Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mayweather wants more money

Go down 
+8
bobbitt15
dmar5143
Birdofthad
gomez1012
4445Frank
KrazyHorseBennett
NBrooks5
Canvas
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
no i was saying he was the undisputed man at welter
Yeah but I know and you know you were trying to make that a good win and its not. LOL
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:15 pm

ya your right sooners becoming the undisputed welterweight champion isnt impressive at all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
ya your right sooners becoming the undisputed welterweight champion isnt impressive at all
So you are saying that the Bali win was impressive? Is that what I am hearing Bird?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:17 pm

ya go ahead and tell me how unimpressive being undisputed champ is have fun being alone on an island , but I guess your used to it by know with the Allan Green love Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:19 pm

it was a good win

but impressive? LOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
ya go ahead and tell me how unimpressive being undisputed champ is have fun being alone on an island , but I guess your used to it by know with the Allan Green love Very Happy
LOL Ok Bird tell me are you impressed with the win over Baldi?

BTW leave Green out of this them is fightin words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:20 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
it was a good win

I agree its nothing like when Green will KO Ward in 8.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:22 pm

what do you call beating the undisputed welterweight champ and whitewashing him 12-0 ?

if thats your stance then I hope you shit all over Holyfield beating Buster Douglas as well
you like putting words in my hands (not mouth) as i never said it was impressive i said he was the champ
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:23 pm

balidi win was expected and not a glory win..floyd won that night the REAL welter title the lineal one but he was not undisputed per commisions since baldi did not pay one fee for a belt when he fought judah..leon spinks was also the REAL champ..billy backus was the undesputed real champ years ago..im not impressed.stuff happens lol.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:23 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
it was a good win

I agree its nothing like when Green will get KO'd by Ward in 8.

fixed
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
what do you call beating the undisputed welterweight champ and whitewashing him 12-0 ?

if thats your stance then I hope you shit all over Holyfield beating Buster Douglas as well
you like putting words in my hands (not mouth) as i never said it was impressive i said he was the champ

again, i'd call it a good win, nothing impressive

Like Dmar said, expected, just like all of his other so called notable wins in recent years

Gatti, Zab, Hatton, Oscar, even Shane
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Floyd beats Zab and Baldi the 2 men with claims to the title, he drops 4 rounds out of 24 at worst
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Floyd beats Zab and Baldi the 2 men with claims to the title, he drops 4 rounds out of 24 at worst

good wins, impressive? not really

Huge favorite to win both
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:32 pm

i never said they were impressive in a past thread Sooners couldnt admit those made the undisputed man in the division and somehow tried to twist this into me masterbating to these wins as if they were the 2nd coming of Allah
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, JMM, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:33 pm

Back to the topic gentlemen, why do you guys think Floyd is doing this? Cause he honestly feels he deserves the bigger split or just being a dick like always?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:34 pm

lol..yes the first win made him the real champ the second one undisputed in anyones eyes..thats fact.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Money is waht Money May is all about

i love how Arum isnt going to negotiate in the press and then what does he do
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:35 pm

yahtzee dmar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

That's not a good win either. Buster? Come on Bird.

Its ok either way Floyd is a great fighter.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:36 pm

freddie1437 wrote:
Back to the topic gentlemen, why do you guys think Floyd is doing this? Cause he honestly feels he deserves the bigger split or just being a dick like always?

that one
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:37 pm

i think he feels he deserves a bigger split..ill agree with him but no more than 52-48 if hes looking for 60-40 or more hes out of line and even he knows that but publicaly wont admitt it..hey if this is 80 milklion for two guys why not 25 mill apeace and the left over 30 goes to the winner..ill bet pac says ok .will floyd.

Last edited by dmar5143 on Wed May 26, 2010 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Money is waht Money May is all about

i love how Arum isnt going to negotiate in the press and then what does he do
They all fucking suck they just need to sign and fight
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
sorry Floyds constantly outsold Pac like it or not

Mayweather's the bigger draw and its not a shock he is a loud abrasive american compared to a quiet phillipino guy who likes to sing 80s karaoke
I'm not challenging this view. However, my thinking is, it's not feasible to comapre, Pacquaio vs. Clottey to Mayweather vs. Mosley. You have Pac fighting a relative unknown and Mayweather fighting a star. Now this is where is gets confusing. All through MWs career, he's had to fight a star to generate the PPV numbers you guys are talking about. However, some are saying that Floyd's numbers are higher vs Pacs when considering common opponents. I don't know if that's accurate, however even if it is, we must also consider Pacquiao - Cotto as a big influence on negotiations. By the time he fought Cotto, Pac's popularity was gaining great momentum based on his wins over De La Hoya and Hatton. The numbers of the Cotto fight ( a fighter who defeated Mosley) vs. the numbers of the Mayweather - Mosley fight are by far the most important factors when negotiating purses for this fight (My opinion.). I doubt they justify a 60-40 split in Mayweather's favor, however if they do, I'd like to see the numbers. If the numbers justify it, so it is.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:41 pm

yes fight or have a duel with colt 45 s at 5 paces and floyd sr can give floyd the meth so the bullets bounch off him..after all we want to level the playing field BS..
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, JMM, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:42 pm

I agree with you Frank, I think you have to compare PBF vs Mosley to Pac vs Cotto and you will see that the numbers are extremely close 1.4 to 1.25. Best scenario would be 52-48 and if Pac feels really generous then 55-45, but 60-40 isn't going to get the fight made!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayweather wants more money   Mayweather wants more money - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mayweather wants more money
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next