Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question about Big George

Go down 
+2
dmar5143
4445Frank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Question about Big George Empty
PostSubject: Question about Big George   Question about Big George EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:25 am

Simple question. My analysis of George Foreman has always been that he’s pretty much a power savant. This is a man who throws punches incorrectly. Whether he’s a young 24 year old and winging punches that were telegraphed from another state, or throwing arm punches with no body weight behind them that put his opponent out for an hour, I have to wonder does he know why he’s so strong? Is he as bewildered by his power as I am, or does he have some secretive body control or concentration which allows him to put every single muscle in his body into every punch. Martial artists have to concentrate before breaking bricks with their hands. Did George discover a way to generate that power with a more sophisticated concentration that allowed him to throw every punch as though he's breaking a ton of ice. Have Marble or Dmar seen anything like him in the past? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Question about Big George   Question about Big George EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 am

frank on ocasion foreman does get a little hip action but most of the time he punches like you said..fighters like that are called heavy handed...2 examples i can give you are roberto duran and max baer..both have scored a number of kos by being heavy handed.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Question about Big George   Question about Big George EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:53 am

Big George was just a big and strong man, with heavy hands.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Question about Big George   Question about Big George EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:54 am

yeah goerge was just a beast and even his jabs had bad intentions. It was all the tree cutting and paul bunyon type trainining that made him close to un human. I loved his 1-2 left jab and then strait right that would just cripple you at the knees and he would be so relaxed doing it like he was just lightly sparring or something.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Question about Big George   Question about Big George EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:53 pm

George Foreman=freakazoid.

Now can you imagine if he really was a technically correct puncher? The ring would have been litterred with dead men.

I will say that the two Moorer right hand shots, the one that stunned him and 3-4 seconds later the one that dropped him, were as crisp and correctly thrown as one can do it. Feet, hip, pivot POW!

Pipino Cuevas punched poorly and lethally as well. But there aren't many guys I can think of otherwise.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Question about Big George   Question about Big George EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:41 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
George Foreman=freakazoid.

Now can you imagine if he really was a technically correct puncher? The ring would have been litterred with dead men.

I will say that the two Moorer right hand shots, the one that stunned him and 3-4 seconds later the one that dropped him, were as crisp and correctly thrown as one can do it. Feet, hip, pivot POW!

Pipino Cuevas punched poorly and lethally as well. But there aren't many guys I can think of otherwise.
I agree with this 100 percent. Do me a favor, Marble. When you can, watch the Foreman - Chuvalo fight and tell me what you see.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Question about Big George   Question about Big George EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:56 pm

George has a chromosone in his DNA that has shows somewhere back in his family someone got it on with big foot , the loch ness monster, and the Abomidable snow man

hence his freakish power
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Question about Big George   Question about Big George EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
George has a chromosone in his DNA that has shows somewhere back in his family someone got it on with big foot , the loch ness monster, and the Abomidable snow man

hence his freakish power

nice one bird
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Big George   Question about Big George Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about Big George
Page 1 of 1