Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires

Go down 
+10
oggy420
KingsOwn19
LA
LTFG
GDPofDRC
Bigs03
gomez1012
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
OU
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires Empty
PostSubject: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:10 am

Best player of my lifetime. Most complete player I have ever seen. You won't find a player out there with more highlight reel catches and HRs. There has probably never been a player in the history of the game with a HL reel like Griffey's. His talent rivals any player to ever play the game. I grew up a Rangers fan but my favorite player since Nolan Ryan retired has been Ken Griffey Jr.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:11 am

Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires Junior
Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires CatchBreaksWrist.300w
Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires Ken_griffey_jr
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:29 am

Too bad he sucked balls when he came back to Cincy

Great career though. 1st ballot HOFer
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:40 am

I think its safe to mention that he never juiced either.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:56 am

+1
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:34 pm

Yeah his career was ruined by injury. His numbers are great still, I'd love to see what his numbers would've been if he could stay healthy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Yeah his career was ruined by injury. His numbers are great still, I'd love to see what his numbers would've been if he could stay healthy.

He would have re-wrote all records. No question in my mind.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:42 pm

I love how he wore a t-shirt under his jersey for like 5 years that said F ESPN.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:44 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

And even though we have no clue about any of these guys... You'd like to think he would have written those clean. Maybe a little HGH would have helped keep him healthy? I know it's doing wonders for my broken down body...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:45 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

And even though we have no clue about any of these guys... You'd like to think he would have written those clean. Maybe a little HGH would have helped keep him healthy? I know it's doing wonders for my broken down body...

If Griffey was on HGH like Bonds, he would do ATLEAST as good as Bonds did. I don't think that is a stretch by any means. The guy is the most talented natural player I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Griffey would have been the best ever without injuries
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Bonds is and was better...yeah i said it and i won't carry the cross to the crucifixion.

Also, i'm tired of people writing Junior off as clean...if we have learned anything from the "steroids era" is that you can't trust that anybody was clean. I prefer that Junior was never caught or even accused of steroids...but he was long irrelevant by the time the witch hunt began.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Bonds was a good fielder, but he wasn't Griffey. You have your opinion, I just disagree. Since Jr was injured and Bonds was a cheater...we will never really know. No doubt in my mind though, he was just a better baseball player.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Unlike Bonds, Griffey didn't get better at 36, he peaked in a normal fashion before injuries set in, he was one of the few clean players no doubt.

If Bonds didn't touch roids, he probably would still be regarded as a better player and the best ever, but we just don't know that because he did.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:34 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Griffey juiced but until there's proof I will assume that he didn't. It's hard to say which was the better player between Bonds and Griffey. They have both had amazing careers, one riddled by injury, the other plagued by steroids.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:34 pm

I will say this, though, Griffey is more likely to get into the hall than Bonds.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:55 pm

A lot of Griffey's injury problems he brought on himself. Had terrible off season workout habits here in Cincy. His ass literally ballooned out another couple inches every season
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Bonds was a roided up freak. Eveything he's done has a nice big * next to it. Griffey did it right and thats probably why his body didn't last as long as a lot of other guys. The sweetest swing i've ever seen. He made it look easy in his prime.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:38 pm

he sure was good in his prime
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:40 pm

he sure was good in his prime

but alot of ya guys need to realize constant injuries is a steroid side effect

not sayint thats what happened to Ken but to say well Barry Bonds was healthy at 36 and Griffey wasnt doesnt hold much weight in the steroid argument, especially when the ones Griffey would have been using where the ones that tear and stretch the muscles making easier to injure
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:44 pm

Griffey in his day was the man, the King Dome and the dumb ass move to go to Cincy is what took a lot out of his career, it was hard to watch him under 200 this year, and the story about him sleeping in the clubhouse, time catches up to all of us, great career, easily first ballot, if he is not then the Hall of Fame Voters, should lose their vote.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Berry Bonds is the best player of your lifetime.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Yo either Griffey did roids or was dumb enough to not to when everyone else did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Berry Bonds is the best player of your lifetime.

umm speak for yourself bud
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:23 pm

I'd take Bonds over Griffey as well fwiw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires   Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires Empty

Back to top Go down

Best player of my lifetime, Ken Griffey Jr. retires
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next