Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

King Mo's first defense?...

Go down 
+4
Farmer1906
OU
captain organic
LTFG
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

King Mo's first defense?... Empty
PostSubject: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Looks like Feijao... The lack of depth in SF is kind of embarrassing to be honest.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19761/champ-muhammed-lawal-vs-feijao-cavalcante-targeted-for-strikeforce-houston.mma
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:18 pm

205 is def the weakest of SF's divisions. But Cavalcante is a good fighter. though he's not exactly a worthy title contendor, he is the levle of fighter that Mo should be fighting at this stage in his career.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Mo is still overrated at this point, he could use some more experience before facing elite guys anyways.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:28 pm

It's not like he has a choice in the level of competition he faces... Aside from Hendo or a rematch with Mousasi, the talent pool is pretty thin. Of course he could possibly fight Babalu?... Or Lawler... I mean SF does give title shots to guys coming off of losses.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:30 pm

He won't fight Babalu, they tried and neither guy was interested(teammates)
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:36 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
It's not like he has a choice in the level of competition he faces... Aside from Hendo or a rematch with Mousasi, the talent pool is pretty thin. Of course he could possibly fight Babalu?... Or Lawler... I mean SF does give title shots to guys coming off of losses.

I expect him making appearances at heavy to fill the voids.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:37 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

That's right... Another reason to cross off a contender.

BTW - You're welcome for the merci... Went to hit the quote button and missed by a fraction of an inch... lol
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:57 pm

still think they need to get Kyle back in the mix here. 4 straight wins since his loss to Werdum, which of coarse, doesn't look too bad right now.

And as mentioned, Ricco.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:58 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

That's right... Another reason to cross off a contender.

BTW - You're welcome for the merci... Went to hit the quote button and missed by a fraction of an inch... lol

ha ha I have probably done that atleast 10 times.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Fedor should drop and fight him!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:29 pm

At first I was kidding but now I think it really has some potential.

Fedor would beat MO and get a shiny belt while werdum takes on overeem. Then fed or fights the winner of that and we have a champion vs champion sunperfight.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:37 pm

captain organic wrote:
still think they need to get Kyle back in the mix here. 4 straight wins since his loss to Werdum, which of coarse, doesn't look too bad right now.

And as mentioned, Ricco.

Does SF have ties to KOTC?... That's where Kyle's been fighting since his loss to Werdum I thought.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Kyle isn't in SF anymore. Feijao has been in "prospect on the cusp" status since EliteXC first signed with CBS. This fight is a long, long time coming. I don't think this is a bad fight at all...
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 3:56 pm

I don't think the fight is all bad considering they have so little to pull from. It will give us "a bit" more of a idea of where to place either in the grand scheme of things. I just wish that SF had more depth at LHW... Hell at any class for that matter...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:09 pm

How is this suppose to help me prove he isn't a top 10 LHW?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:19 pm

If he loses, he isn't top 10. Can't lose to a guy that loses to Mike Kyle and then gets a title shot by beating Rosa and Britt. If he wins, it solidifies him somewhat... Feijao is respected by many (Just not too much by me).
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:36 pm

If Feijao beats Mo impressively he may end up top ten.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
If Feijao beats Mo impressively he may end up top ten.

Really? I would still have him below guys like Matt Hamill and others.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Let's give a quick top-15 (Not necessarily in order) with a few interchangeables...

Rua, Evans, Machida, Rampage, Lil Nog, Anderson (?), Gump, Couture, King Mo, Mousasi, Franklin, Thiago, Bader, Jon Jones, Babalu..... Possible adds- Hamill, Vera, Cane, Ortiz, Jardine, Liddell... I know I don't have Feijao in my top-15, or 20 for that matter...

Now if Rafael beats Mo, do we slot him into the upper ten of that group... Really?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:53 pm

I don't slot Mo in the top 10 of that group. So why would I slot the other guy in for confirming I was right about Mo?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Janitor>Jardine
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Yeah, he'd have to embarrass Mo... All five minutes of the first and second rounds proving he is better than Mo at every aspect of MMA and then finish him in the third via submission of the year type of submission... I want to see Feijao set up a Gogo with Mo standing and pulling off a perfect video game type submission before I give him top-10 consideration!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:06 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Janitor>Jardine

Maybe Arona and Diabate too at this point?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:33 pm

Damn what a weak division, I have no clue why they wouldn't sign Jardine

Mo goes on a long run against weak opposition, people inflate his worth, seen it a million times.

How many times can they throw Mo/Mousasi together?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 6:11 pm

Jardine really doesn't make the division better, just bigger by one name recognizable fighter. Mo should wreck him but all bets are off with Jardine as the underdog. 170 and 205 are two divisions the UFC is far deeper at than the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Mo's first defense?...   King Mo's first defense?... Empty

Back to top Go down

King Mo's first defense?...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next