Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IFC Results/Discussion

Go down 
+9
timthebim
KingsOwn19
Ludo
josh200612
Primetyme199
KrazyHorseBennett
Birdofthad
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

IFC Results/Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IFC Results/Discussion   IFC Results/Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Ya Evander is more in the Rizzo category than the Shamrock category if he had to say he was like either of the fighters last night.

Shammy didn't look too bad until he got legged kicked to death. I think he could still compete with Coleman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: IFC Results/Discussion   IFC Results/Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Wolfy I finally understand obsession with prehistoric creatures, you were the little kid at the beginning of Jurassic Park who mocked Raptors.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: IFC Results/Discussion   IFC Results/Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:00 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Wolfy I finally understand obsession with prehistoric creatures, you were the little kid at the beginning of Jurassic Park who mocked Raptors.

Not to mention his wife has a grill like a T-Rex! Razz
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: IFC Results/Discussion   IFC Results/Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:07 pm

That kid was a huge fat ass. I doubt I weighed as much as he did when I was a freshmen in highschool. I always thought that kid was a faggot. I've loved nature and predators since I could change the channel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: IFC Results/Discussion   IFC Results/Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:58 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/29/1594855/impact-fc-salaries-not-coming-from
If a fighter travels to Australia to compete on a pay-per-view that's being headlined by Ken Shamrock vs. Pedro Rizzo, the chances are pretty good that they did it because they needed the money.

And it the unfortunately case of Impact FC, they may not get it.

Cage Potato reveals that most, if not all of the combatants who participated on the Impact FC fight cards on July 10 (Brisbane) and July 18 (Sydney) are not in receipt of their complete fight purses.

Karo Parisyan, Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou and Jesse Taylor have since confirmed the report.

And it may come as a complete shock (not really) that the failure to compensate said fighters stems from a lack of communication/cooperation between the financial backer and the MMA promoter.

First up is Impact FC financial backer Andrew McManus, as he throws promoter Tom Huggins under the bus:

“[Tom] Huggins has run back to Brazil and is uncontactable, whilst I (who never negotiated, contracted or was a party to any deal) have now been left trying to find funds to pay the men whilst all the false promises of sponsorships (never happened) and late gate sales and walk up all turned out to be lies.”

Huggins, naturally, didn't appreciate the accusations (or the tire marks):

“That statement is categorically untrue. I can provide you with the agreement between Andrew and myself, which clearly demonstrates that my responsibility was to procure fighters and make matches for the event within a given budget. The agreement clearly shows that ALL of the financing for the events, including fighter purses, was the responsibility of McManus. That being said, I feel that at the end of the day McManus being the professional that he is will fulfill his obligations and that the fighters will be paid.”

There's much more to the story over at Cage Potato but in the end there is really only one thing that matters: A group of fighters who are trying to make a living traveled to Australia to compete. They held up their end of the bargain and now it's time for someone at Impact FC to hold up theirs.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: IFC Results/Discussion   IFC Results/Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:01 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya Evander is more in the Rizzo category than the Shamrock category if he had to say he was like either of the fighters last night.

Shammy didn't look too bad until he got legged kicked to death. I think he could still compete with Coleman.

I hope bird does not read this but coleman would beat the shit out of ken. Im sorry but wathcing ken fight and train the last few years makes me think I should get out there and fight. Ken is as slow as a 60 year old man.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: IFC Results/Discussion   IFC Results/Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:04 pm

the only chance Ken has against COleman is a sub off his back which was never Kens strong point

I think its safe to say Kens knees are so fucked up he cant even shoot anymore hence the fact he hasnt shot in about 5 years
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: IFC Results/Discussion   IFC Results/Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:28 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/29/1594855/impact-fc-salaries-not-coming-from
If a fighter travels to Australia to compete on a pay-per-view that's being headlined by Ken Shamrock vs. Pedro Rizzo, the chances are pretty good that they did it because they needed the money.

And it the unfortunately case of Impact FC, they may not get it.

Cage Potato reveals that most, if not all of the combatants who participated on the Impact FC fight cards on July 10 (Brisbane) and July 18 (Sydney) are not in receipt of their complete fight purses.

Karo Parisyan, Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou and Jesse Taylor have since confirmed the report.

And it may come as a complete shock (not really) that the failure to compensate said fighters stems from a lack of communication/cooperation between the financial backer and the MMA promoter.

First up is Impact FC financial backer Andrew McManus, as he throws promoter Tom Huggins under the bus:

“[Tom] Huggins has run back to Brazil and is uncontactable, whilst I (who never negotiated, contracted or was a party to any deal) have now been left trying to find funds to pay the men whilst all the false promises of sponsorships (never happened) and late gate sales and walk up all turned out to be lies.”

Huggins, naturally, didn't appreciate the accusations (or the tire marks):

“That statement is categorically untrue. I can provide you with the agreement between Andrew and myself, which clearly demonstrates that my responsibility was to procure fighters and make matches for the event within a given budget. The agreement clearly shows that ALL of the financing for the events, including fighter purses, was the responsibility of McManus. That being said, I feel that at the end of the day McManus being the professional that he is will fulfill his obligations and that the fighters will be paid.”

There's much more to the story over at Cage Potato but in the end there is really only one thing that matters: A group of fighters who are trying to make a living traveled to Australia to compete. They held up their end of the bargain and now it's time for someone at Impact FC to hold up theirs.

Bob Sapp said they were shady promoters about a week before the card and they werent going to pay. Sapp called it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: IFC Results/Discussion   IFC Results/Discussion - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:45 pm

ya Sapp did call it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IFC Results/Discussion   IFC Results/Discussion - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

IFC Results/Discussion
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4