Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring Empty
PostSubject: Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring   Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:08 am

Former two time world lightweight champion Jose Luis Castillo decided to take another chance and made a recent return to the ring with a unanimous decision victory over Roberto Valenzuela in eight rounds at 142 pounds.

The latest fight took place at the Municipal Auditorium in Tijuana and was part of an event to support the Glove Azteca Tournament with over 3,000 people supporting the event sanctioned by the Commission of Tijuana Boxing.

A fight where both fighters are from Sonora, saw Castillo reach the 60th victory in his career, including 52 by knockout, with 10 defeats and one draw.

"I felt good, the truth is I wanted to prove something to myself. I wanted to prove that my performance on March 13 in Arlington was a bad night, and now I want the opportunity to fight for a world championship at super lightweight. It is my goal for this year," said Castillo, who looked in excellent shape.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28684
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring   Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:39 am

if he wants to stay in shape and fight nobodies in Tijuana then so be it. I don't see anyone of note fighting him here in the states.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring   Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:25 am

Khan is likely interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring   Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:56 am

Canvas wrote:

How dare you, take that back at once !
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring   Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:41 am

Canvas wrote:

LMAO!

Schaefer is dialing Castillo as we speak
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring   Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:42 pm

Castillo needs the money. He will fight until he can't get licensed. That shouldn't be the situation as he should have saved his money, but apparently he is in deep financial trouble.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring   Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:50 pm

unfortunetly castillios phone will be busy..he will get 3 or 4 or more calls from the top 10 in that division including kirklands folks for a late nov fight.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring   Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:52 pm

im joking on the kirkland thing but the calls will pour in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring   Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring Empty

Back to top Go down

Jose Luis Castillo unable to keep away from the ring
Page 1 of 1