Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ultimate Soccer Discussion

Go down 
+8
Sean Connery is my father
Jamal
OU
Birdofthad
LA
captainanddew
NJBeatdown86
killerofchicken
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:57 am

Arsenal have rejected a £27 million offer from Barcelona for Cesc Fabregas.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930088/arsenal-reject-barcelona%27s-cesc-fabregas-bid?cc=5739
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:38 pm

MLS is where the real greats play hahahah
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:13 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
MLS is where the real greats play hahahah

Theiry Henry who plays for the New York team was an absolute legend for Arsenal.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:28 pm

He's right overall though, MLS isn't near on the level of EPL, La Liga, Serie A ect.

Henry could still play for some clubs in Europe IMO.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 2:46 am

US goes up 2-0 in the first like 20 minutes, loses 4-2 No

We just don't get soccer IMO, it's not that they aren't or can't be good or don't have a bunch of good athletes, just other countries get how to play the game better then we do. Not to down on the loss cause Mexico is actually a really talented team right now. That 4th Mexico goal was pretty sick, held the dribble from everyone then little touch shot upper 90, very slick.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 1:43 pm

LA wrote:

We just don't get soccer IMO, it's not that they aren't or can't be good or don't have a bunch of good athletes, just other countries get how to play the game better then we do. Not to down on the loss cause Mexico is actually a really talented team right now. That 4th Mexico goal was pretty sick, held the dribble from everyone then little touch shot upper 90, very slick.

I agree with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 4:58 pm

Man Utd on the verge of signing David de Gea from Athletico Madrid for £ 17.8 million.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930650/atletico-madrid%27s-david-de-gea-having-manchester-united-medical?cc=5739
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:11 pm

LA wrote:

IMO, Howard needs to take some heat for letting in some of those goals... I honestly think he's overrated
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:00 am

killerofchicken wrote:
LA wrote:

IMO, Howard needs to take some heat for letting in some of those goals... I honestly think he's overrated

Maybe one of em, I can't really remember em all off the top of my head at this point. That last goal when he came out to challenge the ball, wasn't his fault really, guy sheilded the ball beautifully and the D should have been able to close him out, that was a pretty goal though. You remember which ones you thought he should have had? On overrated, US goalies are always quality, that's why they excel more on the Club level usually, we're just not that good a country.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:01 am

Ali wrote:
Man Utd on the verge of signing David de Gea from Athletico Madrid for £ 17.8 million.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930650/atletico-madrid%27s-david-de-gea-having-manchester-united-medical?cc=5739

Damn a lot on money, isn't he a goalie? Probably just gonna work him up over the years.

Kuszczak got nexties.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:08 am

They bought him to start. Kuszczak wants to leave. He's a good shot stopper but lacks command.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:17 am

Damn to start? isn't he just a kid still? Tought they had Amos after Kuszczak? But I love shot stopping keepers, and I'm always gonna be pro US/Polish players, didn't even know he wants out though, seems weird and dumb with the position opening up with Edwin's retirement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:32 am

He wants to start he said. David de Gea is the best keeper in the world under the age of 21. He was Athletico Madrid's starting keeper last season. He has unlimited potential but if I was Alex I'd do what you said and start Kuszczak until Gea speaks english and is ready.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:42 am

Interesting, don't know much about the kid, I'd say give him a year then start him if he's that good. I love Polish and American keepers though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:49 am

You Polish/American?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:56 am

I'm American but 100% Polish, Dad born in Poland, Mom's parents both born in Poland, therefore 100% Polack. But really, US, Polish, German, Dutch and probably Italian Keepers are best overall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:03 am

Cool, an ex of mine was Polish. Very nice family. I like their values and tradition.

America have had some excellent keepers the past decade, Italy and Germany always have good keepers and Spain right now have 2 of the best 3.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:13 am

Casillas and ______ as best 2 of 3 in the World.....interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:14 am

Casillas and Reina. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:22 am

Ahh, Pool fan....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:31 am

Alex actually wanted him but Liverpool will never sell to Manchester. Buffon is up there too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:17 pm

LA wrote:
I'm American but 100% Polish, Dad born in Poland, Mom's parents both born in Poland, therefore 100% Polack. But really, US, Polish, German, Dutch and probably Italian Keepers are best overall.

Then why aren't you going to see Adamek in Jersey with a Poland shirt and face paint ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:19 pm

freakzilla wrote:
He wants to start he said. David de Gea is the best keeper in the world under the age of 21. He was Athletico Madrid's starting keeper last season. He has unlimited potential but if I was Alex I'd do what you said and start Kuszczak until Gea speaks english and is ready.

Gea isn't going to go from a starting for Madrid to sitting on Utd's bench, he's Van De Sar's replacement !!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:19 pm

Ali wrote:
LA wrote:

Then why aren't you going to see Adamek in Jersey with a Poland shirt and face paint ?

He will be at the hotel in high heels and a tube top.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:21 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
LA wrote:

He will be at the hotel in high heels and a tube top.

Sexy, will there also be a mini skirt, blood red fingernails and a tramp stamp tattoo ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Soccer Discussion   Ultimate Soccer Discussion - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Soccer Discussion
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next