Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crocop's next move?

Go down 
+10
acccardinal12
Farmer1906
SOKO
bobbitt15
CombatSports4Life
killerofchicken
LA
Ninja
NoRegret
Wolfgangsta
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Crocop's next move? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crocop's next move?   Crocop's next move? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:43 pm

still though, how cool is that axe kick!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Crocop's next move?   Crocop's next move? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I take it back actually. I just read a bloodyelbow article where CC is again babbling how he is too old and isn't hungry anymore. He doesn't even know if he wants a new UFC contract.

Bigs may be right after all.

What? What about this article?
http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/13/1515840/ufc-quick-quote-youre-wrong-if-you
Quote :
"I wanted to prove to everyone that I'm not old and they are wrong. My preparation for this fight was the hardest it has been my entire life. I want the grand prix in 2006 with Pride, but tonight, my condition was better.... I was really dedicated.... I never felt so comfortable [inside the cage] in my career.... Pat caught me twice -- the punches were good ... especially the second one. It was good, but I was able to stand up right away. And I just felt a pain in my eye -- that's all I felt. I wasn't dizzy, just had a little double vision for about 10 seconds. Later on I was okay. I was just doing my thing, trying to involve him in the clinch to get him tired, take him down and to finish him.... I just felt good this time to tell you the truth."

posted yesterday morning
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Crocop's next move?   Crocop's next move? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:52 pm

How many times in the last two years has he threatened to retire... 3 or 4 at least, right?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Crocop's next move?   Crocop's next move? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:55 pm

CC always does this. He said he was too old after Gonzaga, then he wasn't. Then he was. The point is as long as he has those thoughts he will be too old.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Crocop's next move?   Crocop's next move? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I take it back actually. I just read a bloodyelbow article where CC is again babbling how he is too old and isn't hungry anymore. He doesn't even know if he wants a new UFC contract.

Bigs may be right after all.

I'm not at all a CC hater, I just hate how the UFC continues to give him fights on the merit of his accomplishments in Pride. I had high expectations for Mirko coming into the UFC but he hasn't come close to living up to those. I get pissed when he comes in the cage to circle his opponent and throw one or two punches per round. Why even fight if that's his gameplan?

The bottom line is that CC should've lost this fight. If Pat had finished him in the first like he should've then the conversations today would be a lot different. I already said multiple times that we saw the best CC yet in the UFC, I'm not surprised at all that his best performance came against Pat Barry.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Crocop's next move?   Crocop's next move? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:24 pm

How could Barry have finished him? He bounced back up immediately both times. He wasn't wobbled after he got up. Barry broke his hand on the second punch to Mirko's face.

Bottom line is only a few UFC fighters could land punches like that on CC, the only real offense other than a couple leg kicks that the second best striker in the UFC actually landed the whole fight.

CC dominated Barry other than those two punches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crocop's next move?   Crocop's next move? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crocop's next move?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2