Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations

Go down 
+3
captainanddew
Canvas
4445Frank
7 posters
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations Empty
PostSubject: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:41 pm

Source says that Mayweather is now pricing himself out by demanding a 60 -40 split. If this is confirmed by either camp, I think it's safe to say that Floyd wants no part of Manny. Also, though Oscar De La Hoya's words were enlightening, the source says he's not even playing a minor role in the fight negociations and would not be privy to any important information.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Now PacBoy can go fight Margacheato and get 500-600K buys.

Floyd can fight the middleweight champ and get over a million.

I do not believe this fight will happen.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:34 pm

It has been reported by several sources that Floyd has asked for a larger share than Pac.

As for ODH, a few boxing writers have noticed that he seems disinterested in the promtion game. Missing fights his company promotes and when he shows he acts like he'd rather be elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:51 pm

frank both things sound unrealitistic.oscar may leave negociations to shaffer and company but to state he will not be kepted informed of whats going on i cannot believe especialy since hes majority owner of golden boy..for floyd to demand 60 percent i also find unexceptable..if thats truly the case then 1.hes backing out of the fight with manny2.tell him to get lost..if hes so big why does he need golden boy in the first place to promote his fights..let him and his shell-phoney promotional company promote the next fight and put up the money guarentees..floyd may be extra arragant but i dont believe hes that stupid..60 percent is out of line.

doesnt anyone have priniciples anymore....whos the sourse frank..if you cannot name the sourse is it realy someone totaly in the know...i dont want to see manny and margarito fight but rather he and berto...canvas BOTH fighters will fight for far less ppv moneys if the fight goes nowhere..if manny fought SM the ppv buys would exceed by far a million and if floyd fought margo the ppv buys would be less than a million also..the ppv stuff is getting to be BS..manny and floyd have similar drawing power maybe a slight edge to floyd cause mnany wish to see him lose unlike manny who many wish to see him win..
i just feel this report is not accurate..i hope for once im right...if it is accurate then end the negociations NOW.STOP JERKING OFF FIGHT FANS.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:52 pm

thats why they should have fought the first time around rather than letting mayweather get another win and demand more money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:00 pm

We knew this was going to happen as soon as Mayweather vs Mosley got 1.4 million buys.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:08 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
We knew this was going to happen as soon as Mayweather vs Mosley got 1.4 million buys.
...yes far less then the foolish 4 million shaffer predicted and far less then the 1.8 to 2 million i predicted..for a fight that was promoted far greater than anyother fight in history per shaffer with all the tie ins with advertizments with sponsors the internet hbos 24-7 all the radio n newspaper adds etc etc and a well known crediable oponent like mosley the fight was a flop compared to the pac-clottey fight that litterly had none of that..52-48 or 53-47 split is fair..anything beyound is not..i think franks sourse is pulling his leg..arum would of stoped negotiations if the demand was 60 percent.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:12 pm

dmar, the source turned out to be somewhat correct. I hope this link works for you. http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28614 / If not, just search Boxingscene.com.

Last edited by 4445Frank on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:18 pm

I won't be convinced that Floyd is scared until Manny puts aside his pride and calls Floyd's bluff, and by that I mean just saying I want this fight I'll agree to whatever is on the table. If Manny done that and Floyd pulled some bull droppings then I'll agree he's scared.

Yes I know Manny shouldn't have to cave into the demands, but it would say alot about his character if he just simply agreed.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
I won't be convinced that Floyd is scared until Manny puts aside his pride and calls Floyd's bluff, and by that I mean just saying I want this fight I'll agree to whatever is on the table. If Manny done that and Floyd pulled some bull droppings then I'll agree he's scared.

Yes I know Manny shouldn't have to cave into the demands, but it would say alot about his character if he just simply agreed.
Ali, who is the most fearless fighter in your memory? Muhammad Ali? If that's your answer, we park our car in the same garage. Would Ali ever give in to such crazy demands? Pacquiao is the most exciting fighter in boxing. No fighter, Leonard, Holyfield, Lewis, would agree to such outrageous demands. MW is practicing the art of "pricing yourself out." It's reserved for men who are frightened to fight other men.

Last edited by 4445Frank on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:25 pm

amazing..thanks frank.1. i give arum credit for attemting to keep this out of the press and keeping his word thus far..2.this article is realy slapping oscar in the face.i didnt expect him to negotiate but DO expect him to be well informed..this implies different3.it seems the pac folks are trying hard to make the fight..floyd is not.4.im sure shaffer is attemting to reason with him then relays floyds folks ansers..5. there is like everyone said huge money involved.and for floyd to blow this by standing firm on 60 percent if that happens then guys have some balls and prinicples..doo not promote him in any fight.this is not anti floyd its strong business principles..you want to blow the biggest fight ever..go ahead.we can make money without you..
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:28 pm

frank i agree..ali its a two way street..why doesnt floyd say ok to the 3 proposals mannys folks gave and im sure 1 of them was giving floyd a little more than manny..whos being unresonable here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Oscar seems to be really not involved with Golden Boy anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:32 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
frank i agree..ali its a two way street..why doesnt floyd say ok to the 3 proposals mannys folks gave and im sure 1 of them was giving floyd a little more than manny..whos being unresonable here.

Look I agree with both of you, but Mayweather is not the kind of guy who's willing to compromise. If Manny just flat out agreed to the offer and Mayweather still refused, he'd look like a complete fool. With the recent pay per view numbers he's got a right to adjust the purse split.
Back to top Go down
nano212
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
nano212

Favorite Fighter(s) : JMM, Rafaell Marquez, Pac and David Haye

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Hope they get together on the drug testing cut off date, also when Oscar fought other stars that were filling up arenas and getting healthy PPV sales in their own fights did he ever do 50-50?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 9:25 pm

What do people think the split should be?

What do people think the split will actually be?
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 9:42 pm

I still say 50-50 for draw, 55-45 for a win, 60-40 for a KO.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 2:24 am

it wont happen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Gumby wrote:
What do people think the split should be?

What do people think the split will actually be?
50-50 to both questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations   Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations Empty

Back to top Go down

Trusted source on the Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao negotiations
Page 1 of 1