Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Showtime vs HBO

Go down 
+2
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Showtime vs HBO Empty
PostSubject: Showtime vs HBO   Showtime vs HBO EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:55 pm

I know we are MMA fans here, and even if we like boxing we lean much heavier towards mma, but in the battle of major cable networks, HBO has long held a major advanatage, and their boxing stable, at least for a good stretch that emcompassed much of the 90's, played a fairly significant role.

But HBO's reluctance to get into the MMA game(a major error in judgement that im sure has roots in some biased boxing guys at the top) and the strikeforce showtime marriage that continues to take major steps fwd I could really see showtime making a serious run at HBO.

If it wasn't before, with Fedor, Showtime is an absolute must for MMA fans.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Showtime vs HBO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime vs HBO   Showtime vs HBO EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:57 pm

Ya I ordered shotime a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Showtime vs HBO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime vs HBO   Showtime vs HBO EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:40 pm

Showtime has already made a run at HBO with shows like Weeds and Dexter while HBO is in the midst of having a lot of great shows go off the air within the last few years. True Blood is becoming a big hit though. The vast majority of boxing fans have both HBO and Showtime considering there are fights on both. Not sure yet what kind of impact Strikeforce will have in the battle between these networks
Back to top Go down

Showtime vs HBO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime vs HBO   Showtime vs HBO EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:02 pm

Showtime lately has been trumping HBO in the boxing game with the Izzy vs Marqueaz trilogy and showing european boxers like Carl Froch,Lucian Bute and Arthur Abraham.

The Super Middleweight tournament is a superb idea from Showtime it shows they have ambition for the sport.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

Showtime vs HBO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime vs HBO   Showtime vs HBO EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:09 pm

captain organic wrote:
I know we are MMA fans here, and even if we like boxing we lean much heavier towards mma, but in the battle of major cable networks, HBO has long held a major advanatage, and their boxing stable, at least for a good stretch that emcompassed much of the 90's, played a fairly significant role.

But HBO's reluctance to get into the MMA game(a major error in judgement that im sure has roots in some biased boxing guys at the top) and the strikeforce showtime marriage that continues to take major steps fwd I could really see showtime making a serious run at HBO.

If it wasn't before, with Fedor, Showtime is an absolute must for MMA fans.

Showtime right now is taking over big time IMO. they have good shows, the boxing and MMA crowd. HBO's big problem is they are stuck in the past. They have talked about getting MMA for a very long time. Once upon a time they tried to get the UFC but they wanted to much control. Don king also talked about getting into the MMA game and was going to have his brand on HBO. I haven't heard anything more about that for months now though. It just seems to me like showtime is making all the right moves while HBO is completely stuck in the past.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

Showtime vs HBO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime vs HBO   Showtime vs HBO EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:35 pm

Still don't have showtime
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

Showtime vs HBO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime vs HBO   Showtime vs HBO EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 3:17 am

HBO's 24/7 is what sets up their huge fights. All huge fights have HBO backing them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Showtime vs HBO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime vs HBO   Showtime vs HBO Empty

Back to top Go down

Showtime vs HBO
Page 1 of 1