Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

sf discussion

Go down 
+10
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
acccardinal12
Cu Bu
OU
josh200612
LA
Birdofthad
GolbeZ
captain organic
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

sf discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:42 am

The only rd Robbie fought like that was the 3rd.

1st - Babalu pushing him against the fence landing knees, weak but they count, 2 takedowns, striking was even enough RD -Babalu

2nd - Easily Babalu, kicks kicks kicks RD - Babalu

3rd - Robbie won the rd, but it was closer than I thought it'd be, RD - Lawler
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:43 am

If a takedown get ur opponent down, it counts for something, even if you don't do much
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:45 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Robbie thinks he's way better than he is, that his problem as a fighter

And alan Belcher is ready to challenge Spider?

Fighters need to have confidence in their abilities.

I didn't see ego playing a role here tonight.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:46 am

I did, he should have pushed it more, but probably thought he'd finish it at one point anyways, plus all that faking he's hurt bullshit.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:49 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Babalu just called out Hendo.
and..................... he will get his ass kicked!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:51 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
If a takedown get ur opponent down, it counts for something, even if you don't do much

of coarse they count, and how much they count imo depends on how the rest of the rnd went, if it was an otherwise even rnd, then they are a tipping point, and that was the case here. imo lawler took the striking in the rd, but if someone wants to say the takedowns and the work against the fence overtake the small adv Lawler had in the striking, I'd be ok with that. but I could see it going the other way.

I think bottom line is, the kicks to the ribs had Lawler fightng at a severe disadvantage for 2/3's of the fight. they were obviously hurting in that 2nd, and caused him to be uncharacteristically inactive.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:53 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I did, he should have pushed it more, but probably thought he'd finish it at one point anyways, plus all that faking he's hurt bullshit.

I think the rib's, and the reach, hampered his ability to push the fight.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:54 am

I don't even remember Lawler having such a big striking advantage in the 1st at all
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:13 am

captain organic wrote:
I thought the 1st was close, the work against the fence didn't cause much damage, the takedowns resulted in nothing. I thought Lawler had the edge boxing, but Babalu was a bit more diverse in the striking. Im cool with the decision, but thought it was close.

yes!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:17 am

First off I want to puke over this gay ass production. It is horrible! From the gay ass techno music to the stupid ass interviews with Mauron. He has pedaphile eyes and I want to punch him very bad. I hate his voice even worse than his pedaphile eyes. Just because he was in Pride for a bit, doesn't mean he gets a pass to continue. He sucks ass in every way.

Please, Please Strikeforce get a music deal of some kind or fire the guy who is doing the music. It is atrocious and I would rather hear sounds from a Jungle than all that gay techno crap. I felt embarrassed for them.

I don't mind the interviews in the crowd, but I have seen podunk wrasslers and arasslin commentators do a better job. Again fire MAURON RUINILLO!

On a good note Pat Militetch was in the house! Maybe no more Gus? 1 down, 1 to go Strikeforce.

To the fights.

Only saw the last part of Noons vs hamburger face so oh well. A few more wins from Noons and he could be fighting Gilbert. Good Luck with that!

Next fight was the highlight of the night. A Green Beret wins against a decent name and he is on his way with another decent win. I was impressed. Prangley had a nice throw, but nothing else.

Dream called and they said they DON'T want their WW Champ back! Nuff said about that. Cyborg was kinda hot tonight though. First time I have seen her and thought I would tap it. (I know LA thought Cyborg looked nice and trimmed down, her hubby that is!)

To the main event! Robbie gave that fight away. If he had fought the whole fight like he did in the 3rd round he would have won. The judges were right and Babalu got the win. Why did they say either would get a title shot? Pathetic! Babalu wouldn't even be fighting in SF if his name was John Wright. He sucks ass and is barely, no not even top 20. Lawler is the same way.

This card needed another good fight on it, or to not even be done if I am thinking like a SF businessman. As a fan I saw some petty good fights, but the production still pissed me off bad.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:24 am

Oh and Babalu calling Hendo out was not only dumb on his part, but it was scripted imo.

(I know conspiracy again.)

Me thinking what the fans want is why I say this. Do we really want the guy who has been beaten in almost every big fight he has been in, and just got KTFO by a guy who got beaten by your current champ to get that shot?
Or do you tell him to call a guy out over a fight he had in the past like a grudge match?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:25 am

I think gus only does the real big sf cards beast. Mauro gets the rest. I agree on Mauro, he tries to make himself the show, the stupid one liners, the over the top voice, if he toned it down he'd be fine, but he is way way over the top.

I actually like Gus, but he's still green.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:32 am

i started getting real annoyed by Maura on that card were someone (I think it was Miletich ) misspole and Mauro corrected him and was laughing, then corrected a fighter about the guys weight class and then did the Michael Jackson laugh i was like wtf?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:51 am

Did Mauro call Pat the Croatian Sensation?

I really enjoyed the card. All the fights delivered.

Noons-Heun was awesome. I love watching KJ fight...i like the sound his punches make, it almost sounds like i'm watching a movie when he lands a clean one, it makes that sound like some post editing was done to make it sound as devastating as possible. Anyway, Heun is really skilled...i remember he used to be a highly touted prospect but never really lived up...you can see the skills he has but unfortunately he always loses fights like these. Noons almost got robbed. The judge that scored it 30-27 Heun is on crack. Heun won the first round with very productive ground work but KJ EASILY won the next two. Heun's face was a mess.

Kennedy looked top notch. Prangley is not somebody you pick up and slam, and then dominate him for a minute and tap him out. Kennedy is a bad motherfucker.

Zaromskis is one of the dumbest fighters in MMA. Between him standing there and taking over 40 knees to his legs without trying to improve position in the Diaz fight, to telegraphing a flying knee and getting his ass knocked out against Cyborg..the guy is a complete dumbass and is not even a notable in my welterweight rankings anymore. I think Zaromskis is a good fighter, and i think when he was not over committing he was doing really good tonight but what the fuck was going through his head? Not only did Cyborg knock his ass out, if Zaromskis pulled that lame ass move in any typical bar fight, he'd probably get knocked out by some Affliction T-shirt wearing drunk as well.

Babalu-Lawler was really good. Scored right. I had it 29-28 Babalu as well. His kicks did a lot of damage. You can see a huge as blood red mark under Lawler's armpit. It's pretty clear what the blueprint on Lawler is...kicks. Also, i like that Babalu challenged Henderson. It means that Babalu is likely moving to MW where i want to see him and it sets up a pretty good fight between Henderson-Sobral...which is an ideal fight for Henderson coming off a loss as well.

Too bad Bobbeh Lashley did not fight on this card.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 5:23 am

Look at this...Babalu toes are imprinted on Lawlers ribs...impressive kicks.

sf discussion - Page 3 4708630290_d82a0a49f5_o
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 5:57 am

I just now watched it at 5 in the morning after falling asleep last night. Marius is a total fucking dumbass. Unbelievably stupid
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:29 am

babalu rounds 1 and 2 and a close third. close fight could of went either way but babalu's kicks and take downs won the fight regardless of robbie landing some solid punches.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:36 am

I think Robbie did more damage and landed better shots in round 1. If you want to say those weak takedown that resulted in less then 10 seconds on the ground cancelled that out and call round 1 a draw I guess I could see it. But I don't see Babalu winning round 1. I think Robbie was just better last night. That was some nice damage to Robbie's ribs but look at Babalu's face...Robbie did plenty of damage himself.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:08 am

excellent find King's. that's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:10 am

can anyone find a pic of Babalu's face post fight?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:26 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

he was beat up, but not brutally.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:29 am

captain organic wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

he was beat up, but not brutally.

Babalu's face was still worse then Robbie's body. Robbie did more damage, that was my point. He had a few marks on his face, a couple cuts and some swelling. Robbie landed way more damaging shots IMO.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:30 am

I really think RObbie rested on his laurels. He was not active enough in the first few rounds and refuses to put his punches together. He may have been the aggressor but his footwork kept him ones step behind Renato the whole night. I like robbie and big punchers but he needs to change the footwork and pace to be at the top.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:32 am

sf discussion - Page 3 Strikeforcela0016
A banged-up "Babalu" after his Strikeforce: "Los Angeles" win over "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:32 am

Great pic to prove my point. Robbie inflicted way more damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sf discussion   sf discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

sf discussion
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next