Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition

Go down 
+2
bobbitt15
Birdofthad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition Empty
PostSubject: Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition   Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:51 am

for Kings

Toby Imada vs Pat Curran - the slick submissionist Imada is back in the finals as expected (atleast IMO), but Pat Curran was not supposed to be here, he shook up the MMA world when he defeated Roger Huerta in a good 3 round fight. My Prediction : Pat Curran keeps it up and grinds out a decision against Imada, which will be a tough feet.
Chances against Eddie Alvarez- I think Alvarez beats Imada again, and is favored against Curran, but Pat would have a chance.

Ben Askren vs Hornbuckle : Askrens wrestling against Hornbuckles submissions will be the key in the fight. Hornbuckle has more experience and a better stand up game, but Askren has Olympic caliber wrestling and a sub game. My prediction : Askren
winners chances against Lymon Good - Good would be the favorite vs either, but both would have chances, Askren with wrestling and Hornbuckle with subs.

Joe Warren vs Pitbull : man this is a hard one, Pitbull is undefeated at 14-0 but haas grinded out some of his wins, were as Warren with only 5 fights, has looked real explosive. My Prediction : Patricio Pitbulls submissions are the key factor and he catches Warren with something. Warren still might stop him though.
winners chances agaisnt Joe Soto - both have a chance imo. Warren could crack him Pitbull could as well.

Brian Baker vs Alexander Schlemenko : This will be a fun fight, Baker seems to improve each fight and is explosive, and Schlemenko seems to always make for good t.v. wether its spinning backfists are kneeing a shooting fighter into a knee blowout. My Prediction : I think Baker can ground Schlemenko and win the fight on points. But this will be a really fun fight,
winners chances against Hector Lumbard - I dont think either would be the favorite, a win is possible, but i probably wouldnt pick it.

Whats yalls opinions and predictions?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition   Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:55 am

I think Hornbuckle would be favored to beat Good if he gets past Askren.

Baker will decision Schlemenko (then lose to LombarD) and Pitbull will sub Warren and then beat Soto

I'm undecided on tomorrow's fight but I lean Imada. Either will lose to Alvarez
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition   Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:02 am

either way its gonna be a great fight tomrow, love how the tournament, has set up 4 great fights, with 4 great other fights to be made afterwords
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition   Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:22 am

I think Chuck will win his arguement with Rich this week....and i got Joe Blow I with a two round exhibition decision over Joe Blow II....and Dana will be so impressed with Joe Blow I that he will say so in a segment. I think Joe Blow IV might break up with Joe Blow X this week....i think Joe Blow X is a little too smug...oh, this is Bellator.

Just playing guys...i sometimes watch TuF.

Good thread Bird. +1

Pat Curran vs. Toby Imada. I want Curran to win and keep the wave rolling..and because Imada was pretty unsuccesful with Alvarez the first time around. Curran has the edge in striking and i don't think it goes to the ground if Curran does not want it. Heurta had trouble getting Curran down and even more trouble keeping him down. I think it's a 2nd round TKO win for Pat.

Ben Askren vs. Dan Hornbuckle. I'm picking Hornbuckle but i also don't know just how good Ben Askren is..so i'm prepared for the unexpected from Askren. Hornbuckle could end his night real quick standing but Askren knows that and will get this fight down on the mat...i think Hornbuckle subs him down there, but seeing Askren only fight Ryan Thomas this season has left a lot of questions unanswered when we pretty much know who The Handler is...i got Hornbuckle via 1st round sub. If Hornbuckle wins, i don't think he would be the dog against Lyman Good.

Joe Warren vs. Patricio Pitbull. Simple. If Warren does not get tapped or fucked up while shooting for a takedown. He'll probably win a decision. All other scenario's point to Pitbull winning...and i pick Pitbull via submission. You make Wilson Reis look inferior on the mat, you're the real deal. In the meantime, Joe Warren has been caught in tight submissions multiple times by each of the guys he has fought in this tournament...none of which are on the level of Friere....he's probably gonna get tapped. Eitheir way...these two guys will be top 5 at FW in the not too distant future IMO.

Bryan Baker vs. Aleksander Schlemenko. Baker, and it won't even be close. Baker is just an all purpose fighter who can beat somebody like Schlemenko in various ways...even in the striking. Baker is prime...he'll bring it to the mat and punch him out or choke him out in round 1.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition   Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:25 am

like the picks and outlooks kings, good stuff, i agree about warren and pitbull being top guys this is a great match up, think your right about baker as well, hope you wrong about Askren hahaha
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition   Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:35 am

man 4 a second I was thinking "are all these fights on tonight?". That would be a sick card. Unfortuneately only Curran vs Imada is tonight, along with a chick fight, and 2 fights between guys I've never heard of.

Maybe Im being too critical but I would hope that the cards would get better as the tourney progressed, but we are down to one notable fight here.

Anyways

I'll go Imada, Curran has done the unexpected thus far, but Imada's submission's are spectacular, and will give the still green Curran trouble

Looking ahead.

Hornbuckle finishes Askren, Askren's gn'p looked pedestrian, and his sub work will be no match for hornbuckle, Askren will grind, but Hornbuckle is a big step up in comp, and he will catch him either by strikes or subs. (though this does kind of look like Mo vs Gegard).

I got Baker. Too complete, too strong, I think he'll be competive standing and if in trouble will take the russian to the ground. I would hope Baker is working on timing a counter to the spinning back fist, should have plenty of oppurtunity to land one.

And I'll go Pitbull. warren has looked susceptible to subs, pit bull is a nog camp guy. Add in the standup and that's my pick.

Last edited by captain organic on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition   Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:40 am

If Baker tries to stand with Schlemenko, the only way he survives is if he has a really good chin. That would be foolish. It is up to Schlemenko to make his life difficult with submission attempts and scrambles. Baker wins a decision there.

The other three fights are a version of the same storyline - impressive rookies vs dangerous guard players.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition   Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:32 am

well i was wrong but right so far
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition   Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:41 am

If you predicted horrible decision you would have been right
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition   Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:25 am

The only reason the BJ Penn decision might be worse is because it was over a 5 round UFC title fight. Worthy contender for robbery of the year.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition   Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 10:49 pm

wolf im sorry if you could see that Penn vs Edgar was a close ass fight than you were blinded
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition   Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 11:30 pm

If I could see? You mean to say couldn't see?

It was a close fight in the sense that neither fighter dominated but Edgar won 1 round. More than Curran won I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition   Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition Empty

Back to top Go down

Toby Imada vs Pat Curran, Askren vs Hornbuckle and other Bellator Predicition
Page 1 of 1