Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.

Go down 
+2
NJBeatdown86
Ring
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. Empty
PostSubject: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:09 pm

On right now..

At Southaven, Miss. (Showtime): Fernando Guerrero vs. Ishe Smith, 10 rounds, middleweights; Shawn Porter vs. Ray Robinson, 10 rounds, junior middleweights; Lanard Lane vs. Mike Dallas Jr., 10 rounds, junior welterweights
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:11 pm

Did we ever find out who the fake Dallas Jr. was on the ESPN board?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:14 pm

I havent heard from Ishe Smith in a while.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:16 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
Did we ever find out who the fake Dallas Jr. was on the ESPN board?

One of the trolls there, i'm not sure which one, I'm still a little bit confused, because I believe the real Mike Dallas Jr. did post there a few times.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:18 pm

timthebim wrote:
I havent heard from Ishe Smith in a while.

I thought he retired Tim, I guess not.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:19 pm

I did also.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Dallas Jr. is a good enough boxer, but he doesn't have a hell of a lot of power, as he moves up in class this will be a big problem for him.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Wasn't Ishe in that meh fight with Daniel Jacobs last summer?
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:57 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:
Wasn't Ishe in that meh fight with Daniel Jacobs last summer?

Could be, I just thought the guy sorta disappeared for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:54 pm

Just caught this and have a bunch of thoughts:

First, the corner work throughout the night was terrible. The worst moment was when Robinson got caught and was trying to catch his breath in between rounds and his corner said, "you're fucking up!". He had to explain that he got caught and that he was ok. I don't even think he got any useful advice or encouragement.

Mike Dallas Jr. can be real good. He's lightning quick and long. He has a real wide stance, which could be an issue against a guy with lateral movement or a southpaw, but it allows him to dart in and out much faster than his opponent. He pushes back with his lead foot after a flurry and he's already out of range. If he tightens up his stamina and defense, a lot of people are going to look like Lane against him.

I liked Porter's performance. He stuck to his gameplan and it paid off in the 6th. Even though he had to struggle, he worked through it and it paid off towards the end of the fight. He showed a lot of mental toughness against a quality guy. It was lopsided judging, but I had him winning the fight hands down.

I don't think Guerrero is any good. But I also think the MW division is terrible so he has a chance for a belt. Ishe Smith may have been the best fighter on the contender outside of Bika and Mora. Too bad he doesn't get any respect. I enjoy watching him fight.

Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:41 pm

Ishe does enough to lose most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Like I said earlier in this thread, Dallas Jr. is a good enough boxer and he has a bit of talent, but he doesn't have a lot of power. As he moves up in class, his inablity to keep his opponents honest, and/or not being able to hurt them with power shots, will be a big problem for him.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:40 pm

If you are a boxer with no power whatsoever you better be masterful or you will struggle quite a bit when you start facing top guys. Dallas is going to face that problem if he gets past the prospect status.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:02 pm

captainanddew wrote:
If you are a boxer with no power whatsoever you better be masterful or you will struggle quite a bit when you start facing top guys. Dallas is going to face that problem if he gets past the prospect status.

Exactly, the big dogs will walk right through Dallas Jr's punches and knock him out. Dallas jr. ain't no Tim Bradley, who also doesn't have a lot of power, but makes up for it with athleticism, agression, and execellent boxing ability.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:11 pm

people get excited about prospects, but there is 2 things (that I believe to be true), which I try to keep in mind (to keep any enthusiasm from going overboard):

1-boxers who are good with absolutely no power struggle when they get near the top 10; if you can't punch you better be a great boxer/athlete
2-punchers better be truly great punchers or they are going to get outboxed when they get to the top 10; there is a littany of very good punchers who knocked guys out on the way up, but as soon as they get to the top 10 and they can't knock the elite guys out, they were deep sixed.

Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:57 pm

i saw a dallas jr sparring video online and he was getting owned, he will go nowhere
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 6:05 pm

+1 SRH

He clinched a ton on Friday night, got caught a few times, really nothing to make you think he'll do anything anytime soon

And yea I saw that video of Dallas getting whooped on by Jose Benavidez, got crushed early in sparring and then Benavidez laid off of him
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 6:15 pm

ahhh i preferred when we had fake mike dallas lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:11 pm

sugarrayhatton wrote:
i saw a dallas jr sparring video online and he was getting owned, he will go nowhere

It was sparring...

When I say I think he can be good. I'm saying around the top 10 and a fringe contender. And that's if he continues to improve. That's not a bad career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.   SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr. Empty

Back to top Go down

SHOBOX showing Mike Dallas Jr.
Page 1 of 1