Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

As if true MMA followers need anymore proof

Go down 
+5
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
chorky777
mannyfresh
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mannyfresh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Royce

As if true MMA followers need anymore proof Empty
PostSubject: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:26 am

Mousasi has that fedor stare and that business like look in his fight. It really really reminded me of fedor. Since the mir fight with brock part of me(very small part) has been telling me maybe brock has a chance. Watching Mousasi is just a reminder of what Fedor is all about. He would stomp brock. I know im kinda rambling blame it on the alcohal.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:19 am

How exactly does somebody stomp Brock? He's got like a 50 lb. advantage. If Brock wants to take somebody down, he does it. No matter how good Mousasi is, Brock will always be able to take Fedor down, lol.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:55 am

chorky777 wrote:
How exactly does somebody stomp Brock? He's got like a 50 lb. advantage. If Brock wants to take somebody down, he does it. No matter how good Mousasi is, Brock will always be able to take Fedor down, lol.

Agreed I dont know how watching Mousasi beat an over the hill Babalu makes u think Fedor could stomp Brock. It actually does nothing to even make me think of Fedor vs Brock. Fedor would be the favorite in the fight but to say he would stomp Brock u must be hammered lol far past drunk.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:56 am

Brock may be able to get Fedor down, but could he hold him there, and what happens even if he could, would he want to deal with Fedor's subs and GNP?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:57 am

Babalu wasn't over the hill at all. His game looked better than ever and he's been on good win streak. Soon as someone loses, they're "over the hill".
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Babalu wasn't over the hill at all. His game looked better than ever and he's been on good win streak. Soon as someone loses, they're "over the hill".

Babalu in my book has been a shot fighter for a couple years. He beats Bobby Southworth or whoever it was to win a title and at the sudden he isnt a old fighter. No body thought he would win last night and to be honest I dont think he beats any1 close to top 10 anymore. Normally we agree but not this time Wolf.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:42 pm

What the fuck, how is he a shot fighter? His striking is looking much better and he's had two wins over top 25 fighters since he left the UFC.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:43 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Brock may be able to get Fedor down, but could he hold him there, and what happens even if he could, would he want to deal with Fedor's subs and GNP?

Well, he wouldn't have to worry about gnp because Fedor's never gonna be on top of Brock. As for subs, I think Frank Mir is a better submission artist than Fedor, and Brock did just fine with him at 100.
Back to top Go down
mannyfresh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:51 pm

mannyfresh wrote:
Mousasi has that fedor stare and that business like look in his fight. It really really reminded me of fedor. Since the mir fight with brock part of me(very small part) has been telling me maybe brock has a chance. Watching Mousasi is just a reminder of what Fedor is all about. He would stomp brock. I know im kinda rambling blame it on the alcohal.

I was drunk guys. Im reading this now shaking my head like wtf. Drinking and posting at the same time should probly be against the rules for noob-light weights like me. Part of me wants to delete this thread and part of me feels I deserve what I get lol.
Back to top Go down
mannyfresh
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:53 pm

BUT i would like to clarify I think Fedor would handle Brock, maybe not EASY but I see him winning that fight. I am just not sure what exactly I was talking about with Mousasi winning translating into fedor beating brock easy.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:54 pm

mannyfresh wrote:
mannyfresh wrote:

I was drunk guys. Im reading this now shaking my head like wtf. Drinking and posting at the same time should probly be against the rules for noob-light weights like me. Part of me wants to delete this thread and part of me feels I deserve what I get lol.

At least it's kind of funny to read. Seeing you connect Mousasi's dominance to Fedor vs. Brock is entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:58 pm

chorky777 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Well, he wouldn't have to worry about gnp because Fedor's never gonna be on top of Brock. As for subs, I think Frank Mir is a better submission artist than Fedor, and Brock did just fine with him at 100.

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha you're a fucking joke.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
chorky777 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha you're a fucking joke.

Yeah, cuz let me tell you how great Fedor is at getting on top of 280 lb. freak of nature champion wrestlers to work his ground and pound. Clearly Fedor's best shot at beating Brock is to try to take him down and get on top of him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:06 pm

I was more laughing at that stupid ass Frank Mir assbabble. You're kind of a retard bro. I'm done being nice. Get lost faggot.

Frank Mir praise = don't know dick about MMA. That guy is so overrated it's not even funny. He has one legit top ten win in his entire career and that was over a much greener oaf Tim. But he's a better submission artist than fucking FEDOR who has been subbing the best on the regular for years and years. Get the fuck out of here.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:06 pm

Back to ESPN loser.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:11 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I was more laughing at that stupid ass Frank Mir assbabble. You're kind of a retard bro. I'm done being nice. Get lost faggot.

Frank Mir praise = don't know dick about MMA. That guy is so overrated it's not even funny. He has one legit top ten win in his entire career and that was over a much greener oaf Tim. But he's a better submission artist than fucking FEDOR who has been subbing the best on the regular for years and years. Get the fuck out of here.

Yeah, Fedor submits the greats. You're right. I'm talking about one aspect of the game that Frank Mir is clearly better at than Fedor. Fedor would probably admit that Frank Mir is more versed in submissions than he is. I didn't say Mir was a better fighter. I didn't even say Lesnar was a better fighter. And you also forgot about Mir's wins over Brock and Nog. Both of whom are consensus top 10.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Brock wasn't a top ten fighter then, and Nog was a walking corpse. Brock was a rookie and completely erased that win.

What aspect is Mir better than Fedor at?
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Brock wasn't a top ten fighter then, and Nog was a walking corpse. Brock was a rookie and completely erased that win.

What aspect is Mir better than Fedor at?

Submissions. I said that. He's a better submission artist. I didn't think that would be debated, but apparently...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:22 pm

What the fuck makes you think he's better at submissions?

How the fuck long have you been watching MMA, and be real with us dude? You're either a complete noob or the type of UFC homer we specifically came here to escape. Back to espn. Now.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
What the fuck makes you think he's better at submissions?

How the fuck long have you been watching MMA, and be real with us dude? You're either a complete noob or the type of UFC homer we specifically came here to escape. Back to espn. Now.

You're clearly a UFC hater who can't see past your Fedor blinders. How can you even argue this point?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:41 pm

How many Pride fights did you watch when they happened, curious?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:46 pm

As far a straight BJJ Mir probably has a slight edge over Fedor. That is a knock on Fedor, Mir is just good at what he does. The same can be said about Werdum and probably Nog. That doesn't mean crap in an MMA match though because Fedor's sambo and GnP would take his ground game to another level.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:49 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
How many Pride fights did you watch when they happened, curious?

What does that have to do with anything? I've seen tons of Pride fights since they've happened. That hardly has anything to do with Frank Mir's or Fedor's submission abilities.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
As far a straight BJJ Mir probably has a slight edge over Fedor. That is a knock on Fedor, Mir is just good at what he does. The same can be said about Werdum and probably Nog. That doesn't mean crap in an MMA match though because Fedor's sambo and GnP would take his ground game to another level.

Agreed. That's what I've been trying to say. I never claimed that Mir was a better fighter than Fedor. Just that Lesnar had to worry about his submissions as much or more than he would have to with Fedor.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:54 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Fedor doesn't even do BJJ...

Fedor IMO has better subs than Mir and has submitted better opponents. I would love to see Mir submit HMC from off his back.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As if true MMA followers need anymore proof   As if true MMA followers need anymore proof Empty

Back to top Go down

As if true MMA followers need anymore proof
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next