Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sherdog's New Rankings

Go down 
+4
captain organic
Wolfgangsta
Farmer1906
Ninja
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Sherdog's New Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Sherdog's New Rankings   Sherdog's New Rankings EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:46 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog's New Rankings   Sherdog's New Rankings EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:52 pm

How in the hell is Wand still ranked in the top 10????
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog's New Rankings   Sherdog's New Rankings EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:20 pm

I donno, but in his last three fights he annihilated Keith Jardine, hung in there tooth and nail and was really clobbering Franklin, and did much more damage to Rich than he took from him(I maybe would have liked to see the decision go his way, in Japan it probably would have etc) and lost to the guy with the best KO power in the division this side of Liddell's decline and Henderson's exit from the division. Maybe Babalu deserves to be in more since he's won all his recent fights, but Wandy has been in with much better competition and in some ways isn't faring as bad as he's been givin credit for recently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog's New Rankings   Sherdog's New Rankings EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:25 pm

I love Wand as much as the next guy, but he's lost so many lately. Chuck deserves to be on there more than Wand does. He hung close with Franklin, but I think he clearly lost. I might have to go back and rewatch that one. He got KO'd by Page. He dominated Jardine. But he lost a close decision to Chuck, and got KO'd by Hendo & Cro Cop. I know that is all stiff competition, but 1-5 in your last 6 is baaaaad!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog's New Rankings   Sherdog's New Rankings EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Cain didn't even make the "other contendors" list at Heavy. found that odd. and I don't like AA at #7 at all, Carwin at 8 would surely ruin him.

And Diego just barely made OC at 155, another strange ranking, maybe it's cause he has only 2 fights against not ranked guys, but he was impressive in both, I figured no lower then 5.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog's New Rankings   Sherdog's New Rankings EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:59 pm

wow i can see Cain not being in the top 10.. but NOT even mentioned in the contenders??? wtf is that about!
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog's New Rankings   Sherdog's New Rankings EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:11 pm

captain organic wrote:

And Diego just barely made OC at 155, another strange ranking, maybe it's cause he has only 2 fights against not ranked guys, but he was impressive in both, I figured no lower then 5.

Sherdog has never given UFC LW's any cred. To see 5 guys there is almost unheard of, even if Diego is MIA.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog's New Rankings   Sherdog's New Rankings EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:24 pm

wow WW wtf? No hughes? Paulo at 6?
I actually like their LW list but Sanchez deserves to be in there. But Kitaoka and Hirota are top 10 talentwise, would love to see both of them in the ufc but it wont happen.
Dont agree with Aldo that low.
How is the best Fly-weight in the world 3-0.? Is it that shallow of a division lol.

I like our rankings better.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog's New Rankings   Sherdog's New Rankings EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Why is Mousasi not even a notable on the LHW rankings? I would pick him to beat Wandy.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog's New Rankings   Sherdog's New Rankings EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:00 pm

Maybe because Mousasi hasn't fought there yet? (Hunt was HW right?)

Anyway our rankings are so much better than Sherdog's it's not even funny. Speaking of that...

go vote you assholes!!!!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog's New Rankings   Sherdog's New Rankings EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Ya, the anti Hughes bias, considering he just beat the last guy to beat GSP is retarded. Matt Hughes would maul half that list. Paulo Thiago never deserved ranking in the first place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog's New Rankings   Sherdog's New Rankings Empty

Back to top Go down

Sherdog's New Rankings
Page 1 of 1