Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things

Go down 
+8
The Great One
CombatSports4Life
Thomasdrrn09
captain organic
EliteAcidBurn
NoRegret
Farmer1906
OU
12 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things Empty
PostSubject: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:37 pm

http://mmamania.com/2009/07/16/georges-st-pierre-thiago-alves-is-a-hiccup-class-act-and-a-real-professional/
“The [day after UFC 100] I went at a pool party at Rehab with all my friends who came to support me. I drank so much that I forgot my whole name. It was very cool because at one time, Thiago Alves showed up with his entourage and came in my booth (cabana) and drinking with me and congratulate me for the fight. I thought he was a class act and that prove that he was a real professional athlete and a real good person and a gentleman. John Fitch showed up as well, and we celebrate together our victories. Shonie Carter came a little bit later with a gold speedo and a hat and a cane dressed like a pimp with his cane. He make us laugh very much and as always me and Shonie had a great time because Shonie is a good old friend of mine. We had an amazing time at Rehab then I came back to my hotel…took a little nap of one hour and went back to a club at night called Body English at the Hard Rock Hotel. I drank so much that I couldn’t sleep at night. I took my plane the following Monday – when I got on the plane…I think I was still drunk. People who know me know that I can’t sleep on the plane, because I’m always afraid of flying, but the fact that I was drunk helped me out controlling my fear.”
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:41 pm

Does anyone else read that quote with GSP's accent?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:41 pm

eh?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:43 pm

I thought it was a pretty good story, Shonnie, Fitch and Alvez drinking
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:19 pm

I did read it with the french accent. If you didnt i suggest you all go back and do it. It makes the read soo much better.

Def seems like rehab is the place to be...go figure
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Damn, he drank so much he couldn't sleep!!!! I have no clue how drunk that is.

Also Alves both b4, and immediatley after, showed the utmost respect towards GSP.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:12 pm

This is what MMA is about. This makes me hate what lesnar did after the fight so much more.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:49 pm

Brock should seriously take notes.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 5:53 pm

I see Brock catching a lot flack and most of it is well deserved, but wasn't Mir being a little confrontational after getting his ass handed to him? I haven't watched the replay, but it looked to me that Mir was trying to get up and moving towards Brock.
Back to top Go down
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin, Lyoto Machida, GSP, Hendo, Hughes

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I see Brock catching a lot flack and most of it is well deserved, but wasn't Mir being a little confrontational after getting his ass handed to him? I haven't watched the replay, but it looked to me that Mir was trying to get up and moving towards Brock.

Yeah I seen that too, it looked like they had to be broken up again after the fight.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 5:59 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

He wasn't doing anything until brock walked up to him and started saying something as well as pointing his finger right in his face... it doesn't matter if you just got your ass kicked... you just don't bend over.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 8:47 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

He wasn't doing anything until brock walked up to him and started saying something as well as pointing his finger right in his face... it 't matter if you just got your ass kicked... you just don't bend over.

+1
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:22 am

I read it with GSP's accent too. He's such a class act, I don't know how anyone can dislike him.

On another note, I bet he pulls spectacular wool in Vegas after dominating a championship fight...
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:59 pm

I hairt my heep abb duct tear in da turd round
Back to top Go down
Mr. Coupon
White Belt
White Belt
Mr. Coupon

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anderson Silva, Ken-Flo, GSP

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 7:50 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Does anyone else read that quote with GSP's accent?

Lmao, I always read quotes with GSP's accent.

Sometimes when they aren't even his quotes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things   GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things Empty

Back to top Go down

GSP drinks with Alvez, says good things
Page 1 of 1