Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today

Go down 
+6
hardcoreBEE24
dmar5143
Birdofthad
captainanddew
marbleheadmaui
gomez1012
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today Empty
PostSubject: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:55 pm

Wlad vs Peter II on Sept 11

Povetkin putas out again

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5401460
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:58 pm

I read where Teddy A is concerned Povetkin isn't ready. Povetkin is NEVER gonna be ready for Wald.

The good news? Peter will show up in shape...sort of. The bad news? It just won't matter. By the third round he'll have been made stationary by Wlad's jab and it'll be over in six,
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:59 pm

similar article on boxingscene.

Sam Peter is having a good day.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:01 pm

I think he'll be in shape, he's looked solid on his way back to a title shot

his last fight vs Nagy Aguilera

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:05 pm

that fight was in Dallas ^^^
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:06 pm

upset time folks.dont be shocked.povenkin turns away from a 2 million dollar paycheck..how long does atlas need to get a guy ready..he better get him in the ring with somebody fast..and often then....peter has his last chance here.hes another one who in the past took training shortcuts...this time im not so sure that will be the case..this should be a showtime tape delayed showing..why they cant show it live at 5 pm est is a mystery....its a rematch that could be sold to the general public..again dont be shocked if peter kos wlad..im thinking upset if peters in shape and improves on the jab..im in the minority i know.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:23 pm

ahh good i see there negotiating with espn3 to show the fight live..arum will agree to this fight fast especialyif its 2 mill for peter..maybe arum can talk to showtime to put up 100 thousand more then espn and show it live there..thats extra cheap programing for sure..an upset would be good for the HW division i feel.then a rematch with vitali unifies the title and haye gets left out.thats a plus.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Wlad isn't the same fighter as when he faced Peter before. He is more confident. That being said if Peter lands those clubbing right hands to the back of the dome (as he always tries to do), then we will see Wlad on the canvas and a fight on our hands.

It would be nice if Peter gave a good performance and Wlad had to fight more than normal, but unfortunately I believe Wlad has perfected the stay away and jab the opponent to death strategy. He has learned how to tie up immediately inside. Steward will make sure that Wlad is not turning his body and head away from Steward when moving (as he did last time and Peter landed the clubbing rights to the back of the dome).

Prediction: Wlad puts Peter down by round 8. First 4-5 rounds is Wlad softening him up and holding anytime Peter gets close. Rounds 6-8 is Wlad finally throwing a few right hands. When those land, they hurt Peter and he stops him.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:31 pm

you may be right captain but stewart can tell wlad a bunch..hes a creature of habit..same old same old so to speak.its not what wlad improves on its what peter improves on..if they worked on the jab getting peter loose instead of stiff sliping a punch and countering then wlads chin could be in trouble..stewart cant do anything for that brittle chin...
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:16 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
you may be right captain but stewart can tell wlad a bunch..hes a creature of habit..same old same old so to speak.its not what wlad improves on its what peter improves on..if they worked on the jab getting peter loose instead of stiff sliping a punch and countering then wlads chin could be in trouble..stewart cant do anything for that brittle chin...

Except duct tape his right hand to it.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:30 pm

lol yep he could try that.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Wlad has improved alot since the Peter fight. His stamina is better (probably because he is less anxious in the ring and also fights at a measured pace). He catches punches better. He manages distance better. He still doesn't like getting hit, but he doesn't have the complete deer in the headlights look anymore.

Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 6:34 pm

A very good day for Peter. He'll soon have another million bucks in the bank.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 6:53 pm

For a million dollars I'll train for a couple of months and Wlad can knock me out. I'll put up more of an effort than Briggs.

Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:03 pm

I'll do it for half a million. I can't promise I'd do any better than Briggs though....
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Wlad had already won what 9 rounds before Peter started knocking him down?

just dont see mr molasses winning
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:55 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
upset time folks.dont be shocked.povenkin turns away from a 2 million dollar paycheck..how long does atlas need to get a guy ready..he better get him in the ring with somebody fast..and often then....peter has his last chance here.hes another one who in the past took training shortcuts...this time im not so sure that will be the case..this should be a showtime tape delayed showing..why they cant show it live at 5 pm est is a mystery....its a rematch that could be sold to the general public..again dont be shocked if peter kos wlad..im thinking upset if peters in shape and improves on the jab..im in the minority i know.

Hasn't Wlad gotten MUCH better and Peter stayed more or less the same since there first fight?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Peter has taken shots since they last fought, while Wlad has gotten better.

Wlad-
1- A little bit more relaxed in the ring
2- a little more measured pace
combine 1 and 2 and he doesn't gas out
3-confidence higher- When he fought Peter before he was still a reclamation project for Steward. Not anymore
4-has mastered art of holding inside
5-catches punches much better
6-when hit, can see the anxiety, but you don't see the absolute deer in the headlights look

Peter
lots of shitty performances
finally has gotten into shape

I do like the fight as Peter will try to take it to Wlad. That should bring out the best in wlad as there will be clear opportunities to tag Peter.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:26 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

Hasn't Wlad gotten MUCH better and Peter stayed more or less the same since there first fight?
...marble no doubt wlad has made improvements and peter has not.for a little while maybe he regressed a bit...i just have a gut feeling that lady luck and a big punch will comes about that night..providing peter trains with no short cuts.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:17 pm

speaking of thanking jesus. I am not a religious man. I don't particularly like to hear them thank jesus christ. JIf there is a jesus christ, he has alot to do and probably could care less about the outcome of a boxing match.
Back to top Go down
empanek
White Belt
White Belt
empanek

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:38 pm

captainanddew wrote:
speaking of thanking jesus. I am not a religious man. I don't particularly like to hear them thank jesus christ. JIf there is a jesus christ, he has alot to do and probably could care less about the outcome of a boxing match.

This reminds me of the "Hogging Jesus" skit on SNL... funny stuff.

I agree, I really don't think this Jesus dude picks and chooses who wins sporting events.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:41 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

...marble no doubt wlad has made improvements and peter has not.for a little while maybe he regressed a bit...i just have a gut feeling that lady luck and a big punch will comes about that night..providing peter trains with no short cuts.

Well that's why one can never take one's eye off the heavies. Memories of Mike Weaver and Hasim Rahman are too clear.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 11:47 pm

Peter's clubbing right hand to the back of the head (maybe this time it will be to the front if landed), has alot on it. He lands that thing just right and we could have a Rahman style ending.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:42 am

Pass up $2,000,000 and a shot at the HW title? Povetkin and Teddy Atlas are fucking fools, chances are Povetkin may never get another title shot, or a purse anywhere close to $2 million.

P.S. Sam Peter will be cannon fodder for Wlad's right hand.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:10 am

povetkin wont get any chance for a 500 000 purse..unless haye wants to take a risk which i doubt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today   Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today Empty

Back to top Go down

Samuel Peter is THANKING JESUS Today
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next