Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC on VS discussion

Go down 
+3
KingsOwn19
LA
bobbitt15
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

UFC on VS discussion Empty
PostSubject: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 am

Just because I'm bored:

MAIN CARD (Versus)
Dan Hardy vs. Chris Lytle
Ben Henderson vs. Jim Miller
Donald Cerrone vs. Charles Oliveira
Duane Ludwig vs. Amir Sadollah

PRELIMINARY CARD
C.B. Dollaway vs. Jared Hamman
Joseph Benavidez vs. Eddie Wineland
Ed Herman vs. Kyle Noke
Ronny Markes vs. Karlos Vemola
Alex Caceres vs. Jim Hettes
Cole Miller vs. T.J. O'Brien
Danny Castillo vs. Jacob Volkmann
Edwin Figueroa vs. Jason Reinhardt

Those top 3 fights are the bomb, even if Hardy-Lytle shouldn't be the main event. I'm almost totally 50-50 on all 3 of them and they should be ridiculous as far as pace goes. I'm leaning Hardy, Bendo, and Oliveira right now. I don't expect Lytle to use his ground advantage and I think Hardy wins a striking battle by countering him. Not sure how many fights Lytle plans on having left but after the career he's had, now is not the time where I see him switching styles and grinding out a win. Big time underrated submissions, but Hardy is pretty tough to tap even with his awful wrestling.

Miller and Bendo should be pretty awesome. I think Bendo's overall athleticism and speed will win him the fight and do enough to take a decision. His striking looked really improved against Bocek who is a tough dude. Vicious knees and elbows. Just a really well-rounded guy who I think Miller is going to have a difficult time with. I think it would be in his best interest to get the takedown and grind from the top but I think he's going to have a pretty difficult time with it. Ben also has that guillotine you have to worry about on the shot. This has split decision written all over it

Cerrone-Oliveira is definitely my most anticipated fight of the night and quite honestly probably my most of the summer. I can't wait for this shit. I think it ends with someone getting a little wreckless and getting subbed on the ground most likely. Du Bronx's bjj is sick but he does take a lot of chances and leaves positions for guys to capitalize on. Cerrone has been showing off some pretty solid leg kicks in recent bouts, while Oliveira showed some more pop than were used to seeing against Lentz and was really fucking him up on the feet. I'm going to go with Oliveira just becaus he's turning into one of those guys that I'll probably always roll with in the pickems,..just so many ways to win the fight. I think he catches Cowboy in some type of sub in this one

Various thoughts on the others: Expect Sadollah-Ludwig to be competitive early but for Amir to start picking him apart as it goes on. Hamman is exciting but CB's wrestling should win that one, don't see Wineland having much more success against Joe than he did against Faber although Joe actually had some rough moments in his last fight if I recall correctly, Herman-Noke should be a decent scrap and there's always the chance that Vemola could bodyslam someone through the canvas
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:59 am

Think I'm going Lytle, Miller, Cerrone, but all 4 main card fights should be really good. Hardy might be more technical then Lytle, but I'd bet on Lytle being the first to KO the other if it becomes a slugfest, he's also got some crafty subs, hell he could wrestle him up a little never know, either way should be a great fight. Think Jim is better then Bendo, but it's a closer fight then I originally thought, I see a split dec either way type fight. Oliviera is probably more talented then Cerrone, but this one might come down to a Jackson gameplan you know. Wow just looking Benavidez/Wineland should totally be on the main card over Amir/Ludwig.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:42 am

Sometimes i wonder why UFC decides to have certain fights on the main card and better fights on the prelims...yes, i'm looking at Amir vs. Bam.

I see 4 fights on the prelims that are better...are they still trying to build up Amir? I thought the book was out that he was green as grass and had a long way to go.

Anyway...i'm mainly looking forward to the LW fights...especially Oliviera vs. Cowboy. On paper, that looks like it will be pretty memorable. Jim vs. Bendo is a big fight.

Hardy-Lytle is meh..they need to stop insulting us with Dan Hardy in main events...i had finally forgiven them for putting him in the same cage as Rush.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:51 am

Pretty sure the CB fight is off the card.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:30 pm

It just got pulled from the main card to the prelims
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:33 pm

I hope Chris drops Hardy just like Condit did.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Joe vs Wineland should be on the main card. Bendo vs Miller is the only fight that features equally high ranked fighters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:22 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Ali wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

Evil or Very Mad
I think most fans would enjoy Lytle laying out Hardy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:34 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

Evil or Very Mad
I think most fans would enjoy Lytle laying out Hardy.

Hardy is hilarious, I don't get the hate.

Semtex I can understand, he's got a habit of being a douche.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:22 pm

I like Paul Daley a lot more than i like Dan Hardy. Atleast Daley is somewhat legit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:53 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I like Paul Daley a lot more than i like Dan Hardy. Atleast Daley is somewhat legit.

This is just crazy talk.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

This is just crazy talk.
It's the truth. Hardy was fast tracked to a title shot. Daley is a much more proven fighter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:58 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

This is just crazy talk.
It's the truth. Hardy was fast tracked to a title shot. Daley is a much more proven fighter.

I am talking about the person.

Daley is a bit of annoying Limey gangsta wannabe, Hardy is funny and witty.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

This is just crazy talk.

Hardy played the roll of the loud mouth heel to gain exposure. It was an intentional move and it worked. Red Mohawk, bandanna during his entrance, he is even a douche when Buffer is introducing him in the cage.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:09 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

This is just crazy talk.

Hardy played the roll of the loud mouth heel to gain exposure. It was an intentional move and it worked. Red Mohawk, bandanna during his entrance, he is even a douche when Buffer is introducing him in the cage.
one of my favorite intros is watching Hardy, he has so much energy its awesome. i really like hardy even tho he isn't what the UFC hype machine said he was... damn those zuffa liars
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:15 pm

I like Hardy. He seems like a decent guy and he can bang. This one shouldn't make it out of the 2nd round.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:15 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

This is just crazy talk.

one of my favorite intros is watching Hardy, he has so much energy its awesome. i really like hardy even tho he isn't what the UFC hype machine said he was... damn those zuffa liars

And that's why Killer is my main man on here, give me five brother.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:18 pm

I guess it's not Hardy's fault that he isn't as good as he thinks he is or as the UFC wanted you to believe.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:23 pm

I don't like either Hardy or Daley. My beef with Hardy is I couldn't stand that he got a title shot he didn't deserve, I hate how he loves england enough to scream it like he does but he lives here in our country. My beef with Daley is I knew that the first time someone would take him down his hypetrain would come to a stop but waiting for that truth to reveal itself to thoughs who didn't already know it made me dislike him more.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:25 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I don't like either Hardy or Daley. My beef with Hardy is I couldn't stand that he got a title shot he didn't deserve, I hate how he loves england enough to scream it like he does but he lives here in our country. My beef with Daley is I knew that the first time someone would take him down his hypetrain would come to a stop but waiting for that truth to reveal itself to thoughs who didn't already know it made me dislike him more.

You hate Hardy because he's patriotic ?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Ali wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

This is just crazy talk.

And that's why Killer is my main man on here, give me five brother.

UFC on VS discussion Hand-five-points
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Ali wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

No I just feel like a fighter whos "thing" it is to make a fuck up intense face while screaming england should probably live there that's all
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Like if Rich Franklin moved to england but kept sporting the american fighter sponcer and started screaming usa at his fights Rolling Eyes just seems stupid to me
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:35 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Ali wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

No I just feel like a fighter whos "thing" it is to make a fuck up intense face while screaming england should probably live there that's all
totally disagree with you MMA, plus he lives in England and the states... although that shouldn't get in the way of his patriotism
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC on VS discussion   UFC on VS discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC on VS discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next