Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto Empty
PostSubject: Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto   Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:37 pm

The fighting style, there physical frames are almost the same. Caneol is only more of a counterpuncher, but they fight almost the same. This is a good thing and I bad this I guess. Cotto is a very good fighter, but nothing great. i get the feeling Canelo will have a similar career, but he is expected to be the next great thing. I see nothing from Canelo that says hes going to be great. He isnt the fastest, biggest puncher or strongest, he has no defense, gets pushed to the ropes to easily but he has a lot of will and heart. The guy will be involved in plenty of wars in the future, but I dont think he will be a dominant fighter. he continue knocking out bums, but the times he fought solid guys like JM Cotto and Tyner, he couldnt really hurt these guys. This leads me to believe he'll have a lot of trouble when he fights someone good. I know hes 19, but Im not very impressed by him yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto   Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:42 pm

I wasn't impressed either, I was shocked to see Cotto's brother push Alvarez back and rock him. Definitely needs to work on alot of things.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto   Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:07 pm

19 yrs old fellas, still a lot of room to grow and develop
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto   Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:10 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
19 yrs old fellas, still a lot of room to grow and develop

True, maybe we're being a tad hasty. But still Mathew Cotto was a former Bantamweight and he was able to rock him, that's not a good sign.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto   Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:24 pm

i agree. he will be a good solid fighter but probably not great
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto   Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:30 pm

He can be better than Cotto, and Cotto could have been great. He just ran into Margo and Pac at the wrong time. I hope people give his career more love in retrospect, especially if he wins tomorrow.

Alvarez can punch, is tough and has great ring poise. Plus he looks to have that killer instinct. Those are things that can't be taught. He's also durable and tough. Sure he needs polish, but he's young and seems to have a lot of people looking out for him. He doesn't excel in any area, but he's extremely well rounded for where he's at. He can be the next Mexican star.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto   Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:38 pm

I wouldnt say Conelo has a weak chin, it was pretty granite if you ask me (Cotto caught him with a great counter hook and then few punches after that and Canelo didnt go down). His boxing fundamentals is what worries me he gets put on the ropes way to easily and his speed and power arent very devestating. He is a good counterpuncher though and thats his best quality in boxing thus far. It will be intresting watching him develope now since he is under the spot light at such a young age. I feel he should train under Nacho B cause it will benifit him like it did Mares (the man was robbed of a title two weeks ago).
Back to top Go down
dbudge87
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto   Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:59 am

i don't think Cotto's brother rocked him that bad, he caught him as he was leaning back and wherever your head goes your body follows. considering he was 19 and the crowd was egging Cotto on, i think Alvarez handled the adversity well. it cracks me up though, i've never seen a GINGER Mexican, he looks more like a boy from a council estate in Manchester rather than Latino. Maybe he is Ricky Hatton illlegitimate lovechild, Hatton should adopt him
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, JMM, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez

PostSubject: Re: Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto   Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:49 pm

I wasn't impressed either, I thought he should have hurt little Cotto a lot more and get him out early, but that wasn't the case. Also had Alvarez fought the big Cotto, and got hit like that he might not have been standing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto   Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto Empty

Back to top Go down

Saul Alvarez will be the Next Cotto
Page 1 of 1