Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao

Go down 
+5
ChaoscamelWV
captain organic
Birdofthad
NoRegret
bobbitt15
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao Empty
PostSubject: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:00 am

Floyd Mayweather says he is ready for a mega-money fight with Manny Pacquiao and believes the new WBO welterweight champion is "one-dimensional".

Pacquiao cemented his claim to be the best pound-for-pound fighter on the planet when he stopped Miguel Cotto in Las Vegas on Sunday.

Immediately after the Pac Man's triumph at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, trainer Freddie Roach put Mayweather in the Filipino's sights.

But Mayweather has already upped the stakes ahead of any match-up, saying Pacquaio lacks the variety to trouble him.

In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports' Adam Smith, the American said: "The thing is with Pacquaio I don't see any versatility as a fighter; he's a good puncher but just one-dimensional."

Mayweather also believes he is on a hiding to nothing in taking on the fight and would be expected to win easily.

"I'm in a no-win situation. If I beat Manny Pacquaio do you know what they are going to say? 'You are supposed to beat him, you are Floyd Mayweather, you are the bigger man'. If I knock him out they'll say 'you're supposed to knock him out he's been knocked out before'.

"I'm in a no-win situation and when I beat him no one is going to be surprised because he's been beaten before; whatever I do to Pacquaio has been done before - he's been beaten on three occasions. And if I knock him out I don't want the world shouting because he's been knocked out twice before.

"The world's going to go 'wow' if Floyd Mayweather gets beaten. That's what everyone is looking to see."

Pacquaio was reticent to talk about his plans for future fights in the immediate aftermath of his victory over Cotto, saying: "My job is to fight in the ring and I think that depends on (Top Rank's Bob) Arum my promoter to negotiate that fight. I'm just going to take a vacation first and spend time with my family and have fun."

Mayweather thinks the Filipino is running scared.

"When they asked Manny Pacquaio 'would you like to fight Floyd Mayweather' he said talk to my promoter; they didn't ask your promoter they asked you, what do you want to do?

"Manny Pacquaio was asked the same question 'do you want to fight Floyd Mayweather' three times. This is something the world is trying to force on him. If he wants to fight Floyd Mayweather all he has to do is step up to the plate."

What is certain is should the fight go ahead, both men will enjoy a bumper pay-day although publicly Mayweather has said he would only fight Pacquiao if he got the lion's share of any purse.

And should the two men meet, Pretty Boy knows he will be in for another cash windfall.

"If I go out and make $60-75million in one night; come on - I'm not losing."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_5697507,00.html

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:21 pm

LMFAO. Floyd acting like he's the tough guy and Pac is trying to duck him. God I fuckin hate him.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 3:57 pm

Mayweather will have some sort of "injury" here real soon im sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:08 am

I added the video interview.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:11 am

I cant wait word is it will be here in dallas WOOO HOOO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:47 am

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2010 is going to be huge.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:31 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao 2010 is going to be huge.

humongous. I had thought Manny would have trouble at these higher weights, never thought he would pose a real threat to floyd, but he looks stronger then ever, I might actually pick him.
Back to top Go down
ChaoscamelWV
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ChaoscamelWV

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, Shogun, Henderson, GSP, Florian

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:38 am

I saw on the ESPN site that Pacquiao did say he wanted to fight Floyd. I'll see if I can find the link. Anyways, they've both called each other out...i guess?

http://www.ktla.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=78c7abd0-0c9d-41d4-abef-199d042a81b3
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:32 pm

I would actually take Money Mayweather to win, but I'll be cheering for Pac.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:28 pm

Mayweather will win but it will be 1 hell of a fight.
Back to top Go down
ChaoscamelWV
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
ChaoscamelWV

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, Shogun, Henderson, GSP, Florian

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:42 pm

Actually, I'd pick Manny in this one. Floyd will land a higher percentage of punches, but I think Manny actually gets to Floyd and outworks him. Will be a great fight though
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 9:45 am

already making excuses go figure. " I am in a lose lose battle" GTFO floyd pac man has got 7 belts in 7 different weight classes so no your not supossed to just beat him. Floyds ego is so big he is always in a lose lose battle in his opinion. fuck floyd once and for all and WAR PACMAN. This will be the first boxing match I rent since the oscar and floyd fight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 6:02 pm

Yeah I dont get the whole lose lose thing!! If Floyd knocks out Pac Man no 1 is gonna say he did it cause Pac wasnt very good. Thats just stupid.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 4:02 pm

Just 1 year ago any boxing fan would be outraged that Floyd wants to fight Pac and its a mismatch etc. but now many fans are picking him as the favorite.

Amazing how far Pac has come in his career.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:28 pm

It better not be the same night as shogun machida II cause I will be recording ufc and watching a boxing match for the first time in two years. war pacman
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:58 pm

I got Mayweather winning this fight. I want Pac to win but dont see it happening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao   Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao Empty

Back to top Go down

Floyd Mayweather Jr Says He's Ready For Pacquiao
Page 1 of 1