Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Green dont belong in the tourney

Go down 
+4
gomez1012
Canvas
powerpuncher
dmar5143
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

Green dont belong in the tourney Empty
PostSubject: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:31 pm

i was rooting for him tonight and his performance was extra pathetic..the excuses dont fly..first hes a lazy lax fighter..threw pawing jabs when he tossed one..noo right hands or combos at all..he lulled himself to sleep..he was amaturish in falling for every simple basic feight..he displayed no sence of urgentcy which should of came in round 5...he cant fight on the inside with a quality fighter..did nothing to control the center of the ring...i had the first round even cause noo one did anything at all in my thoughts to deserve that round..if he fights like this against kessler he will get koed..he cant slip punches and against abraham that will be fatal..dittrell will slap him all over the ring...all talk no action and a huge disappointment..koing mediocre talent is one thing fighting top fighters hes done..funtimently a amatuer..im disappointed but he stunk out the joint and made ward look like superman..
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:15 am

like i said, i think a big problem for him is that he hasnt fought any good fighters in his career so now that he stepped up, he didnt know what to do. hopefully he learns from this fight and will make the kessler fight more competitive and exciting.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 2:05 am

I tried to tell you all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:57 am

It was ugly. I hope he does well against Kessler. If he can bounce back against Kessler maybe he can make some noise. But right now it doesnt look good.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:12 am

Green doesn't make it to the final bell vs Kessler.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:56 am

Canvas wrote:

kinda what im thinking after last night, he couldnt get anything off

Against nobodies he can, now vs the top of division (like vs Miranda), its over
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Canvas wrote:
I am calling Green by KO 6.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:51 pm

sooner my sympathy for you...kessler picks him apart and controls the center of the ring ..lands solid shots on a guy who keeps his left low throws a slow lazy jab and cant slip a punch..greens only chance is a lucky shot..kessler eats him up and im not impressed by kessler at all..green with be a catcher in that fight.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:53 pm

greens training for a few new excuses..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:38 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
sooner my sympathy for you...kessler picks him apart and controls the center of the ring ..lands solid shots on a guy who keeps his left low throws a slow lazy jab and cant slip a punch..greens only chance is a lucky shot..kessler eats him up and im not impressed by kessler at all..green with be a catcher in that fight.
Hey I gotta support my guy. I am a pretty loyal fan. Hell I am a raiders fan. LOL
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:42 pm

Hopefully he'll drop down to at least #5 in your P4P rankings.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:44 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:
lol. Mark, I'm now done making fun of Green. Sorry about that, I just had to get it off my chest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Canvas wrote:
NBrooks5 wrote:
lol. Mark, I'm now done making fun of Green. Sorry about that, I just had to get it off my chest.
LOL its ok I knew it was going to happen. But hey the guy deserves it after last night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 1:55 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:
Maybe around 4 now. Just above Ward. LOL
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 2:55 pm

sooner your a great sport..all of us know how it feels when one of our favorites get beat..wheather its boxing or baseball or football.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:38 pm

ya sooners keep your head up, i lived through this . you can make it

Green dont belong in the tourney Ortiz_shamrock

and this

Green dont belong in the tourney Mma_shamrock_ortiz_300

Green dont belong in the tourney Mma_ortiz_shamrock1_sw_576

all i wanted was this

Green dont belong in the tourney Ken_shamrock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:36 pm

What happened to Green though?

This had shades of Pacquiao-De La Hoya to me. When Ward was the bigger guy at the weigh in I knew Green was in trouble. I thought Green's best shot was to be the bigger, stronger man. Physically, he looked bad before the fight even started.

I don't think he deserves to have any excuses because it's his job as a professional to show up prepared and fight. He acted like he was still confident, and there's plenty he can learn from this fight. If he can come in bigger and in shape, I think he has a shot with Kessler.

Based on that performance he doesn't belong in the tourney, but I still think he's better than Bika. He'll match up much better with Kessler and it's for a title, so if he doesn't bring it in that fight he might as well retire.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:52 pm

It is possible he overtrained, but that is his fault. By this point in your career, you and your trainer should know how to peak, not train too much.

The big thing I see isn't his physical condition. It is his mental state. He has alot of nervious energy/anxiety in the ring. He has looked tentative in most of the fights I've watched. He just doesn't look comfortable in the ring. He doesn't throw alot of punches as well.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 8:30 pm

hopefully after this fight under his belt, he will be more focused and calm for the fight with kessler.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 8:37 pm

He had no nervous energy. He just looked completely flat. He generally has power, but he didn't show any of that against Ward. The punches he threw were without conviction. He landed one good punch, an uppercut to the body, in the entire fight.

He didn't fight to win. If it's physical preparedness it's something he can fix, if it's mental preparedness it'll be much harder. I'm not going to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the way he fought, but just based on the way he looked I think some of it had to do with the way he trained, so I won't completely write him off yet.

Last edited by Gumby on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:56 am

dmar5143 wrote:
sooner your a great sport..all of us know how it feels when one of our favorites get beat..wheather its boxing or baseball or football.
Hey i am not one of those people who can only dish out the shit talking I can take it as well. To me thats the fun of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:59 am

Bird I fell ya. I hated watching that bitch Tito kick his ass.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Green is a sore loser and I can't wait to see Kessler beat the balls off of him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:53 am

captainanddew wrote:
It is possible he overtrained, but that is his fault. By this point in your career, you and your trainer should know how to peak, not train too much.

The big thing I see isn't his physical condition. It is his mental state. He has alot of nervious energy/anxiety in the ring. He has looked tentative in most of the fights I've watched. He just doesn't look comfortable in the ring. He doesn't throw alot of punches as well.

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green dont belong in the tourney   Green dont belong in the tourney Empty

Back to top Go down

Green dont belong in the tourney
Page 1 of 1