Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]
 
Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Shame on Bute and Interbox

Go down 
+3
SlickMoneyXL
marbleheadmaui
Canvas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt



Posts : 1508
Join date : 2010-05-15

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:08 pm

It appears Interbox wants to avoid matching Bute with Pascal for the time being:

"I want to stay at 168 pounds, I still have work to do at this weight," said Bute, who holds the IBF super-middleweight world title and returns to the ring Oct. 15 vs. mandatory challenger Jesse Brinkley. "When I move up to 175 pounds, I want to do it for good."


Bedard believes that by waiting, the event will help turn the affair from a local grudge match into a full-blown international affair worthy of the world's attention. "We're just starting to get popular in the States and nobody really knew about Jean Pascal before last Saturday. If we wait and we're smart, we can do this on the world level."



Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Bute+Pascal+fight+would+Canada+Frazier+Agent/3426597/story.html#ixzz0xM5pzWic

I'm very disappointed by this
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Bute is a moron, he's got an opportunity to make a ridiculous amount of money and win the lineal Light Heavyweight crown, he needs to strike while the iron is hot otherwise Dawson will reclaim the title in the rematch.

And anyway it's not like Super Middleweight has alot going on just now, most of the top guys will be locked in the tournament until summer next year.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui


Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:15 pm

So let me get this straight. A guy says he wants to clean out the division he's in instead of moving up and that's a BAD thing?

Geeze. Go Get'em Lucian!
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt



Posts : 1508
Join date : 2010-05-15

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:19 pm

They are both roughly the same size. Make the fight at 171 or 172 and return to 168 afterwards. Bute enters the ring at 185+ anyways. You don't kill massive event-fights with BS excuses.

If either of them loses in the interim- the fight becomes smaller. GYM wants the fight.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:21 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
So let me get this straight. A guy says he wants to clean out the division he's in instead of moving up and that's a BAD thing?

Geeze. Go Get'em Lucian!

Marble you're failing to see the picture here.

Bute isn't cleaning the division anytime soon because alot of the top guys are locked up in a tournament for another year.

if Lucian passes on this fight he'll miss the opportunity to participate in a Canadian mega fight and capture the Light Heavyweight crown.

Nobody is asking him too leave Super Middleweight, he can easily come back down or meet the Super Six winner at a catchweight.

BTW Bute has been offered fights against other top Super Middleweights before and turned them down, so I highly doubt he'll attempt to clean out the division.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui


Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Canvas wrote:
They are both roughly the same size. Make the fight at 171 or 172 and return to 168 afterwards. Bute enters the ring at 185+ anyways. You don't kill massive event-fights with BS excuses.

If either of them loses in the interim- the fight becomes smaller. GYM wants the fight.

I couldn't care less about the money. As far as the sport goes I LOVE a guy who wants to clean out a division!

Go Get'em Lucian!
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui


Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
So let me get this straight. A guy says he wants to clean out the division he's in instead of moving up and that's a BAD thing?

Geeze. Go Get'em Lucian!

Marble you're failing to see the picture here.

Bute isn't cleaning the division anytime soon because alot of the top guys are locked up in a tournament for another year.

if Lucian passes on this fight he'll miss the opportunity to participate in a Canadian mega fight and capture the Light Heavyweight crown.

Nobody is asking him too leave Super Middleweight, he can easily come back down or meet the Super Six winner at a catchweight.

BTW Bute has been offered fights against other top Super Middleweights before and turned them down, so I highly doubt he'll attempt to clean out the division.

Jean Pascal cannot possibly be part of a "mega-fight." The light heavy crown will ALWAYS be there if he keeps dominating at 168. Going up and down in weight in an inherently bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Sure because it harmed Martinez right ???

Bute can meet Pascal at a catchweight, nothing is at Super Middleweight for Bute right now.

Pascal vs Bute is a mega fight in Canada !!

He's got the chance to add to his legacy and make alot of money, if he waits then that payday could disappear, Cloud and Dawson won't bring the same amount to the table as Pascal will.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:42 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Canvas wrote:
They are both roughly the same size. Make the fight at 171 or 172 and return to 168 afterwards. Bute enters the ring at 185+ anyways. You don't kill massive event-fights with BS excuses.

If either of them loses in the interim- the fight becomes smaller. GYM wants the fight.

I couldn't care less about the money. As far as the sport goes I LOVE a guy who wants to clean out a division!

Go Get'em Lucian!

If Bute really wanted to clean out the division he would have done everything in his power to participate in the Super Six !!!!!
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui


Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Sure because it harmed Martinez right ???

Bute can meet Pascal at a catchweight, nothing is at Super Middleweight for Bute right now.

Pascal vs Bute is a mega fight in Canada !!

He's got the chance to add to his legacy and make alot of money, if he waits then that payday could disappear, Cloud and Dawson won't bring the same amount to the table as Pascal will.

Are you really going to try to argue yo-yoing weight isn't harmful?????????

A "megafight in Canada" is like arguing over the biggest midget. Save that term for Hagler-Hearns or Leonard-Duran or Manny-Floyd please.

The payday NEVER dissappears as long as he is successful at 168. He sells out the only available stadium all by himself anyway.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui


Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:45 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Canvas wrote:
They are both roughly the same size. Make the fight at 171 or 172 and return to 168 afterwards. Bute enters the ring at 185+ anyways. You don't kill massive event-fights with BS excuses.

If either of them loses in the interim- the fight becomes smaller. GYM wants the fight.

I couldn't care less about the money. As far as the sport goes I LOVE a guy who wants to clean out a division!

Go Get'em Lucian!

If Bute really wanted to clean out the division he would have done everything in his power to participate in the Super Six !!!!!

Nah, he wasn't the proven entity yet. He didn't have a hammer to drop on Showtime.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt



Posts : 1508
Join date : 2010-05-15

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:46 pm

He wasn't invited to the Super 6 - Hershman wanted 3 Americans.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Canvas wrote:
He wasn't invited to the Super 6 - Hershman wanted 3 Americans.

Bute could have asked to replace Jermain Taylor, if he's that set on cleaning out the division he would've enquired about being able to enter the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:52 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Sure because it harmed Martinez right ???

Bute can meet Pascal at a catchweight, nothing is at Super Middleweight for Bute right now.

Pascal vs Bute is a mega fight in Canada !!

He's got the chance to add to his legacy and make alot of money, if he waits then that payday could disappear, Cloud and Dawson won't bring the same amount to the table as Pascal will.

Are you really going to try to argue yo-yoing weight isn't harmful?????????

A "megafight in Canada" is like arguing over the biggest midget. Save that term for Hagler-Hearns or Leonard-Duran or Manny-Floyd please.

The payday NEVER dissappears as long as he is successful at 168. He sells out the only available stadium all by himself anyway.

One trip to Light Heavyweight or a catchweight for a lucrative fight isn't going to harm his body, boxers have been doing it for years. Just look at Marquez, he made his money at Welterweight than dropped back down to Lightweight no problem.

No I won't sorry Pascal vs Bute is a mega fight in Canada.

That payday will disappear if Pascal loses to Hopkins,Dawson or Cloud.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL


Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero
Posts : 1105
Join date : 2010-05-13
Age : 35
Location : Newburgh, NY

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Beating Brinkley, Bum A, and Bum B is not cleaning out the division.

Strike while the iron is hot. Pascal vs Bute should happen next.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui


Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad
Posts : 4040
Join date : 2010-05-16

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Sure because it harmed Martinez right ???

Bute can meet Pascal at a catchweight, nothing is at Super Middleweight for Bute right now.

Pascal vs Bute is a mega fight in Canada !!

He's got the chance to add to his legacy and make alot of money, if he waits then that payday could disappear, Cloud and Dawson won't bring the same amount to the table as Pascal will.

Are you really going to try to argue yo-yoing weight isn't harmful?????????

A "megafight in Canada" is like arguing over the biggest midget. Save that term for Hagler-Hearns or Leonard-Duran or Manny-Floyd please.

The payday NEVER dissappears as long as he is successful at 168. He sells out the only available stadium all by himself anyway.

One trip to Light Heavyweight or a catchweight for a lucrative fight isn't going to harm his body, boxers have been doing it for years. Just look at Marquez, he made his money at Welterweight than dropped back down to Lightweight no problem.

No I won't sorry Pascal vs Bute is a mega fight in Canada.

That payday will disappear if Pascal loses to Hopkins,Dawson or Cloud.

Wait a minute, a CATCHWEIGHT? Who are you and wht have you done with Ali?

How can it be a megafight when one guy already sells out the stadium without the other?

The payday NEVER dissappears. Bute can do it all by himself.
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL


Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez
Posts : 770
Join date : 2010-07-10
Location : Massachusetts

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:15 pm

i agree with his intentions on cleaning out the division. the only problem is everyone else is booked for another year. the only other names in that class are andrade, miranda, brinkely and he has beaten two of those already and is facing the other one in oct 15th. if he does stay at 168 the only logical thing would be KELLY PAVLIK who just moved up. the problem is will kelly take the fight.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408


Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz
Posts : 588
Join date : 2010-05-21
Age : 33
Location : Gilroy, CA

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Lets face it, Butes not fighitng Pascal because he knows thats a very dangerous fight. I agree with Ali (all besides that catch up weight comment).

The Ring Magazine continues to insult Ward by putting him behind Bute in the SMW rankings. Beating Librado Andrade twice, and Bika does not make you the best SMW. Dominating Miranda, Green and Kessler does. Lets not forget Kessler was the #1 guy and even redeemed himself by beating Froch.

Bute is a bum beater, plain and simple. He struggled with the mediocre Andrade (a guy Kessler easily beat) and had some trouble with the Super 6 punching bag Miranda. Butes next opponent will most likely be Mendy after hes done with Brinkley (WW Alfonso Gomez beat him). Mendy is only getting the madatory shot because Bika accidently hit Mendy when he was on the ground. By the way it was going, Mendy wasnt going to make it out of the 1st.

Bute is overrated and undeserving of his ranking. He is looking for easy fights and holding his title hostage to milk it for everything its worth. The guy isnt looking to clean anything out as Marble suggests.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt



Posts : 1508
Join date : 2010-05-15

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 3:32 am

Who do you suggest Bute fight at 168 ? Sorry, you went a bit overboard. Bute is an excellent fighter.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:45 am

The only 168lb fight for Bute that is slightly interesting would be Kelly Pavlik.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06


Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali
Posts : 357
Join date : 2010-08-18
Location : Ottawa, Canada

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:47 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Sure because it harmed Martinez right ???

Bute can meet Pascal at a catchweight, nothing is at Super Middleweight for Bute right now.

Pascal vs Bute is a mega fight in Canada !!

He's got the chance to add to his legacy and make alot of money, if he waits then that payday could disappear, Cloud and Dawson won't bring the same amount to the table as Pascal will.

Are you really going to try to argue yo-yoing weight isn't harmful?????????

A "megafight in Canada" is like arguing over the biggest midget. Save that term for Hagler-Hearns or Leonard-Duran or Manny-Floyd please.

The payday NEVER dissappears as long as he is successful at 168. He sells out the only available stadium all by himself anyway.

Come on now Marble - you know Canada, especially Montreal, has been a huge fight town for a while now. So, yes, "mega-fight" and "Canada" are not mutually exclusive terms. Or did you forget that Leonard-Duran was in Montreal?!

To qualify that, I agree that Bute and Pascal are nowhere near the level of those other fighters in terms of talent; but as an event, I still say that would be a "mega-fight".
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt



Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns
Posts : 2946
Join date : 2010-05-22
Age : 45
Location : Richmond, Virginia

Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:09 pm

Jack Loew's thoughts:

Kelly, Bute wants to fight Kelly. That is a good fight for us. All Kelly has to do is double the fucking jab.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shame on Bute and Interbox   Shame on Bute and Interbox Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Shame on Bute and Interbox
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Showtime refusing to make Bute vs. Froch unless Bute signs extension
» What a shame..
» Shame Mosley
» bute vs pavlik
» Bute-Andrade rematch set for Nov. 28

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Fight Discussion :: Boxing-
Jump to: