Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell

Go down 
+9
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
gomez1012
RUM CAPITAL
marbleheadmaui
Groundhog_Day
SlickMoneyXL
captainanddew
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell   Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:01 pm

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
showtime should offer bute some cash and face the winner of abraham-froch for 168 supremacy and then tell gayrell and ward to fuck off. everytime i see abarham punching direll on the ground it brings a smile to my face.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Droll.

but I kind of agree. Ward and Dirrell really didn't deserve to be in the tournament. They used it to get big money fights and exposure, now they are the two bitches who are trying to sabotage it.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell   Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:05 pm

BTW- Hershman gets big respect for how he is dealing with this. No 2 month postponement to allow the fighters to get maximum revenue. You have the orignal date, one or two weeks extension, or you get sued.
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell   Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:13 pm

Canvas wrote:
Groundhog_Day wrote:
I think Bute should fight Kessler after Kessler heals. I hope Bute steps up. With people dropping out of the tourny like this his list of potential good opponents at 168 grows. He better not find a way to wheedle out of fighting them. After all, he doesn't want to move up to fight Pascal in what could be a tremendously rich fight, electing to stay and try to become top gorilla-dog at 168.

It's clear that there are many wrenches being thrown into the tournament and that it won't be over anytime soon. Bute should start looking at the fighters coming off of the tournament.

Kessler is actually a very legit option because he is indeed coming off of a win, controversial or not.

I,m a fan of Bute. This is a fair comment.

If I'm Bute I'm getting as many slickster sparring partners and possible and might look into fighting some (are there any out there at 168 besides Ward, Dirrell, and Bute?).

Maybe he can look out of his division at Pirog and Campillo as possible opponents or sparring partners. The reason is he has the style to give any of the slower footed fighters (and there are a lot of them at 168) problems. He has vast experience fighting sloppy volume punchers and has shown he knows exactly how to dissect them.

Right now the threats to Bute are really not the cavemen who can possibly KO him, but the slickers who would run circles around him and outbox him.

I have mixed feelings about Bute. I can't say I'm a real fan yet.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell   Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:15 pm

how can you have mixed feelings about Bute?
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell   Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:56 am

I have a feeling one of these guys is going to say they're hurt. This is crazy talk not to fight. They both have families to feed and can both position themselves to be very rich men if they win this tournament. There are days when all of us would rather be doing something else. You're not always going to like your job. This seems to be one of those days. Its also not like they grew up together or are even from the same city.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell   Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Showtime have sent legal letters to Andre Ward and Andre Dirrell
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2