Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug Empty
PostSubject: Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug   Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:22 pm

I picked up the Ultimate MMA magazine and inside is an interview with Trigg who is basically shitting on himself he says, and i quote

"I had a chance to get the belt twice and lost to Hughes both times...definitively. My career is dismal. I was not a very good fighter. I was not a very good professional athlete. I didn't get to the top, I was never the best. Im never going to be pound for pound or in any Hall of Fame in any organization."

"But I wasnt very good to begin with. The guys I beat weren't very good, and the guys I lost to were.....and I lost to them horribly."

Atleast the Atlanta Falcons hired him as a conditioning coach
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug   Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:00 am

Got to appreciate the honesty, he obviously had a clear idea of the fighter he wanted to be and considers his career a failure because he never reached that goal.

Trigg should have tried going back to middleweight before he retired...he was doing pretty good there before he returned to Welterweight. Wins over Mayhem, Misaki and Vitale are nothing to scoff at.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug   Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:04 am

agree he said in the article he is done, he said If I cant beat the top 10 guys in the world I dont want to fight

he also said only way he wants to be involved in MMA is as an announcer and basically said there is no chacne he gets signed by UFC or any other org so he said he will jsut be a fan of the sport and spectator
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug   Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:05 am

Well, he's already working the DREAM shows on HDNet since he got cut.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug   Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:42 am

Man Frank was is hard on himself, sure he's right a little, but he was a solid fighter.

Good to see the Falcons hired him as conditioning coach, the NFL guys love MMA training it seems.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug   Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:32 am

Frank was a top WW and MW for many years, he's assbabbling because he is going through the throws of career death. It'll pass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug   Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:06 am

it was interesting though he was like, I knew Joe Silva was going to call on Monday I was waiting for it, he seemed sadder than I was, stuff like that

he said he has grown hair to make himself more tv friendly as well

no shame in losing to that Hughes and GSP
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug   Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:29 pm

I trained with Frank, He is a tough competitor and yeah a little hard on himself. His standup was never impressive even for a guy like me who isnt top level. I never felt there was anything grueling or special about sparring with him on the feet. NOw on the ground he had a nice way and a mean way of transistioning and holding wrestling positions. He could be a real hardass on the ground at times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug   Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug Empty

Back to top Go down

Somebody Give Frank Trigg a Hug
Page 1 of 1