Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fighters you have grown to love or hate?

Go down 
+9
captain organic
Farmer1906
GDPofDRC
KingsOwn19
timthebim
oggy420
Andrew the Raider King
OU
SOKO
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Fighters you have grown to love or hate? Empty
PostSubject: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:00 am

First of all no disrespect to any of these fighters as they are the ones getting in the cage to entertain us.

Grown to hate:

-Was a fan of frank mir but as of late he is so confused and delusional about what he wants in the sport and continues to run his mouth over nonsense. Let the brock thing go and get focused again.

-Forrest griffin tends to to be a dick sometimes at the expos and etc, his whining and running from the octagon and all his pre fight " I dont think I have a chance bullshit wither its true or just they way he presents it. I still like the guy but not near as much a couple years ago.

-I actually kind of like bisping untill the hendo incident. He deserved every bit of it including the late elbow.

-Have not cared for BJ after all his bull shit excuses with the gsp fight etc.

-steve cantwell when he broke buddies arm and then had the nerve to tell Rogan thats what his plan was to do. Not professional by any means you fucking dirt bag. This is martial arts and not a bar fight.

Grown to love:

Diaz bros - they may act like punk bitches most of the time but love they way they taunt people and back it up.

Chael sonnen - He did what he said he was going to do and that was beat andersons ass for five rounds. Too bad he lost of course but he proved a point.

Chris leben - He will take any fight at any time and never makes excuses. He can be an idiot but fun to watch.

Clay guida - How in the fuck can you not like the guy

Brock lesnar - no love here but cant say I hate him like I did. He has proved to be a warrior and take the sport serious and is starting to show respect to the fans, the fighters, and the sport. No more wwe way to come around brock.

Stephan "kitchen sink" bonnar - Got to love his heart and determination and we wont talk about the jucie. same goes for leben lol.

could go on and on but thats a few so who do you guys got?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:24 am

besides the obvious guys like Tito,Brock and Spider that I have expressed hate for and the guys that I have expressed loved for like Chuck,Diaz bros,Wandy, CC,Ace and Randy.

grown to hate:
Chael Sonnen- Pumping a fight is one thing, but just making shit up and saying whatever off the wall shit you can think of just to get attention is crossing the line. I was not entertained and was just annoyed the whole time.

Ben Askren- I think the guy is just an asshole who needs a good beating. Not a fan of him in or out of the cage. Reminds me of Kos, a guy I want to see get punched in his cocksucker.

I'd have to think about others. I have always hated guys like Bisping and Kos.

grown to love:
JDS- has to be my favorite HW these days, love his style of fighting.

Hector Lombard- Even though his recent competition is weak I still enjoy watching his early KOs and look forward to seeing him more in the future.

those are a couple new guys that I can think of off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Chris Leben - I used to hate the guy, but his slow maturity and tough fighting style have really impressed me as of late.

King Mo Lawal - I used to think he was kinda cool, but he doesn't shut up. Drives me crazy.

Kimbo - Used to hate, not I respect him. No he isn't a great fighter, but he is worthy of respect

A. Silva - Because up until recently, he did treat the media and the fans like shit. Yeah Sonnen is an asshole, but he is my kind of asshole. Silva is a major douchebag.

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:37 pm

well all the fighters i like are guys i've grown to like overtime soo....

love - Nick Diaz, Demian Maia, Nate Diaz, Chuck, Randy, Frankie Edgar, Wand, Stephan Bonnar, the Miller bro's, Leben, Hendo, Fedor, Anderson, JDS, Machida to an extent

Hate- hmm, dont hate too many guys. I really dislike Chael. Guys just babbles to hear his own nonsense. Hell of a fighter though. Not a huge matt hughes fan.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Grown to hate GSP and grown to love Rashad Evans.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Hate-

Kimbo Slice- I used to like him when he was a backyard brawler. I hated him when he was a backyard brawler carrying the tag of professional MMA fighter, he was the center of the first real boxing-esque corruption in MMA and getting special treatment on TuF. When guys have injuries and back out of fights people call them pussies and Dana gets in their shit. Kimbo did the same thing the whole season while yapping about how much he could not wait to bang again. Pfft. Earning respect? Oh dear. When guys get absolutely clowned in these the 1st round of exhibition fights and don't advance people don't care about them, it's like they never existed. Yet Kimbo earned respect AND a contract? Fuck! Every decent MMA fan hated, or atleast should have hated Kimbo in MMA...it's just when the UFC machine gets behind something even as pathetic as Kimbo Slice(MMA fighter) those chips in peoples heads activate and they see something where theres nothing.

Lets see...

Houston Alexander...for taking the money to drop the fight to Kimbo.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Grown to hate:

Rashad Evans - used to be impartial to him, there are a lot of arrogant fighters, but his seems to rub me the wrong way.

Chael Sonnen - Same arrogant thing. Pro's don't talk shit like that, punks do.

Diego Sanchez - I used to root for him. The more I would hear or see from him the more I knew he was an idiot and undeserving of me as a fan, I do actively root against him now.

Grown to not like:

Forrest Griffin - I liked him okay a few years back, but that wore off. I don't hate him though.

Brandon Vera - I used to think he might be a guy that one day I could get behind, that day gets further away every time I see or read about him, in or out of the cage. I don't hate the guy but am far far away from liking him.

Grown to not hate:

Josh Koschek - I used to hate him with the venom. His work ethic and willingness to just fight makes me not hate him anymore, but I won't say I like him. Diaz's would be here to but I can't get past my annoyance of their seemingly constant shtick.

Matt Hughes - Used to dislike him for the smug pollution he exudes. I don't have hate for the guy though the past several years. Hard to explain why, respect toppled the dislike finally perhaps.

Grown to like:

Mark Munoz - Comes across like a solid character guy and I've been told as much by his former opponents. I find myself rooting for this guy to improve and make some waves.

George Sotiropilous - The styles he throws while fighting are awesome I think. Just solid. No reason for me to think negatively of him at all.

Roger Huerta - Amirite?

Alan Belchar - It's tough not to like his attitude and enthusiasm about fighting. A real shame about his eye.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:27 pm

I've grown to love Frankie Edgar for overcoming the odds against BJ Penn.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Grown to hate

-Jones: He seemed humble, wise beyond his year, and had all the potential in the world, but now he just seems like an arrogant shit talking baby thats ducking Rashad.

Grown to like

-Sonnen: He was the delusional nut job that over ratted himself. He morphed into a shit talking killing machine nut job that was seconds from knocking off one of the greatest fighters in the world. He's lost some luster with roids and law problems, but I'm eagerly watching still.

Grown to love

-Showtime: I didn't think that much of him watching him in the WEC. He was just another pretty good LW in the WEC, but since I saw him on Jenks & tear through some very good WEC LWs he's made me a fan. I can also respect taking a tough fight vs Guida instead of waiting around for a title shot (see Rashad)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Grown to love Mayhem Miller, the dude is hysterical.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 6:15 pm

Opposite of Farmer

Grown to Love Jones: Dude's latest streak starting with Hamill is as Nasty as I've ever seen. Scared of Shad? Jones is the one that made the fight possible. His shit talk pales in comparison to most. He is still a kid, so it would be fair to expect much worse in terms of immaturity. the dislike that has been aimed at him is bizarro imo.

grown to hate: Chael. Dude talks non-stop gobilty guck. was never exactly an exciting fighter, has never finished an opponent in the UFC or WEC. always prone to subs. Steroids. Mortgage fraud. blatant lies. taps and then says he didn't. hate this guy.

And on my own here.

Grown to like Shlemenko. Dude wants nothing else but to stand and bang, and does it with back fist spinning flair. Has shown a great chin, heart and a solid gas tank.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:29 pm

I have actually grown to love Josh Koscheck.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:04 pm

timthebim wrote:

I don't see how anyone who has watched either of the 2 TUF seasons he's been on and say they love Kos.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

I don't see how anyone who has watched either of the 2 TUF seasons he's been on and say they love Kos.

I think he does a good job at starting shit and makeing people want to see him and every time he fights I want to definitely see him.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Grown to love: Nick Diaz...still think he's a dumbass but the dude's fights kick ass. I hope he takes out GSP

Grown to hate: Bones...have stated reasons before. He has that whole Anderson fake humble, egomaniac thing going on

Maynard: Cardboard personality. Also still haven't gotten over him not being ready for a title shot when BJ was champ but then without even fighting was instantly ready as soon as Edgar beat BJ lmao
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:09 pm

So like you were a fan or weren't a fan and then switched?

Love - Reem

Hate - Bones

Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Grown to hate Lesnar, his rant at UFC 100, his coaching skills in TUF, feel for the guy about his health but not a fan

Kos- I was actually warming up to him till his stint on tuf, if you are going to talk that much shit back it up

Matt Hughes- dude seems like a pompous arrogant prick, and his treatment of GSP on tuf was deplorable

Leaning towards hating

Jones- all the talent in the world, don't know what to believe about this kid, I will give it to him that he is young, and I don't think he is ducking Rashad, legit injury and he let his manager mismanage the whole thing, tell us to be patient though the fight will happen makes me doubt the true animosity of it all

Mir if he can't back up his bold talk against Nelson
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:37 pm

cascade_run wrote:
Grown to hate Lesnar, his rant at UFC 100, his coaching skills in TUF, feel for the guy about his health but not a fan

Kos- I was actually warming up to him till his stint on tuf, if you are going to talk that much shit back it up

Matt Hughes- dude seems like a pompous arrogant prick, and his treatment of GSP on tuf was deplorable

Leaning towards hating

Jones- all the talent in the world, don't know what to believe about this kid, I will give it to him that he is young, and I don't think he is ducking Rashad, legit injury and he let his manager mismanage the whole thing, tell us to be patient though the fight will happen makes me doubt the true animosity of it all

You base all your hate for fighters, on a MMA themed soap opera?... palm
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:46 am

jewzilla wrote:
cascade_run wrote:

Leaning towards hating

You base all your hate for fighters, on a MMA themed soap opera?... palm

Apparently so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighters you have grown to love or hate?   Fighters you have grown to love or hate? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighters you have grown to love or hate?
Page 1 of 1