Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck

Go down 
+8
GolbeZ
acccardinal12
Ludo
timthebim
josh200612
Birdofthad
OU
Wolfgangsta
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:56 pm

Batman Begins isn't a remake it's a reboot.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:59 pm

reboots and remakes aren't really any different. I mean where would you draw the line? Single movie - remake? Franchise - reboot?

The thread includes all remakes/boots.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:00 pm

A remake is usually the same film shot for shot except updated with the latest technology, reboots in the other hand are a different direction in the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:03 pm

The omen remake was good but no where near the original
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:07 pm

Most remakes are significantly different enough from the original to be counted as a reboot according to your definition. Reboot and remake are essentially the same concept.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:15 pm

I suppose you're right Wolfy.

Wouldn't The Lord Of The Rings be classified as a remake then considering that cartoon version they had in the 80's ?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:23 pm

I would say no, as this is the first live action adaptation of the books, and is disconnected from the animated versions. I mean, we had plenty of Spiderman cartoons before too, is that also a remake?
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:57 pm

Caddyshack II-worst sequel ever made
Godfather II-best sequel ever made
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:59 pm

remakes/reboots and sequels aint the same winston.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 3:07 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
remakes/reboots and sequels aint the same winston.

You're right.I misread the thread.Oops.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:05 pm

but winston is right Caddyshack 2 was so shitty it was amazing my pops told me he was sitting in the theater like ok this has get to get better at some point

sadly it never came
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:46 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
but winston is right Caddyshack 2 was so shitty it was amazing my pops told me he was sitting in the theater like ok this has get to get better at some point

sadly it never came
Dan Ackroyd was so bad I winced every time his character came into play.Atocious movie.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:32 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Wow on the King Kong placements.

The 05 remake was akward, painful and barely watchable. Jack Black's acting was so ridiculous I could barely finish the movie, and the tarzan T-rex battle scene? Holy fuck. Horrific. A piece of me died the day I watched that movie, and King Kong 05 ranks as one of the worst movies I've ever watched.

The 76 remake was on the otherhand awesome.

A +1 for the 05' statement and a -1 for the 76' version. The only saving grace of the 76' version was Jessica Lange's legs.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:10 am

The 1990 Night of The Living Dead is actually pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:17 am

I can't believe you all thought King Kong 05 sucked. I thought it was awesome. Jack Black was alright too. The whole movie was great imo. I guess Peter Jackson should have had Frodo Baggins running from Kong instead of a blonde right? Maybe Orlando Bloom with pointy ears and a bow hunting down the blonde instead of Adrien Brody would do? This is not a diss on LOTR either. I liked all of them too. Just sayin is all.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:50 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The 1990 Night of The Living Dead is actually pretty damn good.

Tony Todd?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:06 am

tony todd is the shit if im thinking of the same guy

CANDYMAN!!!
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:32 am

Birdofthad wrote:
The omen remake was good but no where near the original
Bird, I actually hate it when you and I split, but we're on opposite sides of this fence on this one. The Omen remake was the one film I was going to put on the list of remakes that sucked. You should watch the Omen again. Everything about Damien looked harmless in the beginning, there was just a little something strange about his face. As time went on...... In the remake, they get a pale kid who looks like an "Adam's Family" fossil and push him in your face as this weirdo. No mystery. No nothing. Please, God, don't let them make an Exorcist remake.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:24 pm

i agree frank that the kid in the original omen was 10 TIMES BETTER

the ending was classic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck   remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

remakes that sucked - remakes that didn't suck
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2