Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ? Empty
PostSubject: James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ?   James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:14 am

There seems to be some trouble in paradise between junior middleweight contender James Kirkland and his trainer Ann Wolfe, a former female world champion who finished her career with a record of 24-1, 16KOs. Kirkland has been sitting in prison since April 2009 after pleading guilty to a charge of gun possession by a convicted felon. He is scheduled for release to a halfway house on October 2 and ring return is expected before the end of the year.

The pairing with Wolfe attracted a lot of media attention because Kirkland was one of the few fighters, in his position, being trained by a female. BoxingScene.com spoke with Kirkland's co-manager, Cameron Dunkin, who doesn't know the exact details of the internal dispute, but hopes everything can be worked out.

"Ann Wolfe called me and was upset. I don't know what's going on with her and James right now. They're having some problems that we have to work out. There's some bitterness," said Dunkin.

Dunkin would like to get Kirkland away from his hometown of Austin, Texas. During last year's trial for the firearm charge, the 26-year-old fighter informed the court that he was carrying a weapon because an unknown party had recently robbed him at gunpoint. If Kirkland and Wolfe can work out their issue, Dunkin believes she would relocate to continue training Kirkland.

"I have an obligation to the fighter to get him the bet training that I can," said Dunkin. "I don't want to have him there in Austin, where they grew up. I think that Ann would relocate. Ann's done an unbelievable job and I think hat she's terrific and we're all great friends."

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer expects big things from Kirkland once he gets out. Dunkin says the month of November is a realistic time period for Kirkland's return.

"This is a great weight class, and I think that there are some great fights there, and I think they can certainly use somebody in the weight class who brings excitement and danger in the ring like James does as a fighter," said Schaefer. "I think that the proper thing to do is to have an assessment fight where he can assess his stance right now, and together, with his management team, we can all, as a team, assess where he stands as a team."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28691
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ?   James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:38 am

thats too bad

Wolfe seemed really nice when i met her, wonder if she trains anyone else of mention?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ?   James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:07 am

I just hope Kirkland gets things in order when he gets out. He needs to understand he has to get away from all the guys he knew growing up. He needs to live a rather boring lifestyle for the next 3-4 years (the prime of his boxing career). Make as much money and noise in boxing as possible.

Hopefully they get the situation with Wolfe worked out. Those two seemed to work well together.

He is getting out and can hopefully have a total tomato can comeback fight before year end. Then another (slightly better can) early next year. Line up a FNF type fighter for April or so to see where Kirkland is at. If all goes well, HBO BAD type fight next summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ?   James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:07 pm

How is Anne Wolfe as a trainer? How polished is Kirkland? Does she give good corner advice? I haven't seen Kirkland fight and don't plan to til he steps in the ring again.
Back to top Go down
Mightytitan5
Mightytitan5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Paul Williams, Chad Dawson, Miguel Cotto, JMM

PostSubject: Re: James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ?   James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Kirkland definitely will add some spark @ the 154 division. Ann wolf is a great trainer but he's a GBP fighter now. Do I hear Freddie Roach in the near future..............Hmmm possibility
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ?   James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 5:03 am

Mightytitan5 wrote:
Kirkland definitely will add some spark @ the 154 division. Ann wolf is a great trainer but he's a GBP fighter now. Do I hear Freddie Roach in the near future..............Hmmm possibility

I was thinking more along the lines of Ronnie Shields.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ?   James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:09 am

It all depends on Kirkland's discipline, he won't improve unless he's willing to learn.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ?   James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Kirkland should be in pretty good shape when he gets out of prison, I mean WTF is there to do in prison besides train.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ?   James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ? EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 am

Ring wrote:
Kirkland should be in pretty good shape when he gets out of prison, I mean WTF is there to do in prison besides train.

I read the opposite, that James beefed up to about 200lb in prison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ?   James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ? Empty

Back to top Go down

James Kirkland and Anne Wolfe trouble in paradise ?
Page 1 of 1