Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER

Go down 
+4
SOKO
WinstonSmith
marbleheadmaui
Birdofthad
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER Empty
PostSubject: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:30 am

holy shit its like HD

Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:23 am

THAT was astonishing. Good Lord what a puncher. Watching that I was thinking "How did Louis never kill a man?" I suspect the answer was nobody could take a sustained beating from him. Once they got hurt the game was up.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:33 am

Unlike most of today's fighters Louis generated his power from tremendous leverage.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:42 am

WinstonSmith wrote:
Unlike most of today's fighters Louis generated his power from tremendous leverage.

See Uzcudun (I think) do a 360 on the way down?
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:44 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

I remember Godoy taking the best Louis had to offer and going after Louis after the fight was stopped.He was one tough dude.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:48 am

WinstonSmith wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

I remember Godoy taking the best Louis had to offer and going after Louis after the fight was stopped.He was one tough dude.

Yup. One thing that is amazing about Louis is he became the first guy to stop 5-6 different guys who were long established and had never been stopped. Guys who finished a fight with Louis on their feet were serious business.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:28 am

great shit bird. Im sure it took some work to clean up the video like that. Nice
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:13 am

My GOD that's impressive video! It's too bad more quality film like that isn't around of old-time fighters. In some of the lower quality stuff it's hard to appreciate how good these guys were.

You can almost feel the shots from Louis in some of those clips. JEEZUS that man could punch Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:57 pm

i know this vid blew me outta my chair when i found it

mrble that 360 punch is NUTS
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:07 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
My GOD that's impressive video! It's too bad more quality film like that isn't around of old-time fighters. In some of the lower quality stuff it's hard to appreciate how good these guys were.

You can almost feel the shots from Louis in some of those clips. JEEZUS that man could punch Exclamation

Somebody around here one time said it exactly right. Louis LIQUIFIED men when he hit them.

This video may be good enough that the Tyson fanatics can look at it and say "Oh, THAT'S why they talk about Louis punching that way."
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:17 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:

Somebody around here one time said it exactly right. Louis LIQUIFIED men when he hit them.

This video may be good enough that the Tyson fanatics can look at it and say "Oh, THAT'S why they talk about Louis punching that way."

Yup. And the really impressive part is how he's setting these guy up. There are lot of clips of big KOs from guys like Tyson pressing and swinging away with haymakers; but just watching Louis step with his man and time the right perfectly is a thing of beauty.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:

Yup. And the really impressive part is how he's setting these guy up. There are lot of clips of big KOs from guys like Tyson pressing and swinging away with haymakers; but just watching Louis step with his man and time the right perfectly is a thing of beauty.

The impression Louis leaves is he is perfectly positioned to throw another combination right away if the guy doesn't fall down. The violence, as violent as it is, remains controlled.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:35 pm

Bump so everyone sees this remarkable footage.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:12 pm

glad you guys ennjoyed just drove back to dtown so been away for most of the day
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
glad you guys ennjoyed just drove back to dtown so been away for most of the day

I think you oughtta make a sticky category for truly extraordinary footage like this that we can add too from time to time as we find things.
Back to top Go down
nano212
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
nano212

Favorite Fighter(s) : JMM, Rafaell Marquez, Pac and David Haye

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:57 pm

The shot at 2:21 is like a cobra striking! His left hand just pawing then BOOM!! Beautiful stuff!
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 9:14 pm

nano212 wrote:
The shot at 2:21 is like a cobra striking! His left hand just pawing then BOOM!! Beautiful stuff!

The end of Mr. Schmeling.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:45 am

good idea on the sticky marble i will do so tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:16 am

just imagine if the war doesnt happen he has 30 + defenses EASY
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 4:50 am

Birdofthad wrote:
just imagine if the war doesnt happen he has 30 + defenses EASY

Yup. And guys like Lem Franklin and Melio Bettina and Jimmy Bivins and Curtis Sheppard and Elmer Ray get shots after all.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 1:01 pm

One of the many things I liked about Joe Louis, was how he rarely wasted punches, he usually made them all count. Nice find Bird, this video shows that Louis wasn't the undisputed Heavyweight Champion for 12 years by accident, he was incredibly good at his craft.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:22 am

completely agree ring

and marble who was it that beat Bivins and Les Masavoich or whatever??

Ezzard Charles?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:26 am

Birdofthad wrote:
completely agree ring

and marble who was it that beat Bivins and Les Masavoich or whatever??

Ezzard Charles?

You mean Gus Lesnevich?

Ezzard beat Bivins several times and beat Lesnevich when Gus was at the very end.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:38 am

ya Gus lesnevich thats who i was talking about

thanks was positive it was Charles but figured i may be wrong

I think prime Louis beats Ezzard rather easily
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:42 am

The man came to fight, not just to survive. Somebody show this to the brothers Klitschko.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER   Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER Empty

Back to top Go down

Clearest Joe Louis Video EVER
Page 1 of 1