Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greenburg confirms negotiations took place

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Greenburg confirms negotiations took place Empty
PostSubject: Greenburg confirms negotiations took place   Greenburg confirms negotiations took place EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:44 pm

To the surprise of no one.....

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=29586
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Greenburg confirms negotiations took place   Greenburg confirms negotiations took place EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:46 pm

Respectfully canvas, and I mean that, I really don't care just how much evidence there is that the entire Mayweather camp is a handicapped pile of mentally impaired and morally bankrupt thugs. I don't beileve it Wink
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Greenburg confirms negotiations took place   Greenburg confirms negotiations took place EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:48 pm

lol. nice. I was about to make a smart ass comment that it wont change a thing with Mayweathers racist zealots....
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Greenburg confirms negotiations took place   Greenburg confirms negotiations took place EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:12 am

I didn't really need Ross Greenburg to tell me that crap. It does make the Mayweather camp look aweful.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Greenburg confirms negotiations took place   Greenburg confirms negotiations took place EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:46 am

its on espn home page and a few comments.1.amazing and unbelievable2.oscar is muscled out of his own company.shaffers the man.3.shaffer puts a gag on negotiations as far as the press is concerned but backs ellebee saying there were no negotiations lol just talks..ross grenburg and arum are lying he says ..ahh this is good stuff for nice working relationships in the future with hbo..lol.finaly forget it folks..this fight will never happen...there are several REAL fights coming up in the following weeks and months.lets enjoy them instead of a what if pretend fight..
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Greenburg confirms negotiations took place   Greenburg confirms negotiations took place EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:13 am

Now Schaefer and Ellerbie are trying to play semantics. They are actually arguing the definition of 'negotiating' to try and support their lies. Disgusting. Boxing is becoming a joke due to these sleazebags.

Golden Boy, the company to revolutionize and reform the sport supposedly. What a joke.

Oscar and Schaefer have turned out to be every bit the lying, conniving whores that Arum, King, or Shaw ever were.

Anything connected to Mayweather stinks.
Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Greenburg confirms negotiations took place   Greenburg confirms negotiations took place EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:58 am

I still think they need to define what they mean by "negotiations." This term seems to get thrown around rather loosely.

It seems to me that one side is considering the talks negotiations, and the other is not. I personally do not see how you can call it a "negotiation" when you aren't speaking directly with the other party like Bob Arum claims.

That's just my opinion. I would never refer to anything as a negotiation if I wasn't talking directly with the other party. I would say I was "passing messages" to the other party or whatever. Even a conference call would count as a negotiation to me, but it doesn't even sound like they did that.

If it was just phone tag, I do not consider that legitimate negotiations. Greenburg's statement did not offer much detail and they really should be more specific about what took place.

I just don't think it is realistic that a $100+ million deal was negotiated through "phone tag" methods. That just doesn't make sense. Everybody involved seems to be exaggerating the truth and it is tough to know what to believe at this point. It's not like all the people involved are known as being honest or anything. Bob Arum has also not produced his "final proposal" that he supposedly sent to the Mayweather team. That document would certainly help answer some questions.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Greenburg confirms negotiations took place   Greenburg confirms negotiations took place EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:09 am

victor879 wrote:
I still think they need to define what they mean by "negotiations."

It seems to me that one side is considering the talks negotiations, and the other is not. I personally do not see how you can call it a "negotiation" when you aren't speaking directly with the other party like Bob Arum claims.

That's just my opinion. I would never refer to anything as a negotiation if I wasn't talking directly with the other party. I would say I was "passing messages" to the other party or whatever. Even a conference call would count as a negotiation to me, but it doesn't even sound like they did that.

If it was just phone tag, I do not consider that legitimate negotiations. Greenburg's statement did not offer much detail and they really should be more specific about what took place.

I just don't think it is realistic that a $100+ million deal was negotiated through "phone tag" methods. That just doesn't make sense. Everybody involved seems to be exaggerating the truth.

Well Oscar De La Hoya, Bob Arum and Ross Greenburg all confirmed it. Three of the four parties or sides have confirmed that were negotiations. Oscar reneging that there were not talks is like Roger Clemens saying Andy Pettite Misremembered using HGH. Or this: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/DemocraticDebate/story?id=4519064&page=1 Mispeaking or Misremembering means someone lied.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Greenburg confirms negotiations took place   Greenburg confirms negotiations took place EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:14 am

Before the alleged negotiations for that fight fell apart, De La Hoya made a statement on Spanish language television saying, "Up until now, it’s been a very difficult negotiation process for various reasons but right now we’re very close” and also, “I think right now we are very, very close in finalizing the contracts. I can’t talk right now in detail about the negotiations but I will say that we are very close.”

“I think I said it because I get the question asked so many times and obviously I was fed up and tired of it so I just said ‘Yeah, yeah. It’s going to be made.’” explained De La Hoya. “It was a quick answer that I should have obviously thought about. But obviously negotiations weren’t going on. Nothing was going on. Like I said, Mayweather has the key to making that fight happen.”

So Oscar was tired of answering a question about potentially the biggest fight not only his company but boxing would be a part of? Get a new job if you get sick of answering that question.
Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Greenburg confirms negotiations took place   Greenburg confirms negotiations took place EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:18 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
victor879 wrote:
I still think they need to define what they mean by "negotiations."

I just don't think it is realistic that a $100+ million deal was negotiated through "phone tag" methods. That just doesn't make sense. Everybody involved seems to be exaggerating the truth.

Well Oscar De La Hoya, Bob Arum and Ross Greenburg all confirmed it. Three of the four parties or sides have confirmed that were negotiations. Oscar reneging that there were not talks is like Roger Clemens saying Andy Pettite Misremembered using HGH. Or this: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/DemocraticDebate/story?id=4519064&page=1 Mispeaking or Misremembering means someone lied.

Oh, I'm positive there were some talks. The question I have is what specifically went on and to what length?

I still don't believe we have the whole truth. Bob Arum has said that he has never directly spoken with anybody from Team Mayweather. That just seems rather odd for something as massive as a Pacquiao vs Mayweather fight contract. It is easily going to be worth over $100 million and you don't want to discuss anything directly with the other party? That just seems very strange to me. I know if I was working out a deal worth over $100 million, I would want my team to be directly involved.

Bob Arum still hasn't produced his final proposal that he supposedly sent, nor has he mentioned any of the deal points that were supposedly agreed to. This would also help illuminate some more details.

Was all the communication through "phone tag?" Was there even a single conference call? Was it all just passed messages? Specific details on the method of communication would be helpful.

I just think the term negotiation is getting thrown around rather loosely, when we don't even know the details of any of the discussions. Greenburg should give us a little more information and answer some questions about how he was communicating between the two parties.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greenburg confirms negotiations took place   Greenburg confirms negotiations took place Empty

Back to top Go down

Greenburg confirms negotiations took place
Page 1 of 1