Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use

Go down 
+7
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
SOKO
LTFG
captain organic
MMAEYES
OU
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use Empty
PostSubject: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:49 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/6/11/1513447/mma-hall-of-famer-to-admit-steroid
Tonight's groundbreaking episode of HDNet's "Inside MMA" presents a surprisingly frank discussion on a topic rarely talked about in Mixed Martial Arts - steroid use. How many fighters have used the substances to further their careers and how many are still using them today?

Panel guests are UFC stars Dennis Hallman and Pat Barry, and Strikeforce's Renato "Babalu" Sobral.

"Inside MMA" airs on HDNet, tonight, Friday, June 11 at 9:00 p.m. ET.

A short clip of Hallman's comments, where he alleges at least 50% of fighters take PEDs, can be found after the jump:

*edit* new info
UFC Hall of Famer and MMA trailblazer Ken Shamrock admits he used
steroids during his career.

The 46-year-old fighter and UFC 1 competitor confirmed the usage while a
guest on Friday's new edition of "Fighting Words with Mike Straka" on
HDNet.

Shamrock tested positive for multiple steroids after his most recent
fight – a February 2009 submission win over the late Ross Clifron – but
initially denied usage.

At the time and in a subsequent interview with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), his
camp blamed the failed drug test on over-the-counter products that may
have triggered a false positive.

Shamrock, who didn't explain exactly when the usage took place, told
Straka it's easy for MMA fighters to acquire the banned substances.

"It's easy and simple," he said.

Shamrock, who's also been involved in professional wrestling with the
WWE, placed some of the blame on fans, whom he said want to see
muscled-up athletes but ostracize them if they fail a test or endorse
the drugs.

"When they find out about it, they want to stick their heads in the
sand," Shamrock said. "No one wants to take responsibility, but everyone
wants to see [bigger athletes]."

Last edited by OUSOONERSOU on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:04 pm

So it's gonna be Ken Shamrock right?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:04 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

Coleman?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:07 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

Coleman?

It's got to be one or the other. No fucking way Royce admits it, I still believe he didn't do it!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:11 pm

should we be surprised that any athlete in this era uses ped's?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:11 pm

Royce, Couture or Liddell aren't admitting shit even if they did do it. I'm guessing it's someone that isn't any surprise whatsoever...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:12 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Royce, Couture or Liddell aren't admitting shit even if they did do it. I'm guessing it's someone that isn't any surprise whatsoever...

It says "MMA HOFer", but since I'm not aware of any such Hall I can either assume they are talking about an UFC HOFer or just a legend in the sport.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:17 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

It says "MMA HOFer", but since I'm not aware of any such Hall I can either assume they are talking about an UFC HOFer or just a legend in the sport.

So after the three "HOFers" I mentioned, Shamrock, Coleman and Severn are left. Shock factor of almost zero on that list, right?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:21 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

So after the three "HOFers" I mentioned, Shamrock, Coleman and Severn are left. Shock factor of almost zero on that list, right?

Yep, zero shock there.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:27 pm

The discussion continues on tonight's edition of HDNet's "Inside MMA," and both MMA veteran Dennis Hallman and a mystery UFC Hall of Famer chime in on the subject.

got the above from mmajunkie so looks like it will be a UFC HOFer and not just some MMA legend.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Severn has had the most to say on the subject over the years... Shamrock could be outspoken and in need of a spotlight at this point... Coleman could have an axe to grind with his recent departure from the UFC, and could attempt to point blame at the UFC...

Damn... Tough one to call, but if I had a gun to my head I'd say Shamrock.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:33 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Severn has had the most to say on the subject over the years... Shamrock could be outspoken and in need of a spotlight at this point... Coleman could have an axe to grind with his recent departure from the UFC, and could attempt to point blame at the UFC...

I would say whoever is least likely to fight again. I'm leaning toward Severn. I just don't see Ken admitting to that kind of thing. You CAN count Randy, Chuck and Hughes all out. The list of canidates isn't very long.

edit* oopss

Last edited by OUSOONERSOU on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:39 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

I would say whoever is least likely to fight again. I'm leaning toward Severn. I just don't see Ken admitting to that kind of thing. You can't count Randy, Chuck and Hughes all out. The list of canidates isn't very long.

I can't see Randy or Chuck admitting to beaing able to cheat the system while under contract. Ken's fighting in some org that no one knows or care's about. Coleman's probably done... Hopefully done. Is Hughes officially in the HOF now? If so, I'd group him with Chuck and Randy. Severn would be my second choice behind Ken.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:40 pm

ken
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Ooops I ment to say you CAN rule out Randy, Chuck and Matt.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Honestly I wouldn't rule out any of them. How hard would it be for one of them to say they did roids in their past before their fighting careers? I'm sure most were amateur high school athletes for various sports. High school kids have been doing roids for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:43 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

I would say whoever is least likely to fight again. I'm leaning toward Severn. I just don't see Ken admitting to that kind of thing. You can't count Randy, Chuck and Hughes all out. The list of canidates isn't very long.

I can't see Randy or Chuck admitting to beaing able to cheat the system while under contract. Ken's fighting in some org that no one knows or care's about. Coleman's probably done... Hopefully done. Is Hughes officially in the HOF now? If so, I'd group him with Chuck and Randy. Severn would be my second choice behind Ken.

Hughes got in offically just a little while ago. I think it was the same weekend he fought Gracie. Whenever the fan expo was...I think.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:44 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Honestly I wouldn't rule out any of them. How hard would it be for one of them to say they did roids in their past before their fighting careers? I'm sure most were amateur high school athletes for various sports. High school kids have been doing roids for a very long time.

We are ruling out who will ADMIT it. Someone is going to be on the show. Just guessing it won't be Chuck, Randy or Matt since they are active in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:24 pm

It's probably just Dennis Hallman lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:27 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
It's probably just Dennis Hallman lol.

I'm guessing Bas inducts himself into the hall and then admits to roids use.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Hope it's not Dan, even though i don't really give a fuck about steroids.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Hate it, but yes, Dan Murgiulata is on the juice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Oh since we're eliminating HOF guys who won't be admitting it, Mask is out too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 10:59 pm

so who the hell was it?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 11:05 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19508/ken-shamrock-admits-to-steroid-use-2.mma
UFC Hall of Famer and MMA trailblazer Ken Shamrock admits he used
steroids during his career.

The 46-year-old fighter and UFC 1 competitor confirmed the usage while a
guest on Friday's new edition of "Fighting Words with Mike Straka" on
HDNet.

Shamrock tested positive for multiple steroids after his most recent
fight – a February 2009 submission win over the late Ross Clifron – but
initially denied usage.

At the time and in a subsequent interview with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), his
camp blamed the failed drug test on over-the-counter products that may
have triggered a false positive.

Shamrock, who didn't explain exactly when the usage took place, told
Straka it's easy for MMA fighters to acquire the banned substances.

"It's easy and simple," he said.

Shamrock, who's also been involved in professional wrestling with the
WWE, placed some of the blame on fans, whom he said want to see
muscled-up athletes but ostracize them if they fail a test or endorse
the drugs.

"When they find out about it, they want to stick their heads in the
sand," Shamrock said. "No one wants to take responsibility, but everyone
wants to see [bigger athletes]."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use   Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use Empty

Back to top Go down

Inside MMA to cover roids, Ken Shamrock admits use
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next