Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If Toney loses...

Go down 
+3
Birdofthad
timthebim
captain organic
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

If Toney loses... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If Toney loses...   If Toney loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:48 am

soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Toney's power is extremely overrated, I give him a shot of stopping Randy because his 46 year old chin has been wore down.

Toney hasn't knocked out an elite boxer in years, and lets not forget the fact he's in his forties too with over 80 professional fights under his belt.
True but there is a difference in a clean landed punch with boxing gloves and damn near a bare fist. I still take the world class boxer over Carwin. I think Carwin would get hit often by Toney and he would go to sleep.

Thats a good point but James is a counterpuncher mostly he doesnt normally push the action and if Randy comes in and gets the takedown fast its hard to counter from ur back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Toney loses...   If Toney loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:08 am

timthebim wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Toney's power is extremely overrated, I give him a shot of stopping Randy because his 46 year old chin has been wore down.

Toney hasn't knocked out an elite boxer in years, and lets not forget the fact he's in his forties too with over 80 professional fights under his belt.
True but there is a difference in a clean landed punch with boxing gloves and damn near a bare fist. I still take the world class boxer over Carwin. I think Carwin would get hit often by Toney and he would go to sleep.

Thats a good point but James is a counterpuncher mostly he doesnt normally push the action and if Randy comes in and gets the takedown fast its hard to counter from ur back.
We were talking about Toney vs Carwin in a stand up match. But you are correct. I think that will happen when he fights Randy.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: If Toney loses...   If Toney loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:15 am

A little reality check
James Toney is 41 years old.
81 professional boxing matches
Smoked cigars, drank a bit much, and ate like there was no tomorrow, for the better part of his career

He had amazing talent but he pissed alot of it away over the years.

His last 3-4 fights, his balance and footwork were downright horrible. I'd say he's basically shot as a boxer. Last time he genuinely looked good was 5 years ago vs Ruiz. 5 years ago!!!!

There is some boxers who I'd give at least a puncher's chance in an MMA fight.

Not the 41 year old version of James Toney!!!!

If he were to win by landing a shot, it would say alot more about how far gone Randy is, rather than what James Toney can do in MMA

Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: If Toney loses...   If Toney loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:17 am

Sooner, as a fellow boxing guy, I'm suprised you called Toney a world class fighter.

He is a future hall of famer, but he is so far removed from being world class at this point!!!!!!!

When he fought Fres Oquendo in late 2008 (wow almost 2 years ago), I genuinely believe Oquendo got robbed. Toney looked beyond awful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Toney loses...   If Toney loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:19 am

captainanddew wrote:
Sooner, as a fellow boxing guy, I'm suprised you called Toney a world class fighter.

He is a future hall of famer, but he is so far removed from being world class at this point!!!!!!!

When he fought Fres Oquendo in late 2008 (wow almost 2 years ago), I genuinely believe Oquendo got robbed. Toney looked beyond awful.
I agree I was just trying to make a point.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: If Toney loses...   If Toney loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:10 pm

captainanddew wrote:
A little reality check
Smoked cigars, drank a bit much, and ate like there was no tomorrow, for the better part of his career

His last 3-4 fights, his balance and footwork were downright horrible. I'd say he's basically shot as a boxer. Last time he genuinely looked good was 5 years ago vs Ruiz. 5 years ago!!!!

If he were to win by landing a shot, it would say alot more about how far gone Randy is, rather than what James Toney can do in MMA

Captain this maybe the best post in this whole thread!!!
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: If Toney loses...   If Toney loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:50 pm

captainanddew wrote:
A little reality check

Bbbbbbbb...but they start the fight standing up!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: If Toney loses...   If Toney loses... - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:44 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
A little reality check

Yeah it does Krazy but trust me it will be on the ground in seconds after it starts.

Bbbbbbbb...but they start the fight standing up!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Toney loses...   If Toney loses... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If Toney loses...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2