Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?

Go down 
+13
MikeyLikesIt
JerseyStyle
chorky777
The Great One
Farmer1906
Jruq
josh200612
captain organic
Bigs03
muayjitsu
bobbitt15
oggy420
Wolfgangsta
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who wins?
BJ via KO/TKO.
Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 17 ]
BJ via Submission.
Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
BJ via Decision.
Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
KenFlo via KO/TKO.
Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 9 ]
KenFlo via Submission.
Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
KenFlo via Decision.
Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 21% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:54 am

Oh yeah, he should also have a tranny kiss him as he walks up to the cage.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:38 am

muayjitsu wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
muayjitsu wrote:
BJ and it will be easy.

Even if you wrongly want to believe that BJ will win...you don't have to be silly about it.

wrongly lol.... yeah I know its silly but I am just tired of the BJ doubt.

That's what happens when you get beat down for 4 rounds and then quit, even if it was to one of the greatest p4p fighters ever.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:42 am

BJ's corner threw in the towel, is that really quitting?

I don't think so. I suppose, he could have protested, but who the hell does that and what would the point be? BJ deserves to get trashed for obsessing about the greasing, but not that.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:43 am

Jruq wrote:
joshkellerseattle wrote:
I almost feel like I'm being suckered into it, but I think Florian wins by decision.

Trust those instincts - you're being suckered into it. BJ has never gassed in a lightweight fight. His cardio has only come into question against bigger stronger wrestlers at welterweight, where he doesn't have to put in the cardio work to make weight. Unfortunately, BJ is apparently taking training seriously this time.

Kenny should do a couple things to help secure the victory -

1. Bubblebath in babyoil before the fight.
2. Plaster of paris handraps
3. Send multiple high quality hookers to Bj's room the night before the fight.
4. Poison Bj's food/water
5. Eye gouges, and groin kicks

Why would anyone believe what BJ or his yes men say? If he didn't take his training seriously before a revenge opportunity against GSP then why would he now? I mean, I know he was embarrassed and absolutely mauled in that fight which could motivate him but he hasn't changed much. He's still making videos and promoting his website and he's still surrounded by the same douchebags who got him ready for his fight with GSP...

Kenny, on the other hand, is training with GSP and always works hard preparing for a fight. It's almost funny to me that people think BJ is going to easily hand Florian a loss. The guy is a top notch fighter and has every right to a title shot.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:45 am

Jruq wrote:
BJ's corner threw in the towel, is that really quitting?

I don't think so. I suppose, he could have protested, but who the hell does that and what would the point be? BJ deserves to get trashed for obsessing about the greasing, but not that.

Am I mistaken that he audibly told his corner he couldn't continue? I don't think his corner would've thrown in that towel if he didn't want them to. He quit.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:53 am

Quote :
Why would anyone believe what BJ or his yes men say? If he didn't take his training seriously before a revenge opportunity against GSP then why would he now? I mean, I know he was embarrassed and absolutely mauled in that fight which could motivate him but he hasn't changed much. He's still making videos and promoting his website and he's still surrounded by the same douchebags who got him ready for his fight with GSP...

Kenny, on the other hand, is training with GSP and always works hard preparing for a fight. It's almost funny to me that people think BJ is going to easily hand Florian a loss. The guy is a top notch fighter and has every right to a title shot.
You're wrong Bigs, he has changed his training regimen, gone to Cali and trained with Marv Marinovich and has brought in a slew top-notch guys to train with.
I also think that he would beat Kenny if he trained like he did for GSP anyhow.
I like Kenny and he has earned his title shot, but BJ is just better and apparantly putting in work.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:57 pm

Jruq wrote:
Quote :

You're wrong Bigs, he has changed his training regimen, gone to Cali and trained with Marv Marinovich and has brought in a slew top-notch guys to train with.
I like Kenny and he has earned his title shot, but BJ is just better and apparantly putting in work.

We will soon see. If he hands Kenny a loss easily then I will eat my words. I don't see that happening, though.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:17 pm

don't worry bigs we will be happy to feed you your words when bj wins.
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:34 pm

I'm way too skeptical of BJ being portrayed as a workout freak at this point. If he comes in and out-cardios Kenny...it will be the first time he ever used cardio to win a fight, LW or any weight.

I'm sticking with KF by UD, but I wouldn't be surprised with BJ winning the fight, of course.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 am

Jruq wrote:
Quote :

I saw what you were talking about last night when I finally got around to watching the countdown show...and...I'M NOT IMPRESSED BY HIS PERFORMANCE!

Whatever, he's still surrounded by the same yes men and he's still a doucher. Kenny's cardio will still be better and if it gets in the later rounds I bet BJ will gas. I can't wait to see Kenny open up a nice gash over BJ's eye.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:22 pm

BJ's skin is impervious to cuts. Even from Helbows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:57 am

Bigs is just a BJ Penn hater. He hates BJ cause BJ hates GSP. He is doing things he has never done by leaving hawaii for training but yet you think he is not training hard. Kenny has been training with GSP though so....they have practicing applying that grease.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 6:44 am

Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:50 am

muayjitsu wrote:
Bigs is just a BJ Penn hater. He hates BJ cause BJ hates GSP. He is doing things he has never done by leaving hawaii for training but yet you think he is not training hard. Kenny has been training with GSP though so....they have practicing applying that grease.

I am a Penn hater but how could I not be? The guy is a grade A douchebag and I hated BJ way before he started running his mouth about GSP...just ask Sooner.

As far as me not buying into BJ's training regimen...why should I? When has BJ ever been in great shape? He always says he's training hard and busting his ass but it never plays out in the cage. Maybe he is training hard but I still think he'll gas in the later rounds of a championship match.

Kenny is always in great shape and the fact that he's training with GSP says a lot about him. Everyone knows GSP is a cardio machine so maybe BJ should've gone to train with his nemesis too. I'm not just pulling it out of my ass that it's a great idea for Kenny to train with GSP, it's a fact.

Anyway, we'll see tomorrow night and all the talk will stop. As far as the pros picks...they are worth about as much as a Researcher novel.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:01 am

Yeah Bigs hatred for BJ is nothing new, he hated him long ago. It has to do with him being a lazy douche bag, which I can understand.
Bigs what about the Sherk fight? BJ was in great shape then. That is by far the best BJ I have seen in a long time, probably ever. He was in shape, motivated and for once in his life he seemed very well prepared for that fight.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:12 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Yeah Bigs hatred for BJ is nothing new, he hated him long ago. It has to do with him being a lazy douche bag, which I can understand.
Bigs what about the Sherk fight? BJ was in great shape then. That is by far the best BJ I have seen in a long time, probably ever. He was in shape, motivated and for once in his life he seemed very well prepared for that fight.

Again, Sherk has short arms and he was attempting to stand with BJ who is a very good boxer. Stupid gameplan.

I'm not saying Sherk could beat BJ if they fought again but I think Sherk could make another run at the belt if he would stick to his bread and butter. (we all know what that is) Same thing he did against Edgar. Edgar is another good boxer and Sherk has short arms.

As far as BJ being in shape for that fight...that fight went 3 rounds and again, Sherk didn't work hard enough to take BJ down. BJ's not gonna gas if he gets to standup and box the entire fight. Let's see how he does when he's on his back with Kenny dropping bows. Let's see how good of shape he's in when rounds 4 and 5 come.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

BJ looked ready to go 6 rounds that night. I know Sherk was a moron that fight. But no matter what he did BJ was going to dominate him that night IMO. The fight went a full 3 rounds and BJ looked like he had plenty left. Again this was the only time I think he was fully prepared for a fight.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:31 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
BJ looked ready to go 6 rounds that night. I know Sherk was a moron that fight. But no matter what he did BJ was going to dominate him that night IMO. The fight went a full 3 rounds and BJ looked like he had plenty left. Again this was the only time I think he was fully prepared for a fight.

Maybe so. Either way I think Kenny will beat him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:32 am

I hope you are right Bigs, I would love for both Kenny and Forrest to win. I just don't think either will.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 pm

What about the fact that Kenny is just technically better than BJ?
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 2:17 am

chorky777 wrote:
What about the fact that Kenny is just technically better than BJ?

Now your being a little crazy.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 2:18 am

Bigs03 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Again, Sherk has short arms and he was attempting to stand with BJ who is a very good boxer. Stupid gameplan.

I'm not saying Sherk could beat BJ if they fought again but I think Sherk could make another run at the belt if he would stick to his bread and butter. (we all know what that is) Same thing he did against Edgar. Edgar is another good boxer and Sherk has short arms.

As far as BJ being in shape for that fight...that fight went 3 rounds and again, Sherk didn't work hard enough to take BJ down. BJ's not gonna gas if he gets to standup and box the entire fight. Let's see how he does when he's on his back with Kenny dropping bows. Let's see how good of shape he's in when rounds 4 and 5 come.

Sherk would beat kenny again.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:57 am

Bigs03 wrote:
Jruq wrote:
Quote :

We will soon see. If he hands Kenny a loss easily then I will eat my words. I don't see that happening, though.
Crow tastes best with salt pepper and a side of humility.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:52 am

Jruq wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
Jruq wrote:
Quote :

Crow tastes best with salt pepper and a side of humility.

Yeah BJ whooped up on my boy KenFlo. You were right, I was wrong. You're awesome, I suck. Yada yada yada.

BJ's still a prick, though.

Now they're gonna throw Diego at him and I don't think Diego has any chance.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:22 am

If it makes you feel any better Bigs I wanted to be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?   Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who will win BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next