Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cedar Point

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:12 pm

How many of you guys have been there? I just went yesterday for the first time in a couple years and absolutely loved it...there werent very many lines at all since alotta kids started back up in school and what not...and they have THE BEST roller coasters as a whole, on the planet.

It was still fairly busy yesterday, but not like it is during the peak season.

Just wondering if anyone else on here has ever been there, and what their favorite rides are.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:53 pm

My sister and her family live in Cleveland. I've been up to Cedar Point a couple of times but not in about 7 years or so. It does have the best coasters. Absolutely amazing.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:58 pm

captainanddew wrote:
My sister and her family live in Cleveland. I've been up to Cedar Point a couple of times but not in about 7 years or so. It does have the best coasters. Absolutely amazing.

Dude, you gotta go back lol. They've added so many awesome rides in the last 5 years its been insane.

Did you get to ride the Millenium Force when you went?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:15 pm

I go atleast once a year. Maverick is definitely my favorite ride there. Still pissed they took out Demon Drop though. That was a classic. They should have gotten rid of Tower of Power or whatever it is which is absolutely worthless
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:29 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I go atleast once a year. Maverick is definitely my favorite ride there. Still pissed they took out Demon Drop though. That was a classic. They should have gotten rid of Tower of Power or whatever it is which is absolutely worthless

Yeah, the Maverick is the newest coaster, they just started that one up in 2007. I love that coaster too, but its only my 3rd favorite.

My favorite is by far the top thrill dragster, and my second favorite is the millenium force.

Yesterday, me and my buddies rode the top thrill dragster 3 times, the millenium force 3 times, the maverick 3 times, the magnum once, the mean streak once, the iron dragon once, the power tower once, and max air once.

I still like the power tower, that could be because I never rode the demon drop...but who knows lol.

Yesterday it was perfect...no line was longer than 35-40 minutes. It was amazing.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Power Tower just doesn't do anything for me because we have Drop Zone here in Cincy at Kings Island which is the tallest one of those in the country at 315 ft and its just a straight freefall so its like a kids ride almost when I get on that one. Top Thrill is awesome but I find that after you ride it a couple times it starts to lose its magic. Every year though the first time you ride it its incredible

Cedar Point 450px-Drop_Tower_3
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:42 pm

Yeah, yesterday was my first ever time on a ride like the Power Tower, so thats why it did the trick for me.

I could ride Top Thrill all day and it wouldnt lose its luster. I just love seeing the scared people in line its hilarious. And when I get on im just screaming "WOOOHOOO!" like a redneck over and over until the ride is over hahahaha
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 3:45 pm

I've done the Millenium Force. It was beast.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:22 pm

I still love the Magnum probably because thats what i grew up on. I havent been in like 3 years now but is Soak City still next door to Cedar Point??
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:25 pm

timthebim wrote:
I still love the Magnum probably because thats what i grew up on. I havent been in like 3 years now but is Soak City still next door to Cedar Point??

Yep, Soak City is still next door.

Yeah, the Magnum is great. I only had to wait 5 minutes in line yesterday to ride that lol it was awesome.

I like the one tunnel you go through where you cant see anything and there's this suddne dropoff in it lol that was great.

If you like the Magnum, you would absolutely LOVE The Millenium Force...its the same ride, except the millenium is newer, smoother, bigger, longer, and faster.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:27 pm

NoRegret wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Yeah, the Magnum is great. I only had to wait 5 minutes in line yesterday to ride that lol it was awesome.

I like the one tunnel you go through where you cant see anything and there's this suddne dropoff in it lol that was great.

If you like the Magnum, you would absolutely LOVE The Millenium Force...its the same ride, except the millenium is newer, smoother, bigger, longer, and faster.

Then i would definitely love it.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:28 pm

captainanddew wrote:

Oh I know man, I love that coaster. IT is so well put together...like when you're coming down the slopes and around turns and shit you think you're gonna hit your head on the pipes and shit connecting the coaster lol its great.

We rode that one right before closing in the pitch black which made the 300+ foot drop amazing lol

We also rode the Maverick at night time, and riding that ride at night was probably one of the coolest experiences I had.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:30 pm

timthebim wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Then i would definitely love it.

Yeah, you have like a 330 foot drop or something on the millenium force @ 93 mph into an 80 degree turn...its fuckin awesome...that ride is tits man lol

Top Thrill is my favorite bar none though...shooting 0-120 mph in under 4 seconds up 420 feet and then back down at 120 mph again....its amazing lol
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:30 pm

NoRegret wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Oh I know man, I love that coaster. IT is so well put together...like when you're coming down the slopes and around turns and shit you think you're gonna hit your head on the pipes and shit connecting the coaster lol its great.

We rode that one right before closing in the pitch black which made the 300+ foot drop amazing lol

We also rode the Maverick at night time, and riding that ride at night was probably one of the coolest experiences I had.

Yeah riding the rides at night is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cedar Point Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cedar Point   Cedar Point Empty

Back to top Go down

Cedar Point
Page 1 of 1