Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jz_hova
White Belt
White Belt

Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? Empty
PostSubject: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:00 pm

I mean he is talented for sure but his defense is suspect. I think he gets beat easy by a good counter puncher. what do you think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Am I a fan ? not really but I do enjoy Kirkland's style, he's entertaining.

And yes I could definitely see Kirkland losing to a counter puncher or a smart methodical boxer like Sergei D.

All I am hoping for is that we get to see James Kirkland go to war with Alfredo Angulo next year.
Back to top Go down
dbudge87
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:19 pm

angulo vs kirkland will be a war. Kirkland has some rebuilding to do though, let's see what he's got because before jail he hadn't really stepped up in class
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Brandon Vera was able to tag him too easily with his right hand, he'll need to adapt once he nears a title shot.

Hopefully this spat he's having with Anne Wolfe means a better trainer will take over the reigns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:33 pm

Angulo vs Kirkland is a fight fans dream. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Sergei D boxes his ears off.

I think Angulo wins a war of attrition as he has the better chin.
Back to top Go down
jz_hova
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Am I a fan ? not really but I do enjoy Kirkland's style, he's entertaining.

And yes I could definitely see Kirkland losing to a counter puncher or a smart methodical boxer like Sergei D.

All I am hoping for is that we get to see James Kirkland go to war with Alfredo Angulo next year.

cute sig Ali Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:01 pm

I think Martinez, PW and Sergieyrbdjejdhe D all box this guys ears off. I also don't think Kirkland is crafty enough to have one punch KO effect as his opponents see it coming. Also, we have to see if Kirkland can still make 154. It might be in his best interest to move up since an aging Martinez is there and Pavlik looks like crap and PW seems to want to fight Floyd, Kirkland might do well at 160...MAYBE.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Kirkland needs at least 2 fights before stepping into any deep waters. he hasn't fought since Spring 09.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:50 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Kirkland needs at least 2 fights before stepping into any deep waters. he hasn't fought since Spring 09.

That's par for the course for fighters nowadays cheers
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:16 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Very true, very true.

If I were managing Kirkland, I would get him the first fight in December (against a bum). Then get him a tailor made journeyman set up for late January. Follow that up with a top 30 guy in early March. Get him basically in the gym from October-March, with 3 fights against increasing competition. If all goes well, then you get him a big fight thereafter.

Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:33 pm

captainanddew wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Very true, very true.

If I were managing Kirkland, I would get him the first fight in December (against a bum). Then get him a tailor made journeyman set up for late January. Follow that up with a top 30 guy in early March. Get him basically in the gym from October-March, with 3 fights against increasing competition. If all goes well, then you get him a big fight thereafter.

No no no that wont leave anytime for the heartfealt documentaries about Kirklands struggles with his inner deamons and his rise above through boxing and the daughter that he will have. I don't even know if he's got a kid or not but the cliche is that he does. All that boxing you're talking about cuts into that mushy stuff.

In all seriousness I agree, activity is the key with this guy. He's so raw as it is a jail bid was the worst thing that could happen for a guy like him. He needs to fight at least six times this calendar year in order for him to be ready for the top guys in any division.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:59 am

Call me nuts but I could see Kirkland wearing down Williams. He's not got great footwork and would be foolish enough to stand infront of Kirkland, remember how close the Margarito fight was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?   Ali are you a James Kirkland fan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ali are you a James Kirkland fan?
Page 1 of 1