Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50" Empty
PostSubject: Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50"   Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50" EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:04 pm

THis is what I was worried about when the brothers made the desperate attempt to get Ducker Haye's fraudulent ass in the ring. The precedent. Now every posssible contender has it in the back of their minds that if they run their mouths enough, they can then demand a preposterous 50 percent against the cash cow brothers or claim a "slave contract" to duck them.

I really hope that is not the case with Adamek, hopefully his comments are innocent and just didn't translate well. I will give the Polish warrior the benefit of the doubt for now, but I am distressed by the rumours that he already turned down a fight with them this year and then makes this comment.

If Adamek prices himself out versus either brother, it may be enough for me to give up on the sport for a while...

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=29820
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50"   Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50" EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:14 pm

I think there is EVERY reason to give Adamek the benfit of the doubt.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50"   Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50" EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:26 pm

Adamek has gone about HW the right way.

Moved up and has stayed busy. going to have his 4th fight in less than a year. Took out the shot Golotta for a big payday. Beat decent Estrada. Beat Arreola. Facing Grant-who may have nothing left, but is a big tall fighter who will at least allow him to get used to the height and reach he'll face vs the Klits.

Will he beat either Klitschko? Rather doubtful. Is he going to give it his all in an attempt? Hell yes. And when he talks about wanting to fight a Klitschko, it isn't just talk, like another ex cruiserweight champ.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50"   Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50" EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:35 pm

I dont have a problem with him asking for 50-50. I dont think the Klits are hurting for money and my bet is one of them takes him up on his offer. To me both Klits are just looking for a good fight and not a payday at this point in their careers.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50"   Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50" EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:02 pm

I dont think Adamek would stand firm on a 50/50 split.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50"   Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50" EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:04 pm

Adamek is just making the brothers aware of his presence, he'll lower his demands if K2 contact Kathy Duva.

Adamek is also quite high on the IBF's rankings, he'll be made mandatory soon if he continues his Heavyweight success.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50"   Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50" EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Adamek is #3 HW according to the IBF

Damn! Povetkin dropped to #11 by the IBF? LOL!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50"   Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50" EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:08 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Adamek is #3 HW according to the IBF

Damn! Povetkin dropped to #11 by the IBF? LOL!

Good that pussy needs to fight someone. Fuck him and Teddy.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50"   Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50" EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Adamek wasn't making a contract demand, he was just pointing out he'd jump at the chance to take 50/50 in a fight against the Klits. 50/50 is a big payday. Has to be the biggest payday in boxing if your name isn't Pac or Floyd.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50"   Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50" EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:24 pm

That's what I'm hoping Captain, but the tone worries me in light of the dangerous precedent set by Wlad caving in to Ducker Haye's ridiculous demands. Haye didn't think Wlad would call his bluff.

I think Adamek would get a mandatory-type split in the range of 75-25, similiar to the Povetkin purse bid. It would still be Adamek's biggest payday with the possible exception of the Golota fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50"   Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50" Empty

Back to top Go down

Adamek "I'd sign to fight Klitschko now for 50-50"
Page 1 of 1