Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract

Go down 
+5
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
joshkellerseattle
CombatSports4Life
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract Empty
PostSubject: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Fighters Only Magazine has a report that has surfaced with a couple of comments from Gegard Mousasi regarding the rumors that he was, in fact, misled by M-1 management regarding his contract offer from the UFC. Most notably, Mousasi doesn't exactly kill the rumor at all:

Gegard Mousasi has said he will honour his agreement with Strikeforce following recent reports that his management had misled him about the amount of money the UFC had offered him for his services.

"I am fighting in Strikeforce now and Scott has always been honest to me," Mousasi told Fighters Only today. "I have a contract with Strikeforce and I am going to honor that."

The DREAM double-champion then said that he did not wish to comment on allegations that his management had misled him about the value of the UFC offer.

I hate fueling the speculation animal, but if the rumors were completely out of this world... Mousasi would have likely stated that they were false. Instead, he has resorted to not commenting on the rumor.

It's admirable that even if Mousasi was misled by his management, he will honor the contract that he did eventually sign, even though it may have been due to the fact that the UFC numbers were actually altered when he looked at them. This does, however, bring up some interesting questions regarding M-1 and Fedor.

I hate to continue beating the whole Fedor issue like a dead horse here, but if these rumors do end up being completely true -- Fedor may also be a victim of M-1's management team misrepresenting numbers to him. Furthermore, M-1 may also be misrepresenting everything to Fedor. His drawing power, his international appeal, and even his stateside presence could be fabricated stories that have influenced Fedor's decision-making skills. Call me crazy, but I don't think of Fedor as someone who surfs BloodyElbow.com or the UG regularly.

Found it on bloodyelbow.com
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:38 pm

It's interesting that Mousasi himself doesn't shoot the rumors down. That either means he had no handlers around him when the comments were made or M-1 is just sloppy about covering up their dirty business.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:51 pm

yeah I thought it was really interesting that he didn't just flat out deny the rumors.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:05 pm

Fedor will ditch M-1 after this year is up I promise you. Then again maybe a Russian Dana White is preferable than an American one..
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Dana may be a lot of things, but liar doesn't seem like one of them. Just ask Tito.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Dana may be a lot of things, but liar doesn't seem like one of them. Just ask Tito.

I was going to flame you into oblivion with my venom-laced wolfrant ready to go, then I realized you had to be joking. Itchy trigger finger sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:03 pm

oh wolfy I'm just going to ignore you this time

M-1 is full of bitches...I hope Mousasi & Fedor come to their senses.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:35 pm

Thats pretty fucked up.

I don't think him not shooting it down valdiates it. He probabloy does not know the details of his offer, that does not tell us much about the details of UFC's contract offer.

It would be stupid for UFC to lowball him since i think he can easily be SECOND best LHW behind Machida , and he is another one of M-1's big guys so i could see M-1 wanting other things for Mousasi, and other things for Mousasi meaning other things for M-1.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:31 pm

M1 is just a bunch of fucking scum bags it seems
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:56 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

So you weren't joking? So Dana's not a liar? How about when he stepped on Evan Tanner's legacy when he said Tito never fought anyone tough since Chuck was his bodyguard, when Tito has many great wins and title defenses. Or when he used to say shit like "Fedor is a farce" and "not top ten HW" type shit?

Ya, Fedor is stupid to believe his countryman over some foul-mouthed foreign promoter who has been lying about him in the press for years.

I still think you were joking.

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:09 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

So you weren't joking? So Dana's not a liar? How about when he stepped on Evan Tanner's legacy when he said Tito never fought anyone tough since Chuck was his bodyguard, when Tito has many great wins and title defenses. Or when he used to say shit like "Fedor is a farce" and "not top ten HW" type shit?

Ya, Dana is stupid to believe his countryman over some foul-mouthed foreign promoter who has been lying about him in the press for years.

I still think you were joking.

First all those things you listed are opinion based stuff.

Second most the stuff you are talking about has more to do with him being a hot head and speaking in hyperboles.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:44 am

Telling the media Fedor isn't good is clearly a lie when the company throws record contracts at him both times behind closed doors. Dana lies about a lot of stuff. You are fucking tripping partner. Hardcore.
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Favorite Fighter(s) : Your Mom

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:44 pm

Tanner is a MW. Dana was right.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:05 pm

Tanner fought and won numerous fights at HW. It's dumb to say a fighter is a can because they fought in a weight class below.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 5:48 am

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2002215.html

Here are more details since there are actually people on here defending M-1 for some crazy reason.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:32 am

muayjitsu wrote:
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2002215.html

Here are more details since there are actually people on here defending M-1 for some crazy reason.

Ya, fuck M-1 for not letting their fighters out of their contracts and not walking away empty handed. Bastard commies.

M-1 responded to these claims saying the UFC only offered a one fight deal. I don't know what Strikeforce offered.

I think both sides have fucked up. The fight game is so dirty. Promoters are really all scumbags.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:04 am

This is true under the case of Fedor. Mousasi had just signed a contract to fight for affliction. At the very least he should have known the full details of what was offered to him.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:15 am

Hey guys. Just got done reading Bloody Elbow (love that site) and here is the deal -
M-1 told Gregard the UFC offered him 40k/40k. Because Mous trusts his management implicitly, he decided to call Joe Silva directly and found out that UFC never even offered anything. IF they offered something, Joe said they would have honored his Affliction contract (which was much more), but since he had a deal going with EA they declined to offer Mous anything.
So M-1 made up a lowball offer to influence him to sign with Strikeforce. They would have NEVER done that with Fedor though... right?
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:47 am

JRUQ they are blinded by communism
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract   M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract Empty

Back to top Go down

M-1 possibly lied to Mousasi about UFC contract
Page 1 of 1