Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TUF Discussion

Go down 
+10
OU
MMAEYES
SOKO
Farmer1906
LA
josh200612
GolbeZ
Birdofthad
Deezy0814
bobbitt15
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

TUF Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:44 am

TUF Discussion - Page 2 15yu6ma
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:45 am

He also made comments about Tito hitting women and is acting like he wants to fight him. What a fuckin douche
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:46 am

Yager would have gotten seriously hurt if he tried to go round 3, he knew it. Bryant is a tough fucker, I guess that explains why he is 10-0 coming into the show. Not so sure he couldn't be a WW though.

*edit* scratch that, Sherdog list him at 205lbs, so I guess MW is good for him.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:53 am

Yeager is a pussy. He'll never make it in the UFC. His striking isn't that good. He's wild and throws the craziest, most ineffective kicks ever. There's a reason he missed on most of his shots and when the other dude threw like 2 or 3 punches in an entire round it ended with Yeager on his back...surprise surprise, throwing wild upkicks.

That fight was not good. I'm not entertained by wild strikes that have about a 10 percent chance to land. Fuck Jamie Yaeger. He thinks he's fucking Eddy Gordo from Tekken...but he's not.

He needs to cut that nappy weave, get his cardio up, get a real striking coach, and get some poor girl to locate his nutsack...oh...and definitely abandon the Eddy Gordo bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:57 am

As far as the show, I'm with Farmer, I think it's one of the better shows of late. The in-house drama hasn't been a focus of the show nor has the shit talking between Tito and Chuck. It's been about the fights and the training. These guys are better fighters than we've seen on TUF in awhile. The UFC needs to continue this trend of getting guys who have some experience instead of dudes that are 1-0 coming in.

Also, I hate Tito, but I actually felt a little sorry for him having to leave his team. I thought that was just some Dana hate coming out. I'm betting we never see Tito in the octagon again.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
As far as the show, I'm with Farmer, I think it's one of the better shows of late. The in-house drama hasn't been a focus of the show nor has the shit talking between Tito and Chuck. It's been about the fights and the training. These guys are better fighters than we've seen on TUF in awhile. The UFC needs to continue this trend of getting guys who have some experience instead of dudes that are 1-0 coming in.

Also, I hate Tito, but I actually felt a little sorry for him having to leave his team. I thought that was just some Dana hate coming out. I'm betting we never see Tito in the octagon again.

You can't blame Dana for being pissed. Just like Dana said if Tito knew he was anything but 100% he should have come on the show. Tito knew damn well how hurt he was before the show started. Tito did that to himself. Dana needs to promote the upcoming fight. Tito is worth nothing to him if he can't return to fight. I think Tito just wanted his TV time, he knew he wasn't going to be able to fight.

no disclaimer needed on this one, I hate Tito but he did this to himself.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Tavares vs Bryant in the finals is my pick.

Still have my original pick, Tavares winning it all.

Guest coach could seriously be anybody who speaks English.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:08 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Tavares vs Bryant in the finals is my pick.

Still have my original pick, Tavares winning it all.

Guest coach could seriously be anybody who speaks English.

I have been rooting for the Oklahoma boy(Bryant) the whole time. My guess on the coach is Matt Hughes, the man who coached opposite of Franklin last time and good friend to Dana.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Yager quit ? are you fucking kidding me ?

I hate being weeks behind, Five USA are so slow.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:33 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Yager quit ? are you fucking kidding me ?

I hate being weeks behind, Five USA are so slow.

He didn't answer the bell in the third round. Quit like a little bitch. He would've gotten his ass kicked in the 3rd anyway. He was gassed out and the other dude was ready to go.

He's a big ol' poonanny.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:38 pm

Wasn't he the guy everyone was pointing to to show how awesome these fighters are this year?

Watch Bellator.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Wasn't he the guy everyone was pointing to to show how awesome these fighters are this year?

Watch Bellator.

I'm sure most people who watch TUF also watch Bellator. I prefer Bellator because of the quality of fighters but TUF isn't bad either.

And no, I've never been high on Yeager but I'm sure some people were. He's a flashy striker but he's inaccurate and he has no heart.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Yeagar was the sexy pic because he jump kicked his first two opponents in the first few seconds. Was good to see him in a real fight and ultimately exposed for having real weak lungs and strike d. Brian Tavares all day though, the last episode should be interesting. Two decent fighters in my opinion, the wild card is gonna go down though. This season is still 4 miles ahead of season 10. Watch both.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Watch Bellator.

TUF is on Wed and Bellator on Thurs, not too hard to watch both. We get is Wolf you hate TUF, you think is sets back MMA, we are wasting our time blah blah. You post the same thing in every TUF thread. We get it, point noted.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Wolfy hates TUF but talks up fighters that have come off the show like Rashad
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Why would I hate Rashad simply for being on TUF? What does me praising Rashad have to do with how stupid the reality TV angle is or the fights actually on TUF? But had Diego, Koscheck, Rashad, Jardine and Forrest among others not been on the show, even if they remained active fighters, they wouldn't be the fighters they are today. TUF allowed mediocre and average fighters along with some great athletes like Kos and Shad to skip the typical route fighters go and get noticed, paid and trained by the best in the world, without having to have a fulltime job on the side anymore. Without those resources I could only see Koscheck, and maybe Rashad being close to where they are now.

Keith Jardine and Forrest Griffin are the primary examples of what I call The TUF Over-achiever effect. While it is possible, and in Griffins case probable that they could have been in the UFC at somepoint, without the exposure from the show and the ability to get the MMA equal of Phil Jackson and Pat Riley as coaches, neither would have ever been a top ten fighter, much less contender or titlist.

TUF is moron TV. Plain and simple. Because a Ryan Bader or a Roy Nelson comes through the show once in a while doesn't change that fact. Because the show makes fighters better than they really are, especially when matched up against injured/aging stars of the Pride era like Liddell and Shogun doesn't make peeing in fruit or shitty commentaryless lay and pray fights mostly between guys with either no talent, no skill, or no cardio worth watching.

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:28 pm

There hasn't even been any of that kind of shit on this season Wolfy. Its been all fights and training. In fact the last few weeks the fights have started like 15 minutes into the episode
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:35 pm

TUFers have achieved way to much to dog the show IMO
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Bader drank piss and is now one of the best young fighters in MMA, maybe that piss helped, jk
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:40 pm

I like Josh Bryant in this. That guy has heart and good power, i was impressed with how he made Yager quit like a lil bitch with his stupid fucking afro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TUF Discussion   TUF Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

TUF Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2