Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?

Go down 
+6
Farmer1906
LA
Ninja
SOKO
GDPofDRC
LTFG
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? Empty
PostSubject: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:11 pm

http://www.5thround.com/29185/dana-white-working-on-something-for-georges-st-pierre-welterweight-division/

With welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre on the verge of lapping the entire 170-pound division after running through Dan Hardy on Saturday night, Dana White believes he has an ace in the hole for the division to keep things interesting.

“I’m working on something right now that I can’t talk to you guys about cause I don’t have it done yet,” White said regarding his plans for the winner of Josh Koscheck vs. Paul Daley at UFC 113.

Jon Fitch stated his interest in challenging St-Pierre once again, but White has other plans for Fitch first.

“I’m not kidding when I say that I would like to see [Josh] Koscheck fight [Jon] Fitch,” White admitted. “[They] talk about how bad they want title shots, just like Jon Fitch tonight, ‘I want that title so bad,’ really? How bad do you want it? You wanna fight Koscheck? He’s in your division and he’s one of the best.”

Like several other fighters before him, Fitch has vowed to never fight against a teammate. This isn’t the first time that Fitch has had an issue with White.

Back in November of 2008, Fitch was released by the UFC after not agreeing to terms of a contract for use of his likeness in video games.

Both Fitch and Koscheck train at the American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) in San Jose. Obviously, White wanting the teammates to fight for a #1 contenders slot would be contingent on Koscheck actually beating the explosive Daley in May.

One thing is certain though, White doesn’t care about any sacred pact that campmates may have.

“There’s no reason that two guys can’t go out and compete against each other and see who’s better and not be friends,” White explained. “It’s over man, this whole, ‘we don’t want to fight each other thing’ is over.”

When asked if he would pass on Fitch getting a title shot again if he wasn’t willing to fight a teammate, White told reporters, “Who knows? Maybe.”

He acts like he has something big, but there's really nothing interesting out there for GSP that we haven't seen. I mean, is he going to land Shields or Nick Diaz? Does either of those really sound all that interesting? With Shields we might get to see GSP keep it standing a bit more and perhaps end a fight upright? Diaz offers an interesting match-up IMO, but in all reality has very little chance to win. Sure, I'd love to watch GSP pummel Diaz as much as the next guy, but this isn't a big move. So what's that leave... Hieron? Been there, done that. GSP's ten times better than he was 6 years ago and Hieron's been padding his record by thumping hacks. Marius? He lost his shine when Diaz made him his bitch. One thing's for sure, it's obvious from his tone he still isn't looking at giving the fans the superfight with Anderson that most want to see...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:25 pm

The biggest thing that would surprise me is GSP coaching TUF with the other coach being Jake Shields (www.sadtrombone.com) or Anderson Silva (biggest surprise since Dana said he doesn't want it).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:30 pm

nah it will be tuf gsp vs ? us = fitch or kos. I doubt he would do can vs uk (daley)
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:35 pm

Not a bad idea. Theoretical Kos vs Fitch match to be a tuf coach against GSP as long as Daley doesn't mess it up.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:49 pm

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:29 pm

Wasn't thinking along the lines of TUF coaches. We just had to wait 8+ months to see GSP fight. I hope to hell Dana doesn't want to have GSP coach a season of TUF. It will be a complete waste... And would mean that we likely wouldn't see GSP fight for close to a year. I say fuck no...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:40 pm

I'm callin GSP vs. Sheilds TUF
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I'm callin GSP vs. Sheilds TUF

That was the rumor before Chuck and Tito
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:16 pm

It's gonna be Shields imo. Shields and DW have been talking very nice about eachother. I think Hendo was acually traded back in the day to protect Spider.

jk
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:44 am

GSP vs Shields makes sense. They need their poster boy to be impressive. This way GSP decides to stays standing in doesn't use his shields bjj to win fights via humping for 5 rounds again.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 2:36 am

Yeah but when Hendo jacks him up that idea will look less sexy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:23 am

I'm just thrilled that all signs point to GSP vs Spider NEVER happening. Like I said before I would much rather never know then have to tell people I told you so.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:46 am

GSP will have to fight Vladimir Matyushenko or Ryan Bader to find a challenge at this stage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?   What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP? Empty

Back to top Go down

What could Dana possibly have up his sleeve for GSP?
Page 1 of 1