Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Get Ride Of Todays Weigh in Rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

Get Ride Of Todays Weigh in Rules Empty
PostSubject: Get Ride Of Todays Weigh in Rules   Get Ride Of Todays Weigh in Rules EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:30 am

there are several reasons to get ride of this foolish weight in 30-36 hours before the fight.personaly im tired of fighters maskarading themselves as welters and middles etc etc when there realy LH or 168 lders or the welters are true middles..this is the case with every division..im tired of hbo havinbg a weight in the night of the fight and its always way above the limits of the division..if you did this 2 things will evolve..1.the 105 108 115 122 130 154 pound divisions will be gone because 95 percent of the fighters would weigh in at or very close to one of the original weight classes..thus eliminating these phoney divsions..there phoney by all means.2. it will pit fighters more evenly by weight.3. its a slap in the face to the fighters of the past who realy made the weight honestly...what are your thoughts..mine are very strong on this issue.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Get Ride Of Todays Weigh in Rules   Get Ride Of Todays Weigh in Rules EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:48 pm

I think nearly everyone is in agreement that they should bring back the same day weigh in. If fighters like Paul Williams want to dry themselves out to fight smaller men they would not have time to rehydrate and would be weakened.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Get Ride Of Todays Weigh in Rules   Get Ride Of Todays Weigh in Rules EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:29 pm

COMPLETELY agree. Weigh-in should be no earlier than noon the day of the fight.

I do understand why it really isn't feasible to have weigh-ins 15 minutes before the fight...but I'd really like to see it anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get Ride Of Todays Weigh in Rules   Get Ride Of Todays Weigh in Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Get Ride Of Todays Weigh in Rules
Page 1 of 1