll be able to go live from weigh-ins. They still have their deals with Spike, obviously, and Versus, and they'll still work closely with some other folks. But we'll have full access, and that's going to be a big change. That means ("Inside MMA") will have a lot more access. I'm looking forward to working really closely with them and doing a lot more with them."

Zuffa partners with Spike TV for UFC events including Fight Night cards, "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series, live finales of that show, highlight shows such as "UFC Unleashed" and the "Countdown" event preview series. And the Versus cable network airs live WEC cards, highlight shows and is in the middle of a deal to show four live UFC events. Recently, ESPN has increased its coverage of MMA, including live broadcasts of "MMA Live" at UFC events.

Cuban launched HDNet in September 2001. Through its HDNet Fights branch, the all high-definition station airs live cards with promotions including Dream, Sengoku, K-1, King of the Cage, Maximum Fighting Championship and Adrenaline MMA, among others.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Cuban got UFC on HDNET   Cuban got UFC on HDNET EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:52 pm

cool news
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Cuban got UFC on HDNET   Cuban got UFC on HDNET EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:34 pm

I wondered, because the UFC has been allowing footage ever since Reed Harris went on last month. I think the addition of shows like "Fighting Words" played a huge part, since it's doing well and has a lot of UFC content of the type you can only get on HDnet(not on Vs, Spike). It makes HDnet more than merely the outlet for regional and international coverage it had been. Now it makes HDnet another vehicle to further their own brand. That's all they were concerned with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Cuban got UFC on HDNET   Cuban got UFC on HDNET EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:37 pm

I thought i've been seeing them air UFC footage for awhile now..

cool i guess
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Cuban got UFC on HDNET   Cuban got UFC on HDNET EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:29 pm

They've covered the last two UFC events with live footage. I thought maybe it was a one time thing because Reed Harris was on or something like that initially.

I've also thought I'd noticed HDnet becoming a lot colder towards Strikeforce.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Cuban got UFC on HDNET   Cuban got UFC on HDNET EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:35 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
They've covered the last two UFC events with live footage. I thought maybe it was a one time thing because Reed Harris was on or something like that initially.

I've also thought I'd noticed HDnet becoming a lot colder towards Strikeforce.

ha ha maybe! Sucks for them. As a Zuffa employee I love it! I MEAN....
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Cuban got UFC on HDNET   Cuban got UFC on HDNET EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 2:29 am

Maybe they've agreed to corner the market, with the UFC contributing to HDnet capturing the feeder system/local circut/not UFC niche.

I'd support whatever master plan lead to a system where the best fighters were always ultimately funneled to the UFC, but with a healthy developmental system where fighters can also make money.

- that is also easy to follow, and on HDnet.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Cuban got UFC on HDNET   Cuban got UFC on HDNET EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:34 am

I think this is great I like inside mma for the most part sometimes Kenny says some dumbass shit but I can deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Cuban got UFC on HDNET   Cuban got UFC on HDNET EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:25 pm

Kenny Rice is awful.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Cuban got UFC on HDNET   Cuban got UFC on HDNET EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Kenny Rice is awful.

Agree, love Bas, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cuban got UFC on HDNET   Cuban got UFC on HDNET Empty

Back to top Go down

Cuban got UFC on HDNET
Page 1 of 1