Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape Empty
PostSubject: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 11:22 am

Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape Tot2
June 19
At Oakland, Calif. (Showtime):
Super Six World Boxing Classic, Andre Ward vs. Allan Green, 12 rounds, for Ward's WBA super middleweight title
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 11:47 am

This is going to be a good fight on June 19th, I bet we see some fireworks, and it not even the 4th of July. pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:54 pm

I cant wait.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:57 pm

There must be a mistake on Green's shorts, it's suppose to say Feetness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah. Everyone will join Green nation by the 20th. I just have to decide who I let in.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:58 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
I cant wait.

I don't think Green is coming to play games, he knows this may be his last shot at the bigtime and that he'd better look good and not blow it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Ring wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
I cant wait.

I don't think Green is coming to play games, he knows this may be his last shot at the bigtime and that he'd better look good and not blow it.
I am so pumped up for this fight. I have around 20 people coming over for a huge cookout and then watch the fight. Its going to be a good drunken time.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:18 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
I cant wait.

I am so pumped up for this fight. I have around 20 people coming over for a huge cookout and then watch the fight. Its going to be a good drunken time.

Sounds like fun, for the sake of boxing I hope this turns out to be a great fight, unless, you or someone else beats me to it, i'll likely do a Showtime- Green-Ward score it thread here Saturday the 19th.

cheers dude, I hope yer boy Green doesn't disappoint, if he wins, you can feed Ward fans some extra servings of crow, and you'll be a bit of a hero. hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:20 pm

Ring wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
I cant wait.

Sounds like fun, for the sake of boxing I hope this turns out to be a great fight, unless, you or someone else beats me to it, i'll likely do a Showtime- Green-Ward score it thread here Saturday the 19th.

cheers dude, I hope yer boy Green doesn't disappoint, if he wins, you can feed Ward fans some extra servings of crow, and you'll be a bit of a hero. hahaha
If Green wins there will be some fun things I do on a former board I use to post on. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 4:24 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah. Everyone will join Green nation by the 20th. I just have to decide who I let in.

i'm still VP right?
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Can Alan Green overcome the half inch of ankle in favor of Ward?
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 4:49 pm

lol. Droll.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Not sure about the timing of Green;s past intestinal disorder. Was he still suffering from it around the time of the Miranda loss?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 5:15 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Not sure about the timing of Green;s past intestinal disorder. Was he still suffering from it around the time of the Miranda loss?

You'll need to ask MarkyMark, he bribed Green's doctor to get a hold of his medical records.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 7:37 pm

Green had surgery pretty soon after the Miranda loss. Did it affect him during the Miranda fight? I don't know. He had a rather strange run there for a while. He lost to Miranda where he looked lackluster for alot of the fight. Then he had the surgery. Then when he came back he had the weird, "looking down at the feet" tick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Green was definitely messed up in the Miranda fight. They removed 85% of his colon soon after. Plus he was at MW for that fight where he's never looked as good.

The foot thing he said is a bad habit he got while sparring with guys he could dominate and playing around. I didn't see it in his last fight and he'd said it wouldn't be an issue going forward.

It doesn't matter though, no way he overcomes the ankle/calf disadvantage. Ward's gonna juke all night and break his ankles without even throwing a punch. They'll need to take Green out on a stretcher.

Last edited by Gumby on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:11 pm

I do believe he was having problems during the Miranda fight. Green seems to fight at a measured pace in most of his fights, but against Miranda it looked like he had no energy at all.

I think he needs to bring energy to the Ward fight. Take the initiative, push the action.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:34 pm

Deezy0814 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

i'm still VP right?
Hell yes you are. I will let you decide who gets in OK?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:36 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Green had surgery pretty soon after the Miranda loss. Did it affect him during the Miranda fight? I don't know. He had a rather strange run there for a while. He lost to Miranda where he looked lackluster for alot of the fight. Then he had the surgery. Then when he came back he had the weird, "looking down at the feet" tick.
Yes it was an issue. He was advised by his doctor not to fight and try to postpone the fight with Miranda but he did not.
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:37 am

soonermark890 wrote:
Deezy0814 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

i'm still VP right?
Hell yes you are. I will let you decide who gets in OK?

ok that's cool Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape   Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape Empty

Back to top Go down

Allan Green vs Andre Ward tale of the tape
Page 1 of 1